Mickey's BBQ question....concerning how to get there

JustUsGirls

Mouseketeer
Staying at GF...want to take the boat FROM MK to FW and be there EARLY enough to wait and get good seats....show starts at 6:30.......*question* is, what time shoudl we leave GF to get to MK to get to FW to get to area and wait on line for good seats, if the train travels at 60 mph...kidding.....no seriously, someone on this board must know. I think the boat takes 20 minutes? but how long to get to boat...is leaving GF at 4pm too late? too early? thanks! leaving tomorrow so excited the day has come!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Staying at GF...want to take the boat FROM MK to FW and be there EARLY enough to wait and get good seats....show starts at 6:30.......*question* is, what time shoudl we leave GF to get to MK to get to FW to get to area and wait on line for good seats, if the train travels at 60 mph...kidding.....no seriously, someone on this board must know. I think the boat takes 20 minutes? but how long to get to boat...is leaving GF at 4pm too late? too early? thanks! leaving tomorrow so excited the day has come!!!!!!!!:cool1:

Take the resort monorail to the MK. Then, the Green flag motor crusier (center dock) to the FWC - the FWC will be the 2nd stop.

Allow at least 45 minutes for the total trip as you may have to wait for either the monorail or the next boat.

Suggest leaving the GF NLT 5:15 p.m. to avoid panic attacks concerning arriving late.

ok ok ok ok, no need to get sassy.....OTHER part of my query was "in order to get to BBQ for good seats":eek:

If we take the monorail to the MK, how far of a walk is it to take the boat to FW? We haven't been to WDW in 8 LONG years and don't want to be late to the HDD

shw:disrocks:

If we take the monorail to the MK, how far of a walk is it to take the boat to FW? We haven't been to WDW in 8 LONG years and don't want to be late to the HDD

shw:disrocks:

After you get off the monorail, walk down the ramp to the World Cruise dock (boats to the WL and FWC) It will be the 2nd dock on your right - it's about 150' from the botom of the monoral walk ramp.

ok ok ok ok, no need to get sassy.....OTHER part of my query was "in order to get to BBQ for good seats":eek:

You should probably find out just how early they start seating/checking people in. But the above post was right as far as time 45min is about right. If you do get there WAY early there is plenty to do in the area. There is a playground for the kids, a petting farm with pony rides, you can walk through the stables where the draft horses form MK are kept. Or you can grab a drink at Crockets Tavern and watch the world go by from the front porch rockers.

Thanks for all the friendly and helpful advice! Can't wait to see the show..I remember it was great from 8 years ago

:goodvibes
:thumbsup2

Be prepared...it is very loud. It was so loud the night we went (2 weeks ago) that we left early. The people next to us with even younger kids ate and left. It wasn't enjoyable at all! Our ears were buzzing afterward.

I'll keep the noise level in mind...my son Alex is sensitive to noise! Thanks!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter