Mickey wake up calls gone.....cutbacks??

ohiominnie

<font color=teal>It's interesting when you google
Was Mickey fired? He did not do wake up calls this last time we were at Disney (2 weeks ago)

It's a running joke in our family to see how many rings it takes to wake our kids up. Our first morning....one ring and they pop out of bed to get the wake up call from Mickey. Day two...two rings. Day three...three rings. By day 5 WE answer the phone and hold it by their unconscious ear! :)

Well, this last time (May 5-17) we got a wake up call nearly every day. The first day we asked our daughter "what did Mickey say this time?" She replied "I must have waited too long to answer....it was just music." Day after day it was the same thing...."only music" until finally we set a wake up call in the middle of the afternoon when we knew we'd be in the room. Sure enough....no chipper voice saying "OH BOY! It's time to get up. Up and at-um. Lots of stuff to do today!!!" Just music.

WHAT HAPPENED? WE WANT MICKEY!!!!

Did you wait a little bit? Sometimes Mickey doesn't come on right away....I hope it was just a temporary glitch.

Tiffany.....what tape??? It's MICKEY calling! ;)

Pam...we did wait about a minute or so. Just Disney music. All the other times we have been there it's been Mickey right when you answer the phone. I too hope it's temporary....it was part of the Magic. My kids are still amazed at how much Mickey can get done in a day....between character meals, parades, Fantasmic, wake up calls....and this last time Mickey sent the kids a post card which showed up when we returned home...He thanked them for coming and said he couldn't wait to see them this December.

Mickey is awesome!

We were at the Animal Kingdom Lodge May 1st thru the 5th and we got a Mickey wake up call every morning that we were there. I am sorry that you didn't.:(

i just returned from 2 weeks in wdw, may 4 - 18th, we had many wake up calls, mostly in the middle of the day, they were all from Mickey!!!!!!!!

maybe in the morning, mickey is too busy with too many calls, that he cant call everyone!!!!!!!! :)

Laura :)

We just returned 3 days ago from a 9 day stay at the WL. We had wake up calls every day. Most of the time it was Mickey. If you try to make it an odd time such as 7:03 instead of 7:00 then your chances are better at getting Mickey.

Just returned 3 days ago and stayed at POR for 7 days and Mickey woke us up every morning! Even once in the middle of the day (my daughter just wanted to hear his voice again!:D ) So sorry that Mickey didn't wake you up, where were you staying?

We got a wake-up call from Mickey every morning...there was music first and then Mickey came on the line. I just held it in the air so everyone in the room could hear it. (a couple slept through it every day;) )
I'm sorry you missed it.

Lisa:)

We had this happen TWO different trips to POR. No matter what we did, we could not get Mickey! We finally got to hear him at WL in Dec.:) Must be problems with Mickey at some resorts, some of the time. He's a busy mouse!:p

I have wondered what happened to Mickey waking us up myself!

We were at the WL from May 8-14 and every wake up call was music! I really missed hearing Mickey!

I stayed on the line for a while one time and still no Mickey! :(

We were at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. No Mickey. Not in 12 days. :( Next time we'll try the odd number thing. :)

Thanks...

We were at the AKL May 15-19, and Mickey woke us up every morning. We usually had wakeup calls at 10 past the hour if that helps. :)

I have heard (and have done it myself) that you need to actually speak into the phone sometimes in order for Mickey to know you've picked up.

Thanks everyone. I will keep all of these suggestions in mind for the next trip. As much as I like parade music or music from their movies, nothing beats having Mickey wake you up.....even if *I* never personally hear it, but only have it relayed to me through my daughter or son! :)

Oh, no! I hope Mickey will be doing wake up calls next week!! Our 3 year old DS is really looking forward to talking to Mickey on the phone!!

I hope they are still doing these on our trip in October. I like to answer the phone to get these wake up call just as much as my daughter!!

I hope it works when we go to PO-R Next week. My four year old DD can't wait for Mickey to call and say "Wake up boys and girls, its going to be a great day. Remember to bring your wallets!!" :tongue:

We just got back from All Star Sports and Mickey was waking us up bright and early every day :) We usually had wake-up calls between 7:00-7:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter