Mickeys Not So Scary....

Jetfan1521

Earning My Ears
Hi...I'm hoping some of you can help me! I have two res at Tonys Town Square for the first night of MNSSHP, one for 5:10 and one for 6:20. Which one should I KEEP? I don't want to miss the parade, but I'm hoping to snag a table either on the porch or outside, if they still do that, and maybe we can watch from there! I have a 3 yr old and a 10 month old! Which do you suggest? Thanks ::))

Hi...I'm hoping some of you can help me! I have two res at Tonys Town Square for the first night of MNSSHP, one for 5:10 and one for 6:20. Which one should I KEEP? I don't want to miss the parade, but I'm hoping to snag a table either on the porch or outside, if they still do that, and maybe we can watch from there! I have a 3 yr old and a 10 month old! Which do you suggest? Thanks ::))

Honestly, I would not do a TS meal during MNSSHP. You'll spend between 60 and 90 minutes of the party time eating. I'd grab a meal before the start of the party so that you'll have the party time to do party specific activities. I suppose if you're set on eating at a TS, I would go with the 5:10 pm reservation because that'll probably get you out around 6:30 pm. The lines for the most popular characters (e.g., seven dwarfs, Jack & Sally, Jack Sparrow) will probably already be long, but you won't miss out on many other party activities initially. The 6:20 pm ADR, probably won't get you out until closer to 7:30 pm, which means the party has started. It's not the worse thing, but it's not a great use of party time either.

In either case, neither time will really work for the parade. Boo-To-You typically runs at 8:15 pm and I really doubt you'd be able to drag out your dinner for over two plus hours.

I wouldn't do a TS that would cut into party time. And like the pp stated, that would be a long time to sit and wait for the parade. Even though it starts at 8:15, it won't be down Main Street until a bit later than that.

Considering how expensive party tickets are, I would not have a TS meal during or scheduled just before the party and then continue to sit there and wait for the parade. Also, there is no guarantee that you'll have a table on the patio or that people standing at the curb won't block your view.

The parade starts in Frontierland so it won't reach Town Square for about 15- 20 minutes and by the time it's over it'll be close to 9:00. That's 40% of the party time gone already!

There are so many party exclusive activities to enjoy that we can't fit everything into the 7-midnight party hours - parade, fireworks, trick or treat, villains mix and mingle, dance parties, and meet & greets with characters. For rare ones like the 7 dwarfs, Jack Sparrow, and this year with Jack Skellington and Sally people will start lining up at 5:30-6:00 to reduce the amount of wait time during the party.

If you're not interested in the meet & greets and want to eat at Tony's I would pick the 5:10 res so that you're done before the party starts.

Thank you all so much! I'm going to cancel both and just do a quick eat maybe at Casey's or something!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter