Mickey's PhilharMagic

"I want more" and stretches her arms out into the crowd. I cry every single time we see it. It is just absolutely stunning. There really are no words to explain it to someone. It's totally indescribable.

This, for me, is the best scene also. A truly magical moment.

I've never seen it. Our last trip, it was off-line and I was very disappointed.

But it is high on our list for our upcoming trip, where are theme is to experience things we've never experienced before. The OP has added to my excitement.

I LOVE this show - it is my favorite thing to do at MK. I love the combination of all my favorite Disney movies/songs in one place - makes me teary eyed everyone time I see it. This along with Voyage of the Little Mermaid just make my Disney trips!

I am planning on spending ALOT of time here during our August trip (gotta love a great show in the A/C) ;)

I have been to WDW several times but never saw Philharmagic until we went a few weeks ago. My husband and I were blown away by it and wonder why we never experienced it before. It is def. on our must do list for everytime we return to WDW. Truly amazing and funny at the same time.:flower3:

To me, Philharmagic is the most Disney thing in all the parks.

I completely agree! When we visited a couple of years ago, I had not heard of this attraction at all. It was New Year's Eve and the park was very crowded (naturally). Fortunately, this show had a minimal wait time and that is why we decided to see it. I LOVE the show!!! :lovestruc We even went back for a second showing a little later in the evening.

My boys were 2 and 5 when we went in January and both of them reached out to "catch" things as they "flew" past. That joy and wonder on their faces at the time, that is what Disney Magic means to me.

2 of my boys were 2 and 5 when we were there in March and I could spend all day watching them reach out to grab the objects in the air. the grins on their faces...mmmmm

The first time I saw it I enjoyed myself and thought it was a well-done attraction. Nothing mind-blowing, but certainly worth a look. The longer I was away from the park the more indifferent I became about it, even to the point that when I went last year I didn't really care if our group did it or not. Thankfully one of my friends is a diehard Philharmagic fan, so we did it. It's tough to explain, but somehow it just captivated me all over again. It's not a ride that I think much about when I'm not on it, or even one I'd probably make sure to recommend to people, but whenever I do it I love it.

Its usually the first attraction for us upon arrival. As a PP said its so Disney. It puts us in the Disney spirit for the rest of the trip. Its also one of the last things we do (before watching Wishes) to send us off with the Disney magic.

My daughter does not agree, she held her ears the whole time and didn't want to watch, it was too loud. She was 5 at the time.

I can't imagine going to Disney World, and not seeing PhilharMagic. On my first trip to MK, it was having a soft open, and they had to draw people in off the walkway to come see it. We figured what the heck. Holy carp, it blew us away. We laughed, we cried, we got wet. We went back later that day, and twice the next day to see it again.

It's a fantastic celebration of the Disney animation resurgence (Little Mermaid, BaTB, Aladdin, Lion King), and just overall an amazing piece of art.

I do love Philharmagic! I love all of the Disney songs and clips of Disney movies! The way you feel about it is how I feel about Festival of the Lion King in AK. I absolutely love this show!!! I am so heartbroken when people go to AK and say that they didn't bother to see it. I feel like they missed the entire reason for going to AK. :confused3

It really is one of the best attractions on property, and DEFINITELY the best 3D show in the World. I get chills down my spine from beginning to end, and cannot help grinning from ear to ear for a while afterward. If you ever see some guy walking around Fantasyland, smiling slack-jawed like a doofus, that's me coming out of the show.

Btw, did you know Mickey's PhilharMagic has the largest seamless projection screen IN THE WORLD?

Unfortunately for me, I have astigmatism. What this means in regards to 3D movies is anything made before the new digital 3D technology came on line doesn't look right to me and Philharmagic falls into this category. When the moments happen where something is supposed to look like it is over the audience (like Ariel reaching out) what I see is double 2D images of Ariel. For some reason it works just fine with the new digital 3D technology. I took my daughter to see Monsters vs. Aliens when it came out. It wasn't a very good movie really, but for me it was like seeing a 3D movie for the first time so I loved it.

I still enjoy Mickey's Philharmagic even though I don't get everything out of the 3D effects. I do hope that someday they redo it with the new digital 3D technology so I can really get the full experience of it.

It is without a doubt, the best of the 3D shows in all the parks. I always make a point to see this. I really love that it combines so many of the best Disney animated movies.

I saw it the first time this past September, and like the OP I had heard wonderful things, but seeing it in person is completely different. I still remember being breathless when you first see how bing the screen is and feeling like you're really transported to those worlds. And of course laughing myself senseless.....Donald just does that for me. :goodvibes:

The classics in this attraction moves something in me every time I watch it too. I love it and I have to do it at least twice with every visit. It's an attraction that hits a special spot in me! Love, love, love the whole shebang.... even the queue and the adorable theatre! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter