Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
While fruit would be nice, I suppose, remember what you thought of the houses that passed out raisins???? No thanks. Not for Halloween.

And with the peanuts. Do you expect them to pay another person at each TOT stop just to hand out peanut free stuff to your kids? I don't understand why you can't go thru the candy just like you would if you went trick or treating door to door. I have some allergies too. I don't expect others to change their lives to suit mine. I'm the minority. I have to take care of myself.

:sad2: Sorry for the rant. I really am. I just had to get it off my chest.

How about fun stuff? I still haven't read many costume ideas!:hippie:

I will guess your allergy won't kill you in less than a minute. Your post is very uncalled for.

Nobody expects WDW to employee extra people but knowing how good WDW is at their restaurants with allergies (and all allergies) you would think that they would have nut free treats. How difficult is it to have nut free candy, not very.

Glad you got it off your chest, maybe now you'll be thoughtful to others:headache:

I will guess your allergy won't kill you in less than a minute. Your post is very uncalled for.

Nobody expects WDW to employee extra people but knowing how good WDW is at their restaurants with allergies (and all allergies) you would think that they would have nut free treats. How difficult is it to have nut free candy, not very.

Glad you got it off your chest, maybe now you'll be thoughtful to others:headache:

All of these off-topic posts are uncalled for. Can we please get back to the party? This is (was) a very informational thread, and I'd hate to see it closed because neither side will concede. A solution was suggested for the trick-or-treating issue (bringing allergy-safe candy from home). Let's move on.

This will be our first time too! Do you think that friday, sept 4th - the very first one - will sell out quickly? I can't buy our tickets until June.

Thanks beattyfamily. That is the post I was referring too. If fairytale read her own posts and mine, I don't know why they would think I was referring to them. They are doing precisely what I suggested.

Mermaid&Cinderella - I won't deign to reply to you. Period. You know nothing about me or my allergies, do ya?:mad:

Moving on - sorry! (Again)

I think what we are looking for is getting eaten by another similar topic looking for costume ideas. Or we are just early planners, lol!

Tiki23 - That's a great idea. (Wish I had thought of it *head desk*). The Muses would be very unique, I bet!

surfergirl602 - I was planning on buying mine on Friday, but just won't have the money. I read on another post from a CM (I think) that it isn't necessary to buy them May 1, especially for earlier, non Halloween, non Friday ones, since those rarely sell out and not before June or July. But it being the first one, I don't know.

Question - and sorry if it's been asked; I haven't read the whole thread: Do you have to be in costume for the party? I'm not sure I want to do that, since I don't have one handy and don't want to have to buy anything.

Question - and sorry if it's been asked; I haven't read the whole thread: Do you have to be in costume for the party? I'm not sure I want to do that, since I don't have one handy and don't want to have to buy anything.

No you don't have to be in costume for the party.

We'll be there Sept 19 to October 2....and it's looking like I'm going to pick 9/25 as our date since, even though it's a Friday and an AP/DVC discount night, it's also day one of Epcot's International Food & Wine Festival....so I'm hoping that night more are interested in that event so the party is less crowded than it might be on 9/22 or 9/29 (both Tuesdays). I thought 10/1 might be an option, but my parents fly out the next morning early, so it's better to do the party earlier in our stay than their last night with us.

We're all definitely dressing up....not sure what we'll be yet, but DS is saying he wants to be a pirate - I'm sure that'll change between now and September, so I'll buy whatever costume stuff we need closer to the dates we're there!

What kind of costumes are allowed at MNSSHP? :confused: I assume they wouldn't allow you to do anything overly scary, or risque', or in bad taste. But in general what do they allow or for those of you that have been before, what have you seen?

My son was there last year while working for Disney college and one thing he told me was that no props were allowed, such as a plastic sword if you were a pirate, or a pitchfork if you were a devil.

Well my MIL is interested in going and dressing up. We'll prolly both be hippies, unless a more fantastic idea comes up between now and then so look for us!:hippie::hippie:

There are guidelines for what you can and can't wear. I know you can't wear a costume that covers your face. I also read you can't look "too" much like a Disney character. Something along the lines of you can't sign autographs, etc if you do. Someone with more experience will have to tell you about that. All I know I found from the internet, but I can't find it now to show you a link! Sleepy........

Well my MIL is interested in going and dressing up. We'll prolly both be hippies, unless a more fantastic idea comes up between now and then so look for us!:hippie::hippie:

There are guidelines for what you can and can't wear. I know you can't wear a costume that covers your face. I also read you can't look "too" much like a Disney character. Something along the lines of you can't sign autographs, etc if you do. Someone with more experience will have to tell you about that. All I know I found from the internet, but I can't find it now to show you a link! Sleepy........

yeah anyone know that answer to this?

There is plenty of other things to do during MNSSHP that you could just skip the trick or treat lines. My SIL went with her 4 kids last year. One had a peanut allergy and the youngest has Juvenile Diabetes. Neither could have the candy. They did go through a couple of lines just to experience it. When they got back to the room, my SIL gave them the bags of prepared goodies she had for each of them that they were allowed. None of the kids brought their candy back (because of the nuts) and gave it to a young child before leaving the park. At 6, I am sure your daughter knows about her condition and should not blame Disney. This will be one of many situations that she will be a little different in handling. Skipping candy lines because a huge bag of safe candy is back at the room will allow you to enjoy the park and parade and all the fun available.

A friend of mine went to MNSSHP last year, she said they have alternative healthy treat choices, like raisins, apple slices, carrot sticks..etc. I hope so, we are planning a trip, and with 6 kiddos, we don't need all that candy!
Does anyone know if this will be the case this year?? TIA!:goodvibes

A friend of mine went to MNSSHP last year, she said they have alternative healthy treat choices, like raisins, apple slices, carrot sticks..etc. I hope so, we are planning a trip, and with 6 kiddos, we don't need all that candy!
Does anyone know if this will be the case this year?? TIA!:goodvibes

Hiya Tnkbell.

We never saw any healthy treat alternatives and yes you do end up with masses upon masses of candy :scared1:

To be honest though, what with the peanut problem we had, which I wont revisit (see previous posts), we pity much gave up on the trick or treating and made the most of the walk on rides and if anything just enjoying the evening. I would say we visited the TOT lines in Adventure Land and Main Street and they all seemed to be offering the same treats out. Maybe other areas of the MK offered the healthy alternatives :confused3

Hiya Tnkbell.

We never saw any healthy treat alternatives and yes you do end up with masses upon masses of candy :scared1:

To be honest though, what with the peanut problem we had, which I wont revisit (see previous posts), we pity much gave up on the trick or treating and made the most of the walk on rides and if anything just enjoying the evening. I would say we visited the TOT lines in Adventure Land and Main Street and they all seemed to be offering the same treats out. Maybe other areas of the MK offered the healthy alternatives :confused3

We have been twice, and I never saw anything healthy in 2005 or 2007, I was hoping for some healthy stuff too, we don't mind a little candy, but goodness, just not so much, maybe my friend went to Disneyland? I'll have to check with her. Thanks for answering, another friend of mine has a son with a peanut allergy, it is sad how much disregard he gets, even at school. :sad2:
Sounds like you have the right idea, and we agree that the best part of MNSSHP is the short ride lines!! WAHOO!!! :woohoo: Have fun!!:wizard:

yeah anyone know that answer to this?

I went as Tinker Belle. Pixie dust & all. I had a little girl come ask for my autograph & one for her sleeping brother. It was the highlight of my trip. I got to "play" Tink for one night in the Magic Kingdom. A dream come true. I'm sure Disney just puts that out to protect themselves. They don't want kids going up to nonCM & talking to them. Thinking its safe, when its really a stranger. No one said anything to me about it & I "looked like Tink". If a CM said something about signing autographs you can always play stupid. They aren't gonna kick you out b/c of it.

You can dress up like your favorite Disney characters BUT you cannot let any guest 'think' you are the real character and sign autographs or take photos without letting them know you are NOT the 'real' character.

I promise you if Disney saw you doing that, they will kick you out.

People do it though...we were at Star Wars Weekends a few years ago and there was a guy dressed up as Obi Wan Kenobi and he looked good...was not a Disney guy though and he was taking pictures and signing as if he were...my husband and I were annoyed at that but who knows if Disney did anything about it

Heading to our first MNSSHP on 10/31 :cool1: and I have some questions -

Someone asked in a previous post about the line for Snow White & the Seven Dwarves and I don't think it was addressed. I'm curious too! Do all of the dwarves sign autographs or is it a photo w/Snow and the boys only? It seems like if they're all signing, it could take forever to get through the line. Can anyone clarify?

Also, I've looked at the map posted from last year and can't find out where Cinderella's coach is for the photo op?

Does the Ghost Hearse at the HM usually have the Photopass photographer that night as well?

TIA for any answers!

in my opinion if you want to do everything than you need to go twice. also remember that your ticket for the event gets you into the MK at 4pm. so between 4-7pm ride some rides and eat something. to meet all the villians after the villian show you probably need to see the show twice. they are only out for a limited time afterwards. we manage 3-4 villians a show to get out pictures taken with.

have fun
kate

Heading to our first MNSSHP on 10/31 :cool1: and I have some questions -

Someone asked in a previous post about the line for Snow White & the Seven Dwarves and I don't think it was addressed. I'm curious too! Do all of the dwarves sign autographs or is it a photo w/Snow and the boys only? It seems like if they're all signing, it could take forever to get through the line. Can anyone clarify?

Also, I've looked at the map posted from last year and can't find out where Cinderella's coach is for the photo op?

Does the Ghost Hearse at the HM usually have the Photopass photographer that night as well?

TIA for any answers!

1) It is picture-only for Snow White and the 7 Dwarves. And I would make sure to get there EARLY! The line gets closed really quickly, that's how long it gets.

2. Cinderella's Coach is across from Peter's Pan Flight.

I went as Tinker Belle. Pixie dust & all. I had a little girl come ask for my autograph & one for her sleeping brother. It was the highlight of my trip. I got to "play" Tink for one night in the Magic Kingdom. A dream come true. I'm sure Disney just puts that out to protect themselves. They don't want kids going up to nonCM & talking to them. Thinking its safe, when its really a stranger. No one said anything to me about it & I "looked like Tink". If a CM said something about signing autographs you can always play stupid. They aren't gonna kick you out b/c of it.

Actually, guests can (and have been) kicked out for signing autographs/taking pictures with guests. Disney does not want guests "pretending" to be their characters.

Do the characters come out at 7pm? I know you can get in from 4, but assumed they wouldnt be out until official party time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter