Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thanks you two, one more question: is the carousel of progress open during this party time? or closed? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but i'm coming a looooooooooooooong way (living in thailand for past 2 years) and i want to play this thing out! :)

thanks
kyu shin

When I was there the Carousel of Progress was open. However, the Timekeeper was not (I missed it by a day!). You may want to call and find out since the Carousel of Progress is considered "seasonal". I hope you get to see it.

Before you change your flight, be sure to call and secure your tickets. What if you go to all of the trouble to change your flight and the event is sold out when you arrive?

Booked MVMCP for Dec 17...(yeah, booked that 1.5 months ago, now i read it's sold out)! Have a question for all though:

I also booked a PS for a dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dining for 730pm. Do you think I should make that earlier since MVMCP starts at 7pm? Initially I thought we will have a long party night, so I wouldn't miss out too much if we take a break for dinner, then rejoin the party and activities after our dinner.

What do u all think? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance

We were waiting at the gates at 3:50pm to enter. At exactly 4 pm they let MVMCP ticket holders in the turnstiles. We wanted to enjoy the rides with minimal crowds so we didn't make any PS. I had fed my girls sandwiches before we got there and our plan was just to snack while we played. We did many rides, took in a couple of the shows, watched the fireworks and parade, etc. We never sat down to eat anywhere more than a park bench. We nibbled the cookies and cocoa and relished the park being so UN-crowded. We played in Fantasyland where Pinocchio taught my 2 year old to hula-hoop and danced with my 7 yr old. It was outstanding.

As for your question: if you enter at 4 pm then you'll have over 3 hours of ride time before you check in for your PS. Then plan on at least an hour for dinner. We did LTT one night, not our MVMCP night, and it took 1 1/2 hrs at the table with a 25 min wait before hand, even with PS! If you finish your dinner by 9 you can make it out just in time for the fireworks, and then a couple more hours of playtime. It would be quite do-able. It might be hard to change your PS anyway, especially if MVMCP is sold out on your night. I think keeping your PS as is would be fine. Just arrive right at 4pm, get some of your must do's out of the way early, then relax and soak in the atmosphere. It's wonderful!

Did anyone who has already been to the PARTY notice any people selling 'extra' tickets outside the gate? We can only go on the 10th, it is sold out and they don't take cancellations on these tickets....just wondering if it is worth the effort to stand outside the gate and hope?
Colorado Belle

Colorado Belle said:
Did anyone who has already been to the PARTY notice any people selling 'extra' tickets outside the gate? We can only go on the 10th, it is sold out and they don't take cancellations on these tickets....just wondering if it is worth the effort to stand outside the gate and hope?
Colorado Belle
i doubt this would happen, you can check ebay i saw someone selling tickets there

Colorado Belle:
I don't know if this helps, but a couple of years ago for the MNSSHP we ended up with 2 extra tickets and I planned to stand outside the gate of the MK that night to try to sell them. Luckily, when I went to Guest Services and explained the situation, they did give us a refund there at the gate. So, I'd check with Guest Services that day - maybe they did refund someone and they'll have some tickets. Or, if not, it can't hurt to stand there and hope someone has some extras for sale!
Good Luck!

Be sure to be there at 4PM. We went to the Party last Thursday night.
We arrived about 3:45....there were about 100 folks waiting to get in.
Everyone with a ticket was admitted, nothing was said about dinner PS's.
We were given a wristband as we entered which allowed us to remain in the park. We all "waited" in Tomorrowland for the official party start.

I'm guessing this is just one of the little hidden perks you'd never know about if it wasn't for this board.

Just got back! went to the party on the 3rd. It was GREAT! We entered at 4:15 because the cm's were holding off entrance till after the parade(they were filming for the official holiday parade so the parade start time was moved till 4:00 pm) That actually worked out for us because half of our party was late. We did EVERYTHING including all of fantasyland AND many photo with the chjaracters: Alice and tweddle dee and tweddle dumb and Cinderalla and prince(behind the castle) and Aurora and Prince. We took our family photo with Mickey and Minnie as we left!! We did all this in 5 hours!! We rode 13 rides. We took 5 character phots's(yes there were still lines for these) saw two shows (stage show at the castle and 'night before' show in tommorrow land) and viewed wishes from the center hub!!!
Unfortunetly we had to leave before the parade because on our kids was having real trouble with his Asthma(it was very cold that night). So we left about 9:30 and every single person had a smile on there face!!! It was a WONDERFUL event and for the 5 off site guest who joined us a realllll bargain!!! This was my first attempt at being an un-official tour guide and I want to thank all the intelligent posters here for my grat success!!! Your tips specifically on this event are invaluable!!! I most love the 4:00 pm tip!!!!!!

P.S. we did do all this lesurely and stopped for cookies and hot chocolat 2x's.

P.S. Donald's tree farm is next to IASW , right where the chair lift(ski lift like chairs) used to be!!

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party was wonderful as always! Our little secret is out though! When we first started attending MVMCP, you could walk onto the rides, but this time the park was crowded from my perspective. It was a wonderful evening enjoyed by all! A new feature for us was the Character Hop. A DJ played music and provided wonderful atmosphere. Characters were out dancing with children all night (till midnight!). My son loved it and we got some great video of him dancing with Pluto and Pinocchio! This is a not to be missed event if you have young children and attend MVMCP!

::MickeyMo

This is going to be our first time attending MVMCP (and only our second time at Disney World EVER).....I'm SO excited but I do have several questions that I'm hoping you can all help me out with.

First of all, I made a PS for Tony's Town Square for 5:05pm but the CM told me that unless I had a day admission ticket there was no way I was going to get in the park before 7pm. Now I know I've read here that people made similiar PS for places like LTT, so I'm wondering have you actually tried it and it worked?

Secondly, If I'm reading the most recent posts correctly they are letting MVMCP ticket holders into the Magic Kingdom at 4pm even without PS reseverations? I'm SO hoping this is true because my goal with the PS that I made was really to just get into the park a little bit early even if it meant having to eat dinner and wait in the restaurant until 7pm.

Lastly, If the do let you in early what are they allowing you to do with that extra time (up until 7pm)? If they only let you in early for a PS what do you do after you eat dinner?

I know that most of these questions have been answered by some of the recent posts but I'm just really confused I guess. Mainly because I called several times yesterday trying to get a CM that might have better answers for me (luckily I didn't stop with the first one because he told me that to attend MVMCP you needed both a day admission ticket and MVMCP tickets because the MVMCP tickets only allowed you to go to the special shows and stuff). All the CM's I talked to had different answers, you can't get in early for a PS no matter what, you can only get in early if you eat at LTT or Tony's not good for Crystal Palace or the Royal Table, you need two sets of tickets for admission....LOL sorry it was confusing.

3Halls...
You can get in without PS at 4:00 with your MVMCP ticket with no problems, so I wouldn't bothere going to MK that day at all! So go early and have the run of the park..My DD works at the main gate and she says Friday nights have been the busiest!
Disney only sells 22K ticket to there max of 66K.Not every ride is open but to me the most important are!
You will receive a wrist band at some point between 4-7 we went to the Halloween party and they had tables set up in all the lands..Don't be surpised if they shuffle you to tomorrow land to make sure all the not MVMCP holders have left the park..
HAVE FUN!!!
We'll be there on the 12th for DD birthday!!

Just to clarify, when you get in early, and if they do shuffle you to Tommowland, the rides there will be open for your enjoyment. In fact, there was a 6:15 performance of Mickey's the Night before Christmas.

We were at the 11/30/04 party. Arrived at about 4:10 pm and were let right in. I had a PS for 4:20 at the LLT, but they never even mentioned that I needed one to get in. By the way, we did not go to LLT. Just was not hungry. Had a great time!

Just an FYI for those with the question about getting in at 4pm.....I went to the 11/30 party at around 3:55.
They were just putting up the sign that read to go to the right to get in for the party, we headed that way and there was a line of people standing off to the side of the gates, when I got up to the gate I asked the first person in line if she was next (so I wouldn't cut her) and she said they had to wait until 4pm to get in with just the MVMCP ticket, since we had the UPH's we just used our regular pass and then got wristbands later.

So I think that settles it, they will let you in no earlier then 4, and it seems they really go by that rule since they held everyone off until 4:00 on the button!

angel's momma - Donald's Tree Lot was between Liberty Square and Fantasyland. Just before It's a Small World ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter