Mickey's not so Scary Halloween Party in the rain?

surgefest

DIS Veteran
I almost hate to ask this question, but who's been to Mnsshp and it rained???? What was the night like?? What got canceled what was still open?? Did everyone rush to a certain area or ride?? What advice would you give to someone else now that you've been through it?? Do they still have the trick or treat stations open?? any other comments... Thanks!

We went last year and it rained for the first hour or so, which was pretty long compared to the other rains we experienced. We still had a great time, we did the rides we could, we enjoyed the dance parties and of course got our candy.

The only thing was the parade was delayed and therefore the fireworks were also delayed a bit. No big deal though. Interestingly enough, as soon as the fireworks ended, it started to pour. We hung out while the masses ran for the exit. We felt like we owned the place for a bit.

Moral of the story, we still had a great night! Despite the rain.

We were there last year when it rained as well. It didn't rain hard enough for them to cancel the Headless Horseman, but it was a pretty steady rain until about 10 p.m. We still had fun :)

We have been there three times, and it rained EVERY TIME!! The first two were manageable, it rained for awhile, then it stopped and everything went on. We didn't get to see the highlight of the parade either time, but everything else was still a go. The last time, last September, it rained like I have never seen rain before...started right when the party started. Disney gave refunds or new tickets to the party it was so bad!!! You can still have fun in the rain though. Just be prepared for it and have a good time!

we were there last year 9/14 and it pored liked crazy as soon as we got there....Everything was delayed and few of the thing did not go on as planed. The parade and the fireworks were fantastic, but the rain sure put a damper on things. It really wasn't worth my money......

We were at MNSSHP in 05 and it rained. They canceled the first parade of the evening with the Rainy Day Cavalcade parade and then when it quit raining they had the Boo to You parade later that evening. It wasn't really that big a deal. Everyone pretty much stayed around for the party.

We were there for the first time last October and it rained all night. We still had a great time. We are going again October 21st and I hope it is a bit beter weather.

Not sure about MNSSHP, we went last year and it didnt rain. But we've been to MVMCP and it POURED the entire time. Everything was cancelled....no cookies/cocoa, no parade, no special events, no nothing. We went to guest relations and they told us to write a letter to Disney when we returned home. We did and they sent us two complimentary full day passes!

We have been the last two years, and it rained each time also. For advice, I would say to keep your costumes in mind, do you want them wet. We usually don't even dress up, it's either too hot or too wet! Also, a cheap plastic table cloth is great to have with you to sit down on wet streets or benches to watch parades or shows. Just plan for the rain to happen at some point and then you might be pleasantly surprised by a dry evening! Good luck!

Went in 2006 and it rained off and on for the first hour or so. The headless horseman made his ride and then the skies opened up pretty good. They still continued with the entire parade, which was awesome! Everything stayed open.

The rain stopped just in time to view the fireworks.

we were there last year 9/14 and it pored liked crazy as soon as we got there....Everything was delayed and few of the thing did not go on as planed. The parade and the fireworks were fantastic, but the rain sure put a damper on things. It really wasn't worth my money......

We were there that night!! It was a monsoon, with lightening like I have never seen:eek: Water was over our ankles...We hid out under the TTA track and made our way to Buzz line covering. They did finally get the parade in (no headless horseman) and the fireworks. We didn't get any candy or get to see any of the additional entertainment.

They did give us passes to return to the MK any time within the next year. We didn't think we would be able to use them(live in Ohio) but, lo and behold we planned a trip to the Darkside this year and made a one day trip to MK. Which made hubby happy since we had spent $200 on the party tix.

So, I guess it depends on just how much rain you get.

We were there for the first time last October and it rained all night. We still had a great time. We are going again October 21st and I hope it is a bit beter weather.

We are also going on this date - keeping our fingers crossed it turns out to be a nice night ;)

We too were there on 9/14 last year. It was truly awful. We were soaked, what candy we got was soaked and had to be thrown away. We were flying home the next day and it left me with a bad feeling about our vacation. I actually just threw my tennis shoes away rather than try to pack wet shoes for the flight home. No headless horseman and my kids fell asleep before the parade began. Since everyone was crowded under cover, it felt packed. I felt it was a complete waste of $150. I swore never again.

I have our tickets for the 9/9 party this year. :rotfl2: I am giving it one more try. Hoping for better weather.

We too were there on 9/14 last year. It was truly awful. We were soaked, what candy we got was soaked and had to be thrown away. We were flying home the next day and it left me with a bad feeling about our vacation. I actually just threw my tennis shoes away rather than try to pack wet shoes for the flight home. No headless horseman and my kids fell asleep before the parade began. Since everyone was crowded under cover, it felt packed. I felt it was a complete waste of $150. I swore never again.

I have our tickets for the 9/9 party this year. :rotfl2: I am giving it one more try. Hoping for better weather.
I was at WDW on that day last year. We didn't do the Party though, thank goodness. I heard from someone that they were offering a one-day admission back to the MK to people who attended the Party that night to make up for all the nasty weather. Did you get one?

We have been to it twice and both times it rained. The first time it rained quite a bit but stopped in time for them to do the parade w/the headless horsemen, last year it was absolutely horrible. It rained the entire time, we did receive a pass on the way out to come back for a free day at MK which had to be used within a year so we will be back on Sept. 5th. The first year wasn't bad we still got to do and see everything. We have decided not to try it again(at least for awhile) since we seem to have such bad luck with special events and rain.

The deal was you could bring your MNSSHP tickets and exchange them for one day tickets to any park within 1 year.

We live in Oklahoma and only get to visit once a year. So I could exchange my tickets for our upcoming trip, but it would save us $2 a piece since we still have to buy tickets for the other 7 days of our trip. You really only get a benefit from the deal if you live nearby or visit often. $6 total isn't good compensation for the waste of $150 spent on the party. Ultimately though, it isn't Disney's fault. They don't control the weather.

my neighbors did it last year also and it poured. they were very disappointed.

Yep, 9/14 was the worst day I have seen! We were able to reuse our tickets fortunately, as we planned a trip to Daytona, and popped over to the MK for a day! So it actually worked out well for us. But you can still have fun in the rain. As everyone has said, just be prepared. Plus, the crowd thins out when it rains...more candy for you!

We've never purchased tickets in advance for special events. We always purchase the day of or we don't go at all. That way, we have a better handle on the weather.

when we went last year it ended up raining on the date we did the MNSSHP. The first parade was canceled and the fireworks were delayed. The dance party areas were pretty full but not full enough that you couldn't dance. The character spots got pretty full while it was raining but cleared out once the rain slowed down. On our way out the CM's at the gate gave us passes for a free day the the Magic Kingdom to make up for all the rain. We had a year to use it. I thought it was pretty fair considering all the rain and lightening and thunder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter