Mickey Says:"Don't Be Late Pal!"

Anyone know if the Mickey FP will be in conjunction with the FP system we already use?

Oh, I hope not! That would be so bad to have to choose between a ride and a character meet. I can see it now...'Sorry Johnny....we won't be able to ride Space Mountain today. We slept late and you wanted to see Mickey so we have to do that instead' :scared1:

Oh, I hope not! That would be so bad to have to choose between a ride and a character meet. I can see it now...'Sorry Johnny....we won't be able to ride Space Mountain today. We slept late and you wanted to see Mickey so we have to do that instead' :scared1:

See I'm the opposite, I hope it does work on the same system. It will free up other FPs in the park.
I don't see why you would have to choose one or the other either. It seems a bit of an extreme example. Most people do more then one thing and use more then on FP in a the MK.

Let's they get relax with the time - so everyone who got fastpasses for the time during the 3:00 parade are now all going @ 4:00 - how would that be fair for the 4:00 people??:confused3

Let's they get relax with the time - so everyone who got fastpasses for the time during the 3:00 parade are now all going @ 4:00 - how would that be fair for the 4:00 people??:confused3

Considering this doesn't really cause any problems with anything else right now, why would it be different in this case?

You could make the same argument for a shorter span of time: If the beginning of the window for your FP is 3:00pm, but you show up at 3:10pm, how is it fair to those people who have FPs for 3:10pm? It really is the same in the end. If the return window was 10 minutes or 10 hours it really doesn't change how quickly people get through the attraction. The load rate is the same.

Often when a new ride or attraction opens they will go through a period of NOT accepting late fastpasses due to the increased popularity and attention. This was the case when TSM first opened. They made sure to let cast members know that they would not be accepting late passes for a little while in case people asked.

Anyone know if the Mickey FP will be in conjunction with the FP system we already use?
The information from the Disney Blog doesn't address that question,but my "GUESS" is that they won't be /linked".

Only time will tell.:)

Since Disney Blog only mentioned Mickey Mouse and Disney Princesses,do you think Minnie will not be joining Mickey at Town Square Theater until after Disney Princesses move to their new home in Fantasyland?

"Just beyond the lobby, guests will pass through an ornate arch and enter a queue to meet either Magician Mickey Mouse or the Disney princesses."

This is just speculation, but I personally believe it will be only Mickey and that guests will have a more intimate encounter (like when meeting Prince Caspian in HS). Because of all the hush-hush going on about details of "Magician" Mickey and the fact that "families will be able to go backstage to meet Magician Mickey Mouse, who is excited to meet and greet guests in his rehearsal room..", I think they are debuting the Talking Mickey that was tested in Disneyland.

I think that's why they will be strict about enforcing fastpass times and why they are creating fastpasses for this meet-n-greet in the first place. They know once word gets out, the interest in this attraction will be unprecedented.

The "backstage..rehearsal room" description is very reminiscient of the Talking Mickey video on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdt5cpzC1HA&NR=1. Why else would they design an entire meet-and-greet around "magic." What could be more magical than Mickey talking personally to your family??

Hrrm...I guess I hadn't thought about where Minnie will be. We still want to see her too. :confused:
The whole backstage themeing doesn't surprise me...that's what it looks like when you meet him at Disneyland (and there is no Minnie there either).

This is just speculation, but I personally believe it will be only Mickey and that guests will have a more intimate encounter (like when meeting Prince Caspian in HS). Because of all the hush-hush going on about details of "Magician" Mickey and the fact that "families will be able to go backstage to meet Magician Mickey Mouse, who is excited to meet and greet guests in his rehearsal room..", I think they are debuting the Talking Mickey that was tested in Disneyland.

I think that's why they will be strict about enforcing fastpass times and why they are creating fastpasses for this meet-n-greet in the first place. They know once word gets out, the interest in this attraction will be unprecedented.

The "backstage..rehearsal room" description is very reminiscient of the Talking Mickey video on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdt5cpzC1HA&NR=1. Why else would they design an entire meet-and-greet around "magic." What could be more magical than Mickey talking personally to your family??

I think your speculation "could" DEFINITELY be what is going to happen.:)

You make some excellent points that "could" point ot the debut of "Talking Mickey".

The whole way Disney is treating the debut of TST does seem to indicate something "special".

I bet Minnie is MAD-Mickey gets a nice,new home and she is stuck outside in the elements!:)

The information from the Disney Blog doesn't address that question,but my "GUESS" is that they won't be /linked".

Only time will tell.:)

The fact that they aren't saying is what makes me think it will be linked. If it works with the same system, I suppose there would be no need to "say" anything, kwim?

Just some interesting notes:

Disneyland has offered multiple FP's over the years that are/were "disconnected" from the rest of the FP system.

(Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Grizzly River Run, Haunted Mansion Holiday...)

AFAIK, they don't announce those as being any different from the regular "connected" FP's.

The only disconnected FP that WDW offered was for Lights, Motors, ACTION
(now, not used) and they never announced that it was any different from the regular "connected" FP's.

Hard to say what will happen with Mickey.

I was thinking the same thing. Personally, it would have to be an interactive Mickey to make me even consider stopping here. I am a big fan of character meals because I feel like I'm killing two birds with one stone. We get a meal and the kids see the characters. I am to impatient to wait in line for a character.

I was thinking the same thing. Personally, it would have to be an interactive Mickey to make me even consider stopping here. I am a big fan of character meals because I feel like I'm killing two birds with one stone. We get a meal and the kids see the characters. I am to impatient to wait in line for a character.
I agree. If they don't have something amazing and interactive behind those doors, then all the hype they've been building will turn into disappointment!

We usually don't wait in lines, either. :)

At WDW, "disconnected" FPs have been more of a technical than management nature. As Robo mentioned, the main exception has been LMA, which started as connected but the limited show times made FP use there a disadvantage in most cases, so they dialed it down, eventually to zero. And even then, FP use was minimal and attendance was dropping.

DL had different management theories and played with it a lot more. I recall the head of DL years ago at one point saying he hated FP and wanted to get rid of it anyways.

There are limits to the freedom they want to give to FP holders. Having multiple disconnected FP distributions allows a person to basically hold their place in more than one line at a time.

I think it is unlikely that the M&G will be disconnected, unless they determine that it is proving ineffective and that people are not using it because they are choosing the traditional attractions over it and think it will help.

Well it shouldn't bother you. As has been painfully and carefully explained on here many times, late fastpasses have no impact on your wait time. It is just another thing for people to feel "superior" about if they think people aren't doing the right thing. The reality is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with using your fastpass after time is up.

Amen!

KC:hippie:

I have to say I am excited about this and I am *very* glad it should be open in time for our trip in a few weeks (hopefully it wont get delayed any). Not sure if it will be talking Mickey or not but they do seem to be putting a lot of effort into this which is great... I do wonder what is going to happen with Minnie though... Magician's assistant Minnie would be pretty kewl :P but if not... hopefully they at least put her somewhere that makes sense and she is wearing an appropriate outfit (like in Frontierland currently and unlike Tomorrowland)

Just a side note about meeting Mickey in Disneyland... like WDW Toontown there are multiple "Mickey Rooms"; however, at Disneyland each of these rooms is themed differently and Mickey wears an outfit for that rooms theme. So you can meet "normal" Mickey, Bandleader Mickey, Sorcerer Mickey, or Steamboat Willie Mickey depending on which room you are taken to :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter