Mickey Tie-Dye Activity (Pop Century)

MommytoaPrince

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done this activity? If you have, can you give me info as to what all it entails and how much it was! It is listed in the monthly activities guide for POP but it does not give any specific info as to what it actually is. Thanks!

Has anyone ever done this activity? If you have, can you give me info as to what all it entails and how much it was! It is listed in the monthly activities guide for POP but it does not give any specific info as to what it actually is. Thanks!

I was just wondering the same thing! I'm going to look into it next week when we are there. Want to take the class so I can teach my girls when I get back!

My DS did it at CBR. You have to pay (I think it was around $15). They provide a white t-shirt and they show you how to do the mickey tie-dye rubber bands. Then there are lots of colors of dye in squirt bottles. They have staff to assist with this also. My DS shirt turned out nice.

Thanks for this info. I think my boys will enjoy doing this on our resort day.

My DS did it at CBR. You have to pay (I think it was around $15). They provide a white t-shirt and they show you how to do the mickey tie-dye rubber bands. Then there are lots of colors of dye in squirt bottles. They have staff to assist with this also. My DS shirt turned out nice.

Thanks for this info. I think my boys will enjoy doing this on our resort day.

Make sure they understand that they won't be able to use the shirt until you get home. They wrap up the wet/dyed shirt into a bag with instructions on how long to leave the dye in and how to wash it once you return home. I suppose you could do that at the resort, but we just left it in the bag and took care of it when we got home.

They did it at POR this last weekend and it was $18.11/person. All I remember...I was too busy soaking up the sun and suds!

Google pop cendd recreation calendar.
Where did you find this information? We are also staying at Pop and would love to do this.

It will be listed in your resort recreation calendar. Google pop century recreation calendar and you should be able to find it.

We did this at SSR last June. Just FYI, our shirts shrank! My daughter never got to wear hers and my son wears mine. My kids loved making these! We will do it again this June if it is offered. But we will size up in the shirts!

Thanks for this info! This is good to know.

I believe there is a thread on here with instructions on how to do these at home. My DD did this at Beach Club and had a blast, came out great. We also has issue of shirt shrinking at home.

Looks like they have this on Sunday and Tuesday at Port Orleans Riverside. Our kids love making and wearing tie die shirts, so I think we may give this a whirl!

Dan

We did these at ASMo last month. It was poolside and they had the shirts rubber banded up already and the kids just sprayed the color on. It was a 1/2 hr activity and cost $17 each. Maybe we got a bad batch, but the Mickey didn't turn out well, the circles were not connected and it didn't look like Mickey's head at all.

The activity was offered at all of the All-Stars several times each week.

I also saw it on the POP recreation calendar for every Friday and it was a one hour activity (maybe because they teach you how to do the rubber bands, as a PP pointed out).

We did this June 2019 and you could tie dye a shirt or pillow case. Each was $16 + tax. It was located behind Classic Hall on the left side before you enter the pool area. It was at 2:30pm and there was no alternative location during bad weather, just cancelled.

We did this June 2019 and you could tie dye a shirt or pillow case. Each was $16 + tax. It was located behind Classic Hall on the left side before you enter the pool area. It was at 2:30pm and there was no alternative location during bad weather, just cancelled.
I know this is a zombie thread but good to have an update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter