Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by cathy59
Sorry it took me so long to get back! Sick DS :(, temp job (don't let that get to be a habit!;))

Anyway, I called Guest Services and the Days of Christmas store in DTD does have an ample supply of "mickey ears santa hats" for $14! Adult size only, though.

$14 is a WAY better price than $39! And I don't have to pack them until we come back home!

Thanks for all of the tips out there! You guys know everything!

::yes::

Can you have these waiting for you at the resort, or do you have to wait until you get there to buy them?

StaceyA, I don't know. I called 407-828-3058 and I think the prompts tell you which to pick -- it might have been "all other inquiries." ha!

Anyway, they connected me to the mail order department, and there is also an email for them. I think it is: waltdisneyworld.mail.order@waltdisneyworld.com

I know you can shop and have packages sent to your resort, but I don't know about having it there before you arrive. Sorry!

It's the Disney's Days of Christmas store in DTD. Good luck and have a great time!

I was just wondering if anyone had any really good tips about MVMCP--also anything that might be overlooked that is good to check out. We've been to WDW in early Dec for several years but have never done MVMCP. We have tickets for Dec 9. Can't wait to finally check it out!
:sunny:

What we need is actually a consiced version of this thread. Reading 38 pages of them, most of which has nothing to do with MVMCP strategy during the MVMCP itself, I find it very confusing and feeling really frustrated.

FatCow, I agree that the thread is very general, but I think it was set up to be like that. I reviewed the chronology of the thread and it's pretty interesting. It started with the announcement of the dates and DIS'ers trying to choose which was the best day to go. That was followed by questions and suggestions on dining options. Links to threads for mini-meets started popping up after that. Now we're seeing the holiday merchandise becoming available and most of us women just have a need to know what everyone else will be wearing :teeth: . I know for myself, I probably won't be interested in touring tips until the 2004 schedule has been released. What I have learned is that it's a good idea to get there early and be in either Tomorrowland or Fantasyland during the transition from normal operating hours to party hours. I've read that many will see the first parade, watch the fireworks and then leave. If you can plan your shows or rides during this time and watch the later parade, you might get more done.

I think it would be a great idea to start a "MVMCP Touring Tips & Plans" thread as soon as we get some more information.

Originally posted by TammiMcMan
I think it would be a great idea to start a "MVMCP Touring Tips & Plans" thread as soon as we get some more information.

Great idea, Tammi...

I'll be there on the 9th for MVMCP and it would be great to have a concise thread.

Christine

Stacey, I remember a few weeks ago we both had said we are leaving the same day :) I was originally leaving an hour or so before you.
I just moved my flight (we were going into Tampa for something but now that has changed) from 11/26 JFK to TPA to 11/26 JFK-Orlando and leaving at 7:30 am :)
Wondering if you happen to be on the same flight, that would be too cool :) Looking forward to LTT on 11/30 and then the Christmas party!
See everyone soon!

This will be our first time attending MVMCP, and I have to tell you - we can't wait!! my DD will be only one, but I can't wait to see the look on her face! (or mine, for that matter) :p

This will be my 1st time ...

Can someone tell me how this works??

Do the people in the park for the day...leave B4 4 PM???

Im hearing that we can enter @ 4PM.... sounds super crowded then..

Please share your experiences....

Does anyone need tickets for Dec 7th? We have friends who bought them and have had to cancel their trip now. They are non-refundable, so if anyone is going that day and has yet to buy their tickets, I'll bet they'll sell you them for a discount.

They have 4 adult and 1 child. Let me know!

Thanks!

First time at VMCP? It's the best!!

The guests who are there for the day will be ushered out at 6pm. The party technically begins at 7pm, but they let you in as early as 4pm. It's not very crowded, as it's the slow time of the year (why we always go!).

It's the most magical part of the trip. Not like MK isn't magical enough, but in the dark, w/ all the Christmas lights, and the snow on main st., the characters all in their Christmas costumes, the music, free hot cocoa and cookies, family pictures, the Christmas shows and parade. It's just wonderful. My absolute fave! In fact we're considering going twice! It's that awesome!

You will love it! Enjoy :bounce:

Originally posted by HollyJoy
Looking forward to our MVMCP on 12/7@ It better not rain!! That would stink!

Hey I hear you and I don't know if you can go a 2nd night, but in case it rains you will have a back up. Also, think of it like this...if it rains that just might mean that not too many people will hang around and more you and us. Just take a pancho and get some hot coco.

I would love to do MVMCP another night, but not sure that DH would be into doing so! I may ask though!!!

Go for it Hollyjolly- we are doing MVMCP Dec. 7th and 9th. We debated about doing two and decided we'd rather be safe than sorry!
See you there!
princess:

dd and i attended two parties last year, and were so glad we did:D i was worried about the weather too, and since it was our 1st dec visit we didn't want to take a chance of missing this. both nights were so much fun, and it took the pressure off of trying to fit everything into one night. i am attending 2 parties again this dec:Pinkbounc
katypop

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter