Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere in this thread there is a link to scanned copies of last year's schedules for MVMCP. This year's is likely to be very similar.

If you don't want to do any rides but just the parade, fireworks, and shows, you should be able to squeeze in most if not all the shows.

Mickey's "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" had a 6:15 performance last year, and if something similar happens this year, that would help you get a running start. Get there early to be sure of getting a seat; the 6:15 show was SRO last year. In the past you've been able enter the park as early as 4:00 with your MVMCP tickets.

I am thinking of getting the last night 12/17, but I am afraid if it rains that night, then will that still continue? Or it's subjected to the weather?

Should i get 12/16 just in case?

Need urgent advice

thanks

Originally posted by sky7777
I am thinking of getting the last night 12/17, but I am afraid if it rains that night, then will that still continue? Or it's subjected to the weather?

Should i get 12/16 just in case?

Need urgent advice

thanks

We went one year when it absolutely poured the entire time. I thought for sure the fireworks would be cancelled but they didn’t. We couldn’t actually see the fireworks – we just saw tints of color reflecting on the clouds. I was amazed that Disney was committed to every published event for the evening. Watching the characters in the parade with the pouring rain made us feel sorry for them, but Disney came through with all of the activities.

::MickeyMo

We are making our first trip December trip WDW. From reading these posts I gather that you can enter the park early if you have PS reservation, correct? I have my tickets for MVMCP, have dinner package for CP at Epcot. So now I need to make PS reservations at LTT if available. What do you show to get into the park early? Thanks, this is really neat. We have been to WDW only in May, August, and September so this December thing is new to me. See even after so many visits you can always find something new.

We were scheduled to go to MVMCP on 12/17, but had a change of plans and now we are going on 12/12. I mailed my tickets back with a letter of explanation and received my new party tickets yesterday. Woo-hoo!! Only 3 more days till I can try and make a PS for Crystal Palace. Please send a little Pixie Dust my way :D

Hi:wave2:

Anybody know what time they do the tree lighting?? Is it something special? I've noticed others asking this question but have not noticed a response.

We're not going till 2005, but planning makes the wait easier for me:sad: (sort of). We've visited twice in November for the Food & Wine Fest and once in May, so I'm new to all the holiday festivities. Thanks to all who have posted helpful information. :sunny:

Jessica:wave:

I would think around the time it gets dark if not shortly after. I thought I read it was 6 or 7. Maybe someone can confirm my answer.:earsgirl: :earsboy:

I dug out my MK events schedule from last Dec (week of Nov 30 - Dec 6). Flag Retreat was at 5:00 and Tree Lighting was at 5:30 daily, MVMCP or not. It's a safe bet it will be the same this year. Perhaps not pitch black (that's about 6:00), but dark enough for tree lighting.

Thanks erikthewise! I guess it's nuts, but I have almost all our plans in place & we're not going till next year- LOL.

Gandalf wannabe??? Excellent!!! (I'm a diehard Tolkien fan!)

Thanks again!

Jessica :wave:

For anyone who's been to MVMCP on a Friday night.......

We're thinking about going on Friday, 12/10. Since it's a Friday, I know it will probably be a sell out and I'm wondering just how bad it will be. Are waits for rides long? (Very Important!!) Is it really hard to see the parade (we will plan on seeing the late parade)? Anything else?

Thanks!!

Just wondering- Is anybody NOT getting a ps before the party? I was planning on a light day before the party-(sleeping in, DTD) then heading over to the party. My initial thoughts were to have a late lunch/early dinner at RFC @ 3:00 & then head over to the party afterwards.

We will need to get a stroller rental and a GAC upon arrival and I'm just wondering the most efficient way to get these done & out of the way.

For those of you who have done the party in the past what is the best way to start if off?

Also- I keep thinking we might get hungry later. Are there any snacks available besides cookies?

Thanks!:D

Originally posted by dbal
Also- I keep thinking we might get hungry later. Are there any snacks available besides cookies?

I don't know which ones exactly, but there will be counter service restaurants open as well, and im sure you will find plenty of snacks in the Bakery or on one of the carts of goodies!

Originally posted by RebeccaLovesDisney
For anyone who's been to MVMCP on a Friday night.......

We're thinking about going on Friday, 12/10. Since it's a Friday, I know it will probably be a sell out and I'm wondering just how bad it will be. Are waits for rides long? (Very Important!!) Is it really hard to see the parade (we will plan on seeing the late parade)? Anything else?

Thanks!!

Last year, we found Fantasyland to be a nightmare compared to the rest of the park. I would say like 20-minute waits. I just remember there were people and strollers EVERYWHERE. Very congested. We went ahead and saved FL for another day. But other than that, lots of walk-ons.
Its easier to see the late parade also.

Does the parade follow the "normal" route? We love to watch the nighttime parades from right in front of Pecos Bills.

Hi all~

I was wondering about the souvenir (sp?) pictures that you get with your ticket.

I am figuring that disney has multiple choices and places to take your pictures. Can anyone share some picture choices from previous years?

The tickets say that you receive one picture with it, so if there are six people in our party, does that mean we can take six different pictures?

Also, since they are mailed to your house, do you have to fill out a form when your picture is taken?

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by Good Ol Gal
Hi all~

I was wondering about the souvenir (sp?) pictures that you get with your ticket.

I am figuring that disney has multiple choices and places to take your pictures. Can anyone share some picture choices from previous years?

The tickets say that you receive one picture with it, so if there are six people in our party, does that mean we can take six different pictures?

Also, since they are mailed to your house, do you have to fill out a form when your picture is taken?

Thanks everyone!

All photo locations have the same backdrop and they change year-to-year. I'm guessing you can take six different pics, I'm interested to know myself since there will be eleven of us!
Yes, you do have to fill out a form. They usually hand them out as you stand in line to help speed up the process. You can order extra or packages for a fee also.

Originally posted by dbal
Just wondering- Is anybody NOT getting a ps before the party?

I'm NOT getting a PS before the party. I'd rather spend the extra $$ from not eating dinner at a restaurant towards the second night of the MVMCP.

We are not getting a PS either. We are going to have a calm day in the morning, a hearty late lunch in our room (we're staying at SSR), and head over to the park around 3-330.

I am hoping that they will still be letting us, MVMCP ticket holders, in around 4 still. Then we don't have to use a whole days park ticket for only a couple of hours.

We will be eating in the park during the evening, but will be doing counter service instead of a big dinner. With 6 in our party it should save us quite a bit of money that way.

"I'm guessing you can take six different pics, I'm interested to know myself since there will be eleven of us!"

That would be cool if we are able to take more than one picture. I was thinking that we could take one early in the evening, then one every couple of hours. (as long as the lines are not horrible!)

Then we can have a record of how much fun we were having as the night went on! Or it could show how tired we were getting! LOL

Also, I guess we could do one as a family, one with just the kids, one mom and dad only, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter