Mickey Surprise

FlaGrl38

Earning My Ears
Last night was our first official night here (at the All Star Sports Resort). we were woken up by knocking at our door....at 1am :/ I opened the door and there stood 2 cast members with balloons and 2 autograph books with Mickey pens for the boys....and I have no idea who sent them!! I've never had this happen before, it was awesome and the kids just woke up and are so excited that "Mickey visited us last night!!!" :) :)

While I think the gesture was awesome, I have to say I would be extremely unhappy that anyone would knock on my door at 1:00 am. Who does that? It couldn't wait until morning?

While I think the gesture was awesome, I have to say I would be extremely unhappy that anyone would knock on my door at 1:00 am. Who does that? It couldn't wait until morning?

My thoughts too at the time. I just don't know where it came from? Do they do that often for families of little kids? Maybe because its their first visit??

I am glad it worked out for you, but that whole scene sounds really suspicious. Unless I had specifically ordered room service or was waiting for lost luggage (i.e., situations where staff would assume I want a delivery right now regardless of time), I would be reluctant to open the door at that hour for anyone I did not know. Maybe they were practicing to see who they could convince to open their door?

Sounds fun but since it happened at 1 am, please check with the front desk to make sure these people were truly CMs. Name tags that look official are available for purchase.

This sounds strange and I can't imagine a manager letting CMs do this at 1am. It makes me think of how on Dog the Bounty Hunter they would send someone posing as a flower delivery person to a door in order to catch someone.
Had you just checked in?

Name tags that look official are available for purchase.

They haven't been available for some time, probably for just this reason. Doesn't mean someone couldn't have been using one they've had for a while, of course.

There HAS to be more to this story!:)

CMs do not routinely knock on doors at 1:00AM bearing gifts-maybe someone had "ordered" these gifts and had just checked-in and the CMS got the room wrong?Very interesting.:)

I have to wonder if they got the right room. Perhaps they mistook your room for someone else's? Someone that had already okayed the delivery and is still waiting???!!

Granted we requested a bed rail at 9:30 at night but they came to our room with it at 2:00AM! Knocking on the door! I'm guessing they assumed it was ok but it was 4.5 hours later and the middle of the night.

However bearing gifts at 1am sounds strange. If Disney really does want to surprise you with such fun stuff then why not do it in the morning or at check in?

We were recipients of a Mickey Surprise in December for our daughter's birthday...actually two!

The first was laid out in our room prior to 5 pm and was 2 stuffed animals, balloons, coloring books and crayons with 2 signed cards. The second was the next day and was a small chocolate heart shaped box given by the GF staff. It was being delivered at 5 pm as we were about to head out.

Because both were addressed to my daughter by name, we knew it was for us but I have to agree with others that a delivery at 1 am does sound odd...

well, at first I just ignored the knocking, but then they kept doing it so I thought something might be wrong. I know they said something when they knocked, but as I was half asleep, I can't for the life of me remember what they were saying. :confused3

We checked in around 9pm so the fact that something was delivered at 1am struck me as very odd too. I didn't order anything and since then, I have posted about this on facebook and no one has come forward stating that they had anything to do with it.

I should mention that I did call down to the front desk this morning and everyone down there seemed as confused as I was. I asked if I should return the items and they said no, to go ahead and keep them since they had no record of who was actually supposed to get them. It is all very odd, but on the bright, not so weird side, we have gotten a TON of use out of the pen already today!!! I will wait until we get home to post a full Trip Report, but we have met Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, Stitch, Goofy, Donald, Chip, and Dale. :) It has been a super busy day and now we are back at the hotel "resting".

yeah- that is just ODD and fishy as hell - i would be really nervous.... I don't answer the door ever - unless expecting something- and at 1am? no way! that is all just so odd.

Odd stuff. ESP off they don't have a clue at the front desk-I mean someone would have known who went ?

I should mention that I did call down to the front desk this morning and everyone down there seemed as confused as I was. I asked if I should return the items and they said no, to go ahead and keep them since they had no record of who was actually supposed to get them.

Did you only call or did you actually stop at the front desk to ask? When you call from your room, you are actually talking to someone in a call center NOT a CM working in your resort. The CM you talked to may not even be in Florida.

I would go right to the front desk and see if they know anything about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter