Mickey's Halloween Treat questions

Kelli@40!

Penguin Lovers are COOL in the desert!
I just bought my tickets for this event. I know its new, but does anyone have any idea what it is going to be like? I have a DH (not a GREAT disney fan),
DD 7 yo & DS 9 yo, and we are staying at DGC hotel (YEA!!) for 4 nights. (10/21 - 10/25). I have looked and looked to see if I will need to present my park tickets along with the MHT tickets? (I hate to show up without them and have to go back to get them) Also, are the adults REQUIRED to go in costume?
So excited about our trip :goodvibes

All you need is your Mickey's Halloween Treat ticket for that evening's event...of course if you go earlier in the day you would still need your regular park ticket.

NO ONE is required to go in costume, but since on a normal day only kids under 9 can go in costume, this is a chance for everyone else to dress up, if they want to. We saw lots of great costumes last year, but lots of people weren't in costume (even kids!), so you won't be out of place if you don't wear a costume.

The event last year was lots of fun - everyone got trick-or-treat bags and on the map there was a sticker page - there was a special Halloween sticker at each of the trick-or-treat stops (the lines for the stickers were longer than the lines for the candy!)

There were character meet-and-greet opportunities all over the park, and there was live entertainment (two DJs and one live band, as I recall) in various areas. There was spooky Halloween music playing around the park (Monster Mash and other things like that), and lots of Halloween decorations - they even projected a big pumpkin face on the loop of California Screamin'.
There were Halloween crafts and face-painting available for the kids. Almost all of the rides were running (the area where Grizzly River Rapids is was the only area closed), but it took us long enough to get to all the trick or treat stops that we didn't have much time for rides - they've added another hour to the party this year, though, so that should help.

Have a great time!

Laura

The party is 6:30-10:30 on October 26, 30, and 31, and 7:30-11:30 on October 13, 20, 22, 27, and 29.

Laura

I have our tickets for the 30th just a little concerned with the time change and my girls staying awake.

We are going on the 26th & I'm so excited! I'll have the kids dress up but I don't think dh or I will. We may wear a silly hat or some other accessory though. Can't wait!

ScooterL said:
The party is 6:30-10:30 on October 26, 30, and 31, and 7:30-11:30 on October 13, 20, 22, 27, and 29.

Laura
Thanks for all the great info. We are soooooooooo very excited.
:teacher: Mom
:cheer2: Katherine
pirate: Sam

Mickey's Halloween Treat seems like its aimed at kids. Would a couple of mid-late 20 year olds feel out of place, or run out of things to do quickly at this event?

We're a couple of 40-somethings (no kids) and we had a lot of fun last year...we dressed in costume and had fun going to all of the trick or treat stops and getting candy and stickers. The "Turtle Talk" show was a lot of fun, because Crush asked questions about Halloween, and why people were dressed up. It was fun just seeing all of the people in costume - including the characters. Just seeing the park decorations was neat, too! The lines for the attractions were pretty short - most things were practically walk-ons. We didn't see much of the live entertainment, but it looked like fun stuff. It was a very festive atmosphere and you could tell people (including the Cast Members) were enjoying themselves.

We're looking forward to this year!

By the way - you don't have to dress in costume - we saw lots of people who didn't.

Laura

I'm 36 and my wife is 46. We don't have children and we are both looking forward to Mickey's Halloween Treat! I'm dressing as Cindy and the wife is considering going as a Pirate. Should be fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter