Mickey's Fun Wheel--Swinging

You know what terrifies me FAR more than the ride? The fact that people DO puke on it. ROFL (I have emitophobia...working on that along with my germophobia LOL)

The first time I went on it, I was on one side and a college-aged couple was on the bench across from me in our car. The whole time he kept looking REALLY :sick: and his girlfriend kept telling him to focus on the horizon, etc. etc. and our car had run out of barf bags from the dispenser. I didn't feel sick myself, but I can't tell you how panicked I was that I would be the victim of second-hand spewing!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1: Luckily he held it together until we could get out of the car. Not sure what happened to him after that!

The first time I went on it, I was on one side and a college-aged couple was on the bench across from me in our car. The whole time he kept looking REALLY :sick: and his girlfriend kept telling him to focus on the horizon, etc. etc. and our car had run out of barf bags from the dispenser. I didn't feel sick myself, but I can't tell you how panicked I was that I would be the victim of second-hand spewing!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1: Luckily he held it together until we could get out of the car. Not sure what happened to him after that!

:sick::scared::scared: I can't tell you the noise I just made right when I read that :rotfl2: It was sorta like "SQUWEOUEHHHRHRRR" :sick:

I didn't know there were barf bags tho. That helps my phobia die down a little...but the fact that it ran out..well it raises it right back up there LOL

There are barf-bag dispensers built into the sides of the swinging carts and this ride has a nickname of "Mickey's Death Wheel". I think that's all I need to say ;)

LOL, It's called "The wheel of death" in my family... Put me on any roller coaster, TOT, anything but the wheel. I don't know what it is about that thing. I've been on it before when it had to be stopped so they could come clean a gondola :sick:

Ugh. Would they make a party of 3 ride with strangers?

Yes, we were party of 3 and we rode with a dad and his daughter.

That was my first ride of that day, and it made me ill all day. I felt horrible since the first swing. When we finally finished the first round, I really wanted to get out of it, but unfortunately it was programmed to get two rounds.

I will never ride the swinging one ever again!!

We refer to this ride as the "Puke Wheel." Several years ago, I spent the entire ride watching my sister almost get sick and shoving a plastic bag at her in case she did! From then on, it's been the stationary cars for us. I love the gentle ride and the view. I always call my sister from the top to let her know I'm on her favorite ride!!!!!

I hate heights, but I was fine with the non swinging car for the most part and it only took me a few moments to get over my nervousness.

Well, star tours makes me feel really ill, but the Ferris wheel was fine for me. My 7 year old hated it but the rest of my family loved it.

^That video is hilarious! "We're having fun, this is great...wait, no, omg why?!"

I, too, call it the Fun Wheel of Death. It's the only ride I won't go on, and I am an amusement park thrill seeker - the crazier, the better. Not with this. Sure, I didn't throw up, pee my pants, faint or die of fright the few times I mustered the courage to go on it, but there was screaming and general yelling at my friends for being [naughty words] and making me go.

However, I'm going to be contradictory. It's almost fun at times, because your car will pick up speed and it's almost like you're going to fly off the track and fall on the WOC fountains, but then you just end up swinging back and forth. This repeats, getting scarier the higher you go. I hate it, but I love it. The stationary side is too boring, and the line way too long for me to bother waiting in, so I don't. It's rare that you'll get me on MFWoD, but when I actually do, I have fun (with the obligatory screaming and just a hint of actual fear).

So what does this mean for you? Your family may find that they enjoyed it, once they're off and have reached solid, unmoving ground again, but actually being on it may not be a fun time.

Whatever you do, DON'T ride a swinging gondola in the rain. Sure, it's covered - until you swing and it dumps water all over you! I hadn't planned on that. This was the ride that made us jump ship on our touring plan and head for indoor attractions!

Oh, and neither of my girls got scared on it. :)

My 3 year old LOVED this ride, loved love love it. Laughed the whole time, it was so funny. DH and I on the other hand, not so much. I kept feeling like we were going to fall out of our seats and that rocking back and forth, ugh!! I would not like to have to ride with others, no way!! Many were getting off in the load portion before we actually even went our rotation after full loading. They couldn't handle it. I almost did, but thought I'd be brave. When we got off, I was telling the CM's get me off of this thing, laughing and they told me neither one of them had been on it. That wasn't too reassuring.... haha

Personally, I prefer the swinging over the non-swinging although they don't go as high at the non-swinging since you end up rolling towards the enter of the wheel when you're at the top.

I am a huge lover of thrill rides and love going on them over and over again. I have no fear of jumping out of an airplane or bungee jumping. If it will get my heart pumping then I want to do it.

That said, you will never see me set foot onto the swinging side of that Ferris Wheel EVER AGAIN :scared1:

We weren't paying attention to how violently the gondolas could swing the first we went with DS (then ~ 17 months). As soon as the thing moved forward, he had a terrified look on his face and then went into default survival mode -- fell asleep.
The wheel is the scariest ride ever.
We are debating where our second daredevil child will like it or not.

Didn't find it scary, but did find it sick-making.....that motion is not for everyone! (and I don't suffer from it on anything else...) Once was enough.

I just rode this for the first time this week (after watching every year). Terrified doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. Having said that, my two teenagers always have loved this ride, although me being on it with them made them a bit scared (and embarrassed!). My four-year-old loved it and laughed that hearty belly-laugh because I was such a freak. I tried it, I will never do it again. :scared1:

I like riding the stationary cars. But when I rode the swinging car......:guilty:

I BARFED

Anyone want a small white bag, used only one time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter