Mickey's NSS Halloween...Costumes? All Day? Ideas?

At first our group of 6 (me, DH, BIL, DD7, DD5, DS3) were all going to dress up as pirates, since I have fairly good costumes I bought for our Disney cruise....

But then I got thinking... EVERYONE will be pirates....Not to mention the HEAT.... Soooooooo

Now the girls are Cheerleaders and the Boys will be football players (which for my DH and BIL means a football jersy and shorts) Simple, light weight, fine for rides and one theme for the whole group, which I kinda insist on. lol

:cheer2:

We're going on an :cheer2: ALL-GIRLS:cheer2: trip to Disney in October - 4 mom's & 5 little girls (4 four year olds & 1 six year old). We bought the girls the Incredibles Super Suit PJ Pals off disneyshopping.com for $4.99. They will all be Violet - complete with orange headbands and (maybe) masks, if only for a picture! (We won't tell the girls they're really wearing pj's!) I think they'll be cool and comfortable, and let us not forget...CHEAP! Plus, who doesn't like a new pair of pajamas?! :cloud9:

The $100 question is - what about us mom's? Any ideas on a cheap and easy way to make the four of us look like Mrs. Incredible - without the spandex?

I hope everyone will PLEASE remember how incredibly HOT and HUMID it can be in Florida in October, even at night. We went to MNSSHP in Oct. '03 and saw far too many little ones in Pooh, Tigger, CareBear, Simba, etc. costumes. Don't overdress your kids, regardless of how cute they look!!! That year DD (5th grader at the time) went as Esmerelda- sort of, kinda more gypsy-ish than authentic. She had on a one-piece skirt/blouse dress, off the shoulder, but it was made of that costume material and she was pretty sweaty in it all evening. We did her makeup and she wore lots of beads and a crown of plastic flowers with ribbon streamers. I was a jester- wore my shorts and a polo shirt. I cut felt triangles in green, purple, and gold and attached them to the collar of the shirt, with tiny glitter pompoms glued to the end. Did harlequin-ish eye makeup and wore a 3-pointed jester hat that had balls at the ends of the points that light up (oriental traders). Boy was I hot in that felt hat!!! But it was fun. We spent the day at AK, then went to the room (offsite, with a kitchenette) to rest a bit, grab something quick (and small) to eat, and put on our costumes.

So, my clues on costumes are...nothing hanging that will get caught in the rides, if you wear a hat/headpiece, either staple it on or put it in a backpack for riding, skip the hand-held accessories, and KEEP IT COOL!!!

We are all going as pirates too. pirate: OP is right, there will probably be soooo many pirates. But, it's what the kids wanted to dress up as so that's what we will do. I wanted to do something really original. :confused3 But I made DH and my costumes and hope it will be cool enough at the end of October to wear them comfortably.

We are planning to spend that whole day in the MK too, but will go in the am in regular clothes. We plan to take a break post lunch for several hours as DD will need a nap if we plan to be up past 9...when we return to the MK (prob between 4-5 ish) we will be in costume. DD and I are doing the old southwest thing, she is a cowgirl and I will be a native american. I have no idea what DH is going as....and he is not making up his mind yet...
I dont plan on having any props other than hats, so hoping it will be easy!

The morning of the party, we will sleep in a bit. We have breakfast planned for Kona over at the Poly. We then will go to DTD for some shopping and pin trading. Afterwards, we will go back to our room to set up our return flight upgrade using rewards points that Gabby has through AirTran. We will change into our black t-shirts and witch hats at that point before heading out to the party. Being that it's going to be hot when we go, I don't want to spend the whole day in a black shirt. Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter