• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's BBQ, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, or Whispering Canyon Cafe

SumWhrOvrThRanBo

Mouseketeer
Hello all- I've been a long time lurker, however this is my first post on the boards.

My husband and I are taking our two boys (6 & 4) to Disney for their first visit- DH and I have not been to Disney since we were children-- so this is almost a first for us all.

I'm trying my hardest to plan our ADRs. I'm having trouble deciding between Mickey's BBQ, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, & Whispering Canyon Cafe. Any imput is greatly appricated! *thanks*

First of all :welcome: to the DIS! I think you will find the information here helpful in planning your trip.
Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a must for us every trip. We will actually be going again two weeks from tonight! The show is a blast, and I bet your boys will love it! The food is great too. I would recommend planning it early in your trip if possible, we always go to the show to kick off our trip!
Enjoy the planning process...and let me know if you have any more questions!

BYBBQ can be fun and your kids are just about the right age. My complaint, and we go during busy times, is that the dance floor was really crwoded when we went.

Your kids are also the right age for HDDR. In my opinion it is head and shoulders above the other.

Hoop Dee Doo for sure!!! We have done it several times and is favorite of both grown and small children.

Hoop Dee Do!!!! We haven't done BBQ but a friend did and said it wasn't worth 2 TS credits on DDP. We've gone to WCC 3 times with mixed results.

Hoop Dee Doo is a love it or hate it thing. We thought it was really fun but it's not a must do for us every trip.

Never done the BBQ.

Whispering Canyon ... yum ... and it's fun.

I'm not much help am I?

WDWO

My kids (12,9,9,2...and now 5m) loo:lovestrucoove HDDR! The jokes are corny, and the food is very kid friendly.

Skip Mickey's BBQ. It was a horrible waste of money when we went and we left early very dissappointed in it. The music was horrible and character interaction horrible. The only thing about it we liked was the free ice cream bars! I haven't done the other two so can't vouch for them.....

I'm one of the people who absolutely HATES HDDR.
So I'd have to say do the BBQ...LOL!
I've actually never done the bbq and it sounds like most people who responded don't like it, but I've heard alot of good things about it. I wanted to try it in June but couldn't get a res.

Definitely Hoop-Dee-Doo!

I find Whispering Canyon to be hit and miss. We've had servers who just weren't into it and that really lessens the fun.

Skip Mickey's BBQ. It was a horrible waste of money when we went and we left early very dissappointed in it. The music was horrible and character interaction horrible. The only thing about it we liked was the free ice cream bars! .....

Completely agree!!! ::yes::

My boys LOVE the HDDR, but for a first visit, I recommend WCC.

HDDR is a hassle to get to. You will waste a lot of time traveling to and from Ft WL. The best way to get there is by boat from the MK and that boat dock gets crowded.:eek: We've waited over an hour to get on a boat after a show. :sad2:

If you're planning an 8 to 10 day visit, then I'd say do HDDR. Otherwise, I'd go with the WCC.

I think the WCC would be a lot of fun and would be more convenient. It's also only 1 TS credit on the DDP where the others are 2 TS credits.

Hoop Dee Doo Revue is a must for us every trip. We will actually be going again two weeks from tonight! The show is a blast, and I bet your boys will love it! The food is great too. I would recommend planning it early in your trip if possible, we always go to the show to kick off our trip!

I agree. We actually would do this dinner show twice on our trips. We would do it on the first night and then the last night to bookend our trip so to speak.

First Choice Hands Down is HDDR.

Second Choice Whispering Canyon (but you cannot expect anything more than dinner, there is no assurance that your server will be one of the super fun ones)

Third Choice BBQ--We hated this. We took our kids when they were little and we pretty much ate and left. It is highly over priced for what you get. My kids are not the type to get up and dance with a bunch of people they don't know. I guess if yours are, then you may like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter