• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Pool on Magic

maslex

DIS Veteran
We just done watching the Disney Cruise Line Special that I TIVO'd from the Travel Channel once again :thumbsup2 and my boys REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go on the water slide that is attached to the little Mickey pool. I'm afraid they might be too big to ride on it. It looks like a place for toddlers. My boys will be 11 and 12 when we go (my 12yr looks older than he is though---very tall) Should I brace them now and tell them that they won't be able to go on it or will I be surprised to learn that they can? Any help?

We just went on the Magic for the first time in March. My 8 yr old son couldn't wait to go on the Mickey slide, too. It really is a pool for little kids and those who can't swim. The Goofy pool is about 4 foot deep and filled with elementary school aged kids mostly. DS lived in that pool the whole cruise. He did go down the Mickey slide a few times when the Goofy pool was closed one day and wasn't impressed. You don't actually slide down into the pool...just kind of stop at the bottom. I don't think your older kids will want to do it once they see it, but I could be wrong. It will probably depend on what age kids they see there at the time. Hope this helps!

Sima

here are the restrictions

Young children, who are not toilet trained, are welcome to enjoy the fountain play area near the Mickey Pool that has been designed exclusively for the enjoyment of children wearing swim diapers.

The slide is for ages 4 to 14: maximum height 64", minimum height 38".

:( - oh thats SOOOOOO not fair

i was really hoping to go down it with our daughter

here are the restrictions

Young children, who are not toilet trained, are welcome to enjoy the fountain play area near the Mickey Pool that has been designed exclusively for the enjoyment of children wearing swim diapers.

The slide is for ages 4 to 14: maximum height 64", minimum height 38".

what if they are 3 and 38"???

I'm not too tall, but a tad too old. I want to go down the slide too. Maybe we can push for adult rides after 9:00 pm.

I was bummed on the Wonder last month that I couldn't go down the slide. My DS (8) broke the news to me. Not fair... :scared:

I'm only 60", and about 12 years old in my head... can I go? :thumbsup2 I'm betting there's a weight limit, too, though... So there goes that. LOL

Well my DS is only 11 but he was 5'5" (65") at the time of our cruise, and no one said anything to him. He went on it several times!!

We are cruising again this November and he'll only be 12, but I'm sure he'll grow at least another 2 inches by then, I wonder if they'll let him ride the slide :rotfl: . I'll bring a copy of this birth certificate just in case they don't :rotfl: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter