Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Characters?!

How long do you need to go to all of the character meet & greets, trick or treat, see the parade & fireworks, and see the Villains show? We aren't doing any rides and will go to the 2nd parade.

How long do you need to go to all of the character meet & greets, trick or treat, see the parade & fireworks, and see the Villains show? We aren't doing any rides and will go to the 2nd parade.

i would imagine you'd need the full 5 hours of the party if you want to hit everything. we got there around 6:00 and rode some rides before the party "officially" started at 7:00. there were no lines for anything we rode. so if you want to ride a few attractions that night, getting there before 7:00 is a good idea. i would definitely plan on having dinner at a CS and not wasting precious party time eating. we had lunch that day at chefs de france, took an afternoon break, then headed to MK around 5:30 and ate at cosmic ray's around 8:00 and were there when the lilo and stitch dance party started - it was really cute. as far as the villians show, it takes place several times. we went to the 11:15 show and didn't have to wait long for any of the villians. :thumbsup2

Last year I needed 2 parties to do it all. I did most of it. Saw all greeting characters, fireworks, and 1/2 of the 2nd parade all in one night. needed 2nd party to see parade, have a good spot for fireworks, and got to see our favorite characters again. We didn't ride anything and we're also 2 people. We at before the party at LTT, and were waiting for lines to open at 7p.

You will need at least the whole party to do everything (and even then you may not be able to do all that).

I am going to MNSSHP the end of October, and sadly I am getting the feeling that the characters are the same old, same old once again. Not one new character again? For the 3rd year (or 4th?) in a row? The same old clone party? Great. :(

I remember in the good "old" days of MNSSHP (2003-2004ish) - I found characters like Goliath the Gargoyle, Big Bad Wolf, Sora, Thumper, The Snow White Witch (dressed as a witch), Darkwing Duck, Stromboli, Brer Rabbit, Rolie Polie Olie, and Zowie were out. You just never knew who might be there, it was so much fun! Nowadays, it seems to be the same party with the same characters over and over, year after year. Sigh. Well, my family is still going, but just wished for someone new!

hey eeyore how are you doing are you reading my recent characters report?? glad to know youre fine.

about the topic Iam going to the party on October 7 and I will bring the entire report because I will dedicate the night just for characters only.

hey eeyore how are you doing are you reading my recent characters report?? glad to know youre fine.

about the topic Iam going to the party on October 7 and I will bring the entire report because I will dedicate the night just for characters only.

Hey David! - Yeah, hangin' here in NJ! Sadly I haven't been to Disney since January - way too long! I been reading your reports, thanks! Keeps me up on things and know what I am missing! Fortunately we have a family trip next month (which we are not cancelling this time!), so I can finally get back into "character mode"! :teeth:

I was so hoping there would be some new or really rare character out, but sounds like the same old thing! Old well - we are still going and having a great time! :)

We were there last night and saw most of the characters mentioned. We stayed the entire night and were not able to get to all of them. The lines for the characters were very long, especially for Snow White and the 7 dwarfs. The line would close almost as soon as they got out. We saw Mr. Walrus, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, Mad Hatter, Alice, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit, Snow White and the 7 dwarfs, Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger and Minnie. We missed Mickey, didn't get to the dance party in Ariel's Grotto, didn't make it to Donald's boat. We saw Hook and Mr. Smee but had already met them so didn't need to wait. We saw Jessie in Frontierland. Aladdin and Jasmine and Rafiki and Timon in Adventureland. Loved the parade and all the characters you get to see there. We had our 4 and 6 y/o's in tow so were moving a little slower than some but I feel like we ran around that park like 3 times and still weren't able to catch them all. We didn't even see the villian show because we were in a very long line for Snow White, etc. at 11pm. Oh well. Overall it was a ton of fun!

We didn't even see the villian show because we were in a very long line for Snow White, etc. at 11pm. Oh well. Overall it was a ton of fun!

in case you're interested, i will be posting a video of this on my TR (the black and yellow one linked below). i was sure to get it on video because maleficent is one of my favorite characters. we haven't gotten quite that far yet but i'm sure it won't be long until we get to the MNSSHP part!

Hey David! - Yeah, hangin' here in NJ! Sadly I haven't been to Disney since January - way too long! I been reading your reports, thanks! Keeps me up on things and know what I am missing! Fortunately we have a family trip next month (which we are not cancelling this time!), so I can finally get back into "character mode"! :teeth:

I was so hoping there would be some new or really rare character out, but sounds like the same old thing! Old well - we are still going and having a great time! :)

Have a great trip!:goodvibes

Any Horace or Clarabelle sightings? I know they both used to be in the "Boo to You" Parade. I had seen on YouTube that for this year's parade, Clarabelle has been moved from the Silo float to just walking, and they put the Country Bears on the Silo float. Didn't see Horace at all. :(

Any Horace or Clarabelle sightings? I know they both used to be in the "Boo to You" Parade. I had seen on YouTube that for this year's parade, Clarabelle has been moved from the Silo float to just walking, and they put the Country Bears on the Silo float. Didn't see Horace at all. :(

They greet on Main Street in the mornings.

If they are out, it will be in Town Square in the mornings. They aren't always out, though.

Yes, thanks...I know that they are out and about on Main Street and are also in the Family Fun Day Parade! :)

Since this is a MNSSHP thread, I was referring to if Horace or Clarabelle had meet 'n greets specifically during MNSSHP, and if anyone had seen Horace in the "Boo to You" parade (since I didn't see him in this year's parade video that had been posted to YouTube).

Yes, thanks...I know that they are out and about on Main Street and are also in the Family Fun Day Parade! :)

Since this is a MNSSHP thread, I was referring to if Horace or Clarabelle had meet 'n greets specifically during MNSSHP, and if anyone had seen Horace in the "Boo to You" parade (since I didn't see him in this year's parade video that had been posted to YouTube).

I remember seeing the 2 of them in the parade last year, but they did not do a greeting.

No, they are not out during mnsshp.

Also, who knows how much longer they will be out during the day (since Family Fun Day Parade is ending Sept 27).

No, they are not out during mnsshp.

Also, who knows how much longer they will be out during the day (since Family Fun Day Parade is ending Sept 27).

That stinks about the Family Fun Day Parade, it's fun to participate in. Do you know why they are canceling it?

thanks

That stinks about the Family Fun Day Parade, it's fun to participate in. Do you know why they are canceling it?

thanks

The word is because the YOAMD is over (same reason for Woody's Cowboy Camp ending). It's sad, because it's a lot of fun. I'm happy that I was able to be in each section before it ended.

OK I am trying to put together my plan and after reading all 6 pages I wanted to put together the info to make it more easy on everyone. This is all put together from peoples posts so if something is wrong please let me know or just change on your post.

Snow White w/Seven Dwarfs - directly across from Tea Cups
Aladdin & Jasmine switching off with Genie & Abu - near Flying Carpets
Woody and Jessie - in Frontierland
Alice, Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee & Dum, Mr. Walrus and the White Rabbit - on trail from Toontown to Tomorrowland
Minnie (in costume) - in gazebo outside of her house in Toontown
Mickey (in costume) - oustide of his house in Toontown
Pluto, Donald Duck, Chip and Dale - the dance party in fantasyland
Timone switching off w/Rafiki - building on right as soon enter Adventureland
Jane w/Terk - building on right as soon enter Adventureland
Baloo - building on right as soon enter Adventureland
Capt Hook w/Smee - near POC in Adventureland
Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella - Belle's Storytime area near the castle
Pooh and gang - near the Playful Spot
Lilo and Stitch - Cosmic Ray's Starlite Cafe

Went to MNSSHP first and second nights. The first night Tarzan was the character who switched off with Jane. Also, when you walk through the train underpass on the right hand side when entering magic kingdom there is the building with Toni's pizza. Well before the building we met Mickey and Goofy in costume. Chip and Dale were switch off characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter