Mickey Sticky

Jjs7one

Earning My Ears
When I was growing up we used to always eat breakfast at the contemporary. At the time there was a TS restaurant next to Chef Mickey (now it's more of a food court). We used to always get a Mickey Sticky. Taking my Family for the first time. Does anyone know if there are other restaurants that have these?

I have stayed at The CR a number of times in recent years and have never heard of a "Mickey Sticky." That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but perhaps they changed the name? Can you describe what it was, exactly?

We used to love "Mickey Sticky" bread. The restaurant you are thinking of is the Concourse Steakhouse. That used to be one of our favorite restaurants. Sadly, it has been gone for awhile. I have not run across any other restaurants who serve "mickey sticky". Haven't thought of that place in years!

I have a recipe for the Mickey Sticky buns at home somewhere. I'm pretty sure I found it here on the DIS.

I have stayed at The CR a number of times in recent years and have never heard of a "Mickey Sticky." That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but perhaps they changed the name? Can you describe what it was, exactly?

They were around when I was 6 - 10 years old. So maybe 20-25 years ago. I found an image online.

Wilma. would love the recipie if you have it

Thanks

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 41
The Wave TS restaurant @ the Contemporary had Sticky Mickeys. Not sure if they still offer them? Maybe not the same great cinnamon swirl buns baked in thick caramel, but a cheaper impostor.
Sorry, they did sound delicious to have with a morning coffee.

Here you go, the recipe for Sticky Mickey's for those who would like it:

Sticky Mickeys

Yield: 1 1/2 dozen

1 cup water (warm)
4 teaspoon yeast
4 eggs
1 stick butter
5 cups bread flour
3/4 cup cake flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk powder
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup cinnamon sugar
Sugar Icing (see note)
Caramel sauce for serving (see note)

1. Heat oven to 380 F. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Let bloom for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except last butter and cinnamon sugar, and mix at low speed with electric mixer until smooth and elastic, about 10-12 minutes.

2. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk. Punch dough down, and cut into 56 (1-ounce) pieces using a scale. Roll dough into small balls.

3. Take three balls, hold together, dunk in melted butter, and press into cinnamon sugar. Place in large muffin pan, sugar side down. Let proof in warm area, until dough is doubled in size again. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Take out of muffin pan while still warm. Cool, and cover with icing.

4. To serve, place a Sticky Mickey on a plate. Slit down into the Mickey. Pour caramel sauce into slit.

How to make sugar icing: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tablespoons water until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth and runs in a ribbon when poured from a spoon.

How to make caramel sauce: Melt 1/2 stick butter in pan on medium heat. Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar; mix well. Add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and continuously stir for 5 minutes. Stir with a whip and slowly add 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Once cream is added, continue to cook for 5 minutes. Keep warm.

Here you go, the recipe for Sticky Mickey's for those who would like it:

Sticky Mickeys

Yield: 1 1/2 dozen

1 cup water (warm)
4 teaspoon yeast
4 eggs
1 stick butter
5 cups bread flour
3/4 cup cake flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk powder
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup cinnamon sugar
Sugar Icing (see note)
Caramel sauce for serving (see note)

1. Heat oven to 380 F. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. Let bloom for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except last butter and cinnamon sugar, and mix at low speed with electric mixer until smooth and elastic, about 10-12 minutes.

2. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk. Punch dough down, and cut into 56 (1-ounce) pieces using a scale. Roll dough into small balls.

3. Take three balls, hold together, dunk in melted butter, and press into cinnamon sugar. Place in large muffin pan, sugar side down. Let proof in warm area, until dough is doubled in size again. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Take out of muffin pan while still warm. Cool, and cover with icing.

4. To serve, place a Sticky Mickey on a plate. Slit down into the Mickey. Pour caramel sauce into slit.

How to make sugar icing: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 to 2 tablespoons water until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth and runs in a ribbon when poured from a spoon.

How to make caramel sauce: Melt 1/2 stick butter in pan on medium heat. Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar; mix well. Add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and continuously stir for 5 minutes. Stir with a whip and slowly add 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Once cream is added, continue to cook for 5 minutes. Keep warm.

Thank You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter