Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween

imatoad

DIS Veteran
This past Oct. was the first time we did this, and are doing it again this year. I personally think this is one of the best events I've ever experienced at DW. The highlight for me was just before the parade, a storyteller by the ficticious name of Dedrick Knickerbocker, dressed in colonial garb with semi-scarey makeup, told the story of the Headless Horseman. This guy was absolutely amazing, so much so, I had to see him twice in one night. He got the crowd involved in the story, and was so animated he was a one man show. Well, at the end of the story, he rang a a bell and warned everyone that the headless horseman would ride tonight, sure enough, a headless horseman on a very large horse, galloped through the streets with a flaming pumpkin head in his hand, just spectacular. Then fireworks and just the whole nine yards. If you have the chance, do it.

We to saw the storyteller he was great.
And the ride of the headless horseman is a must see. We have been to mnsshp
for the last 3 yrs and going again this year to :)

I agree. I LOVE MNSSHP, and the headless horseman, and the parade (and I'm not even a parade person). I love MVMCP as well because we love the season, but perhaps strictly as a "party" we prefer the MNSSHP!

We missed it last year, had other plans that night. We want to do it this year. How much extra are the tickets and do you have to buy them in advance?

They are around $30 + tax extra. You don't have to buy them in advance, but I would recommend it, because they do sell out. Especially the one on the 31st...if you want this night, you DO have to buy in advance.

We have done the MVMCP for the past several years and we are doing the MNSSHP for the first time this year. Everyone says this is better than the MVMCP. I can not wait until Oct. :Pinkbounc :banana: :Pinkbounc

John
:wave2:

It was our first time this past Oct and we will DEFINITLY be going again!! You just gotta remember the bug spray!! When we went it rained then stopped and all the mosquites were out and I was bitten ALOT of times. Besides that it was GREAT!! :teeth:

I definitely agree that the Halloween party is better than the Christmas party!

When can you purchase tickets for the mnsshp?
We won't be able to make the 31st but are planning on taking our youngest two in the middle of Oct. for an extended weekend.
pirate:

I am already planning a trip for MNSSHP for 2006...I am only slightly obsessive. :rotfl2: ...Is it better to go in the beginning of the month or closer to Halloween, or does it not matter? It looks like they offer quite a few dates for the party....

To all you DIS veterans...when did you go? How is the weather traditionally?

Thanks!

What days is it usually held? We are thinking about going Thurs. Oct 20 to Sun Oct. 23. Do you think it will be one of those nights? We could go one day earlier or later if needed. When can we get tickets? Does it sell out?

Here are the 2005 dates for MNSSHP, and I believe the tix. go on sale in March. The MK is open only to those that purchased the tix., they boot everyone else out, and right before the end of the parade, we headed to the Haunted Mansion and walked right on, absolutely no line. When we came out, the line was pretty long. When you get a spot for the fireworks, be sure to have a front view of Cinderellas castle, I'm not giving away the surprise, but make sure you can see it.

Sept. 30
Oct. 2, 4, 7, 11, 13, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31, 2005

Ya gotta go, so much fun.

imatoad said:
I believe the tix. go on sale in March.

Last year they went on sale in May and that was the earliest thus far that they've gone on sale.

Keep checking here at the DIS to find out when they're going to go on sale.

From what I hear beginning of the month is supposed to be better, however, we've been on sold out nights and it's still wonderful...no wait on rides, etc. So just go whenever you can.

We went October 31st last year and had such a great time we plan to do it 2x this year! It really is a magical event! My dd6's favorite thing was the headless horseman's ride and the parade. We really didn't have time to see everything last year so just have to make another October trip this year! :)

We went to the one on Oct. 8th, a Friday. Purchased the tix back in August, good thing because that was a sold out night. Had a lot of fun, plan to do it again. I recommend the first part of the month, still warm enough for water rides at night, cooler than during the day (supposedly, it was pretty muggy our night!)

imatoad, where is the best spot to listen to the story of the headless horseman and to see when he rides out? Thanks!!!
Michele

2tinksmom said:
imatoad, where is the best spot to listen to the story of the headless horseman and to see when he rides out? Thanks!!!
Michele

The storytelling is near LTT. The headless horseman rides the whole parade route so any parade spot is fine.

Do you need to buy admission to the park as well as the event?

If not, what time do they begin letting in for the event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter