Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to find out something.

I've gotton the impression that your name is not on the ticket.

If not, why can you not give them to someone else?

If they are, do you need id?

Thanks!

OK I haven't read this whole thread yet but last time I went to MNSSHP in 2007 they gave out complimentary strollers if u had the event ticket, then in 2008 I heard they didn't, does anyone know about this year if they will give them this yr?

We don't really trick or treat cause I think it's wasted time, my kids rather ride the rides and go to the dance parties with the characters. Anyhow any new updates people know would be wonderful! We are thinking of doing this before we go on the Magic for a week! thanks

Does anyone know what time the CS restaurants start closing down for the party, or if they do at all? (We've only been to MVMCP and I know that there are very few open for that party) I'm hoping to get to the MK around 4 for dinner at CS restaurant, but since it's just me, DH, and my parents, 4 might turn to 5 or 6. Just wanted to make sure there would still be dining options. :)

Sorry to bring up the touchy peanut subject again, but the info is useful to those of us who have kiddos with food allergies. I was wondering if anyone has contacted special diets about the candy at the party?-- I'm not sure if there's anything they could do (and no, I don't expect everything to be safe for my son at all times), but it might be worth an email, just to see if you can ask for different candy from the CM's, etc. A lot of the candy in the picture looked safe (I will allow DS to eat the safe candy as long as all the candy was in a wrapper-- IMO, the chances of peanut residue being on the outside of a peanut candy wrapper and then transfering to the outside of a safe candy warapper and the transfering to the safe candy is pretty low, but you have to go with your own comfort level). What we do at home is separate out all the unsafe candy and leave it on the front doorstep at night. Then, "The Great Pumpkin" comes during the night, takes the unsafe candy and replaces it with a toy. DS loves waiting for the Great Pumpkin! --Katie

Sorry to bring up the touchy peanut subject again, but the info is useful to those of us who have kiddos with food allergies. I was wondering if anyone has contacted special diets about the candy at the party?-- I'm not sure if there's anything they could do (and no, I don't expect everything to be safe for my son at all times), but it might be worth an email, just to see if you can ask for different candy from the CM's, etc. A lot of the candy in the picture looked safe (I will allow DS to eat the safe candy as long as all the candy was in a wrapper-- IMO, the chances of peanut residue being on the outside of a peanut candy wrapper and then transfering to the outside of a safe candy warapper and the transfering to the safe candy is pretty low, but you have to go with your own comfort level). What we do at home is separate out all the unsafe candy and leave it on the front doorstep at night. Then, "The Great Pumpkin" comes during the night, takes the unsafe candy and replaces it with a toy. DS loves waiting for the Great Pumpkin! --Katie

Hiya Katie.

It was I that made the original post regarding the Peanut candy.

Theres no harm in emailing disney I dont suppose but IMO I dont think it will do any good.

I think they only way Disney would be able to totally safe guard themselves is by removing the candy in question altogether, and I guessed as you ve read some of the posts which followed my original one, you can never please everyone;)

On the night we attended I must say that approxinmately 50% of the candy was peanut based. To be safe were given the Trick or Treating a miss this year. I am sure that as you say the likelyhood of cross contamination is thin, but having nearly lost our DS through an anaphalaxic shock :sad1:, I aint ever going to take that chance again.

Please post back if you get any responce:flower3:

Does anyone know what time the CS restaurants start closing down for the party, or if they do at all? (We've only been to MVMCP and I know that there are very few open for that party) I'm hoping to get to the MK around 4 for dinner at CS restaurant, but since it's just me, DH, and my parents, 4 might turn to 5 or 6. Just wanted to make sure there would still be dining options. :)

Since the park is opened until 7-- I think its a safe bet that all those places will be opened until at least that time

I hope this hasn't been asked already, if so I'm sorry.
BUT- on the candy trail are there characters there to hand out the candy or are the CMs the ones doing it? I am a bit confused about the Hearts trail thing. This will be my first MNSSHP so I am trying to gather all the info I can. We are going the 15th-just mom and I-grown up children. We are even dresssing up! I'm so excited!

BUT- on the candy trail are there characters there to hand out the candy or are the CMs the ones doing it? I am a bit confused about the Hearts trail thing. This will be my first MNSSHP so I am trying to gather all the info I can. We are going the 15th-just mom and I-grown up children. We are even dresssing up! I'm so excited!

The trail has both CM dressed as cards handing out the candy and separately there will be Alice in Wonderland characters there to take photos with and sign autographs....not hand out candy.

This is why it gets kind of crowded and confusing. Sometimes you find yourself in the candy line when you thought it was for the White Rabbit or you think you are in the Walrus line and you realize you are really in a candy line.

Every few feet they'll be a character, then a candy stop, a character, then a candy stop. You can just walk by the things you are not interested in.

It is CMs giving out the candy (the characters technically aren't supposed to handle the candy).

So which night are you going??? I know it's going to be hot, but I still might drag along an evil queen costume and just put it on for the photo op!

My daughter had 2 Snow Whites for our December trip last year, but the gown will be too short. Darn, I'll just have to make a new one! :goodvibes

I might drag along the Snow White rags costume for her to wear on our second night, or I might do an adult version for myself......

snowwhiteflresize.jpg

snowwhiteragsflresize.jpg
Wow, the costume you made is nicer than the "real" Snow White! :thumbsup2

The rags costume is so unique! That's a great one. (And princess dress is gorgeous, btw, but I love unique!):thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they have special MNSSHP merchandise they bring out?

Or Halloween stuff?

We've never been during this time of year, so it's new to us. Very excitted.

The rags costume is so unique! That's a great one. (And princess dress is gorgeous, btw, but I love unique!):thumbsup2

Thanks! We strive for unique! On our last trip (Dec 09) we brough Snow White rags, Cinderella rags, Belle's pink winter gown, Ariel's land dress, and a handful of others..... I'm already plotting to do Belle's green library dress for our next trip, as well as Ariel's pink gown. But we're starting to run out of "unique!"

Or Halloween stuff?

Hi! You're gonna love it! We get down to the party every year, and every year I bring something back.... They sell clothing, pins, frames, serving pieces - like if you have a party, chip bowl, etc., decorative string lights...
Not as much stuff as I'd like but it is cool stuff. I get a frame every year and place our official MNSSHP photo in it, and every Halloween they come out for display.

We trick or treat - adults of every age trick or treat!
Every time we've went, the park is NOT crowded and we get on every ride in a matter of minutes. The Headless Horseman's ride is Awesome! The colored lighting, the music, the costumes worn by all, the costumes worn by the characters! THE VILLIANS!!!!!!! Cinderella's Coach along with Cinderella and Prince Phillip, Alice in Wonderland and the whole crew, characters you only see in photos come out!
Love it love it love it - I could have went anywhere for my 40th birthday trip last year and I chose MNSSHP, HHN and Food and Wine Festival - it's my favorite time of year down at Disney:goodvibes

Or Halloween stuff?

Yes they have new MNSSHP party shirts and picture frames every year. They also have special Halloween pins. And balloons. There's also Halloween merchandise available in a lot of the shops (and at the resort gift shops). Last year they had candle sets, black and orange Mickey head bracelets, and Halloween tote bags. I got one of each! I'm sure there was more stuff but I can't remember exactly what.

I love, love, love MNSSHP. Two non-weekend nights per year are a necessity for me! There's so much to do you can't possibly do it all in one night.

I'm just sad they stopped the character dining at Liberty Tree Tavern. And that WDW doesn't have Haunted Mansion Holiday. :)

Can't wait until the Boo to You Parade. Always seem to get good close ups of the Big Bad Wolf. Listen to the Event Music CD at least 3 times per week.
Still looking for a Frozone costume so I can do it right.
Trick or Treat, you know it!
Another Halloween specific pin (or 5) absolutely.
Hope to score some pics with the ghosts at HM. We'll see.

My kids love the dance parties, especially with characters you don't normally see out like Cinderella's step mother and step-sisters.....they liked that! We missed the Boo parade so I can't wait to see it this year!

My kids love the dance parties, especially with characters you don't normally see out like Cinderella's step mother and step-sisters.....they liked that! We missed the Boo parade so I can't wait to see it this year!

During the Christmas party, Lady Tremaine and the steps host their own dance party. We stayed for 45 minutes and the kids had a BLAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter