Mickey Slide

Nope...they have a little "splash down" area at the end of the slide and it doesn't attach to anything else.

No you do not go into the pool, you actually shoot right off of the end of the ship....don't worry though the ship has great brakes....hahahaha

You actually go down the slide and do not go into the pool...the slide has a small long pool of water, only a few inches deep that slows you down.

Originally posted by fireguy5620
No you do not go into the pool, you actually shoot right off of the end of the ship....don't worry though the ship has great brakes....hahahaha

hahahahaha .... now that would be a ride!!!!! :hyper: :earseek: :scratchin pirate: :fish:

There is a lot of "splash" at the end. My DD4 loved the slide but didn't like the water in her face at the end.

Denae

Thanks Guys! My 5 year old son was scared that it would go directly into the water and he would go under........ Knowing that it does not go into the pool makes him really excited to try the slide......... Jeneen

My dd-almost 6 at the time,didn't like the splashing water in her face at the bottom of the Mickey slide. She put on goggles and : problem solved! She loved it after she fixed her problem herself! We bought a DARLING photo of her at the bottom of the slide. Just smiles and goggles!

I think I heard/read somewhere that there is an age requirement for the slide. Is this true? Are there any other requirements (height, weight)? My DD is a pretty tall 3 yr old (3 1/2 when we cruise in Sept). All she talks about is the Mickey Slide since she saw the Travel Channel DCL special & the DCL DVD. If she won't be able to try it I guess I have to find a way to break it to her.:(

I'm pretty sure it's a height thing where if you are taller than X you can't go. On our 2002 cruise I had a 3 year old and he went numerous times. On our 5-1 cruise he only went twice because the line to get on the slide was so long and he got too cold standing out waiting for his turn....one of the many downsides to 1000 kids on board.

She should be able to go no problem at all.

Heidi

Its a very tall slide - two stories to the top, and you can't go down with them. The height scared my four year old and she didn't go on for the first couple of days. Once she went, she went over and over and over and......

Since talk about height is going on I was wondering if I will be small enough to go down the slide. I am such a big kid. I love the Mickey slide. I am going to bew 13 when I cruise. I am short for my age. Does anyone know if I will be able to go down. Any info would be great. Thank you. :earboy2:

I just got back from the Wonder yesterday and the age limits for the Mickey Slide was age 4 thru 14. My 3 yr old DGD was quite disappointed that she was not permitted to slide and so was I. I am only a little over 14 but the CM said "no way lady!!!":rolleyes:

I understand your photo is posted at ALL Disney properties and ships now Emma's Grammy. Anytime you try to get near a water slide they are authorized to use as much force as necessary to prevent you from doing your "Streaking" act. ;)
Nothing to do with your age

Cheers,
Grumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter