Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo?

Anyone? I was wondering if there are characters at the Hoopy Dee show. Which one do you like better? Any experiences would be helpful. Thank you. I was leaning towards the BBQ because it has the characters, but the food looks better at the Hoopdy show. thanks:)

We went to the hoop-dee-doo recently, and loved it!! We were just there in Sept., and that was our first time. The food was so good-especially the ribs. They also served fried chicken, cornbread, yummy mashed potatoes, beans, strawberry shortcake, and salad. We have 4 kids ranging from 2 yrs to 11yrs, and all loved the food as well as the entertainment! It was a very fun show. No, no characters, but there is plenty of opportunity for that in the parks. The actors were excellent! They had all my kids laughing, hard! I would definately go back. I would compare the type of show to the Golden Horseshoe at Disneyland. We have never tried the BBQ, but would definately recommend HDDR.

Have never been to the bbq but the Hoop is a favorite of ours. Our group runs in age from 2 to 80 and we all had a ball!

They are both fabulous!!!! :cheer2:

They will let you make reservations 6 months in advance and I strongly recommend doing that. I like the hoop de doo better personally. I also prefer Category 3 seating which is up in the balcony. If you like it a little quieter without people walking around you all the time ask for it. Plus, it is a little cheaper. All your guests sit on one side of the table, so you won't be able to sit across from each other and chat. You can turn around and lean on the railing when they are performing and look down on them. The performers also come up into the balcony and that is fun. No Disney characters, but a darn knee slappin' good time!

I've been to Hoop de Doo several times in the past two years. It's a great show. Some of the cast members are real characters, but there are no Disney characters there. I've never been to Mickey's Backyard BBQ, so I can't offer a comparison.

I've been to both. On our upcoming trip we're doing Hoop De Doo for the 4th time. I don't think I'll ever do the BBQ again.

It just wasn't for me. It was very loud, you eat cafeteria-style, on long tables, outside but under a tent (think humidity), with a dissapointing buffet. The entertainment is good, and at the end there is dancing with the characters, but it's crowded and some of the kids (even adults) get pushy. I was afraid to let my kids near the characters on the dance floor.

The high-point for my four kids was the dessert. They have a open-top freezer with Mickey bars, Minnie bars (strawberry fruit bars) and ItsaKadoozies.

Overall, pretty dissapointing.

The HHR on the other hand, is great family fun and really an enjoyable night.

Susan

I have been to both but the Hoop de Doo is by far the best in my estimation. You will enjoy the food and the show, it is definately not to be missed. Whatever you decide. Have a great time:thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! I booked today for a show in April. They're already sold out of the category 1 and 2, so we'll be on the balcony. I think that should be good. We'll still get the show but not be so much in the middle of it all. It must be VERY popular. We did the Luau and I don't remember it being that full six months out. This wasn't something that I ever thought I would be doing, but it looks different and the food looks great! I think my DS4 will like it. Thanks again:)

Dont let category 3 discourage you in any way. The balcony offers a great view looking down on the whole show. The seats are swivel seats so its easy to see everything. Many people prefer the category three seats and the pioneer hall players go up to the balcony to have interaction with the people sitting up there. You will have a great time. Enjoy:thumbsup2 :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter