Mickey Needs A Bath

zoomouse

Disney Dad
It's been a few months since we returned from WDW and the kids' prized stuffed Mickey and Minnie are need of a bath. Anyone have any tips for washing these critters? I think Minnie and Mickey taking a swim in the washer will be a hit, but if it turns into burial at sea I'm pretty sure the kids will freak. I don't want to be the "Daddy that drowned Mickey" so any tips would be appreciated.:confused3

You could try putting them in a pillowcase and washing them on gentle cycle. Then, line dry.

Good luck! I wish all stuffed animals were washable.

While watching "How Clean is Your House" on BBC America yesterday I saw one of the ladies take a gentle, nice smelling soap, rubbed it on a dry (I think) washcloth and gently rubbed it on a stuffed bear. Worked great!

I do what a previous poster suggested: put them in a pillowcase and wash in cold water on the gentle cycle. I also put them in the dryer, still in the pillowcase, on low heat.

I try to knot the pillowcase far down so that they don't get jostled around too much.

do you know anyone with a front loading washer? My dd's stuffed Piglet was in desperate need of a bath, way beyond spot cleaning. Out of desperation I tossed him in the washer, praying he would still be recognizable when he came out. Surprise! He came out perfect! No holes, no stuffing wadded up, no stretching. He went from the washer directly into the front loading dryer, on normal setting with a mixed load of clothes.

I have washed our Mickey and Minnie dolls that say surface washable only both in and out of a pillow case and they have come out just fine! I use cold water, gentle cycle, and a regular washing machine. Good luck!

I just washed my daughters Mickey yesterday, in the regular cycle with regular soap...he came out just fine! But the pillowcase sounds like a good idea jsut to be safe, I had never heard of that before!

I wash my DD's in a regular washing machine, on regular cycle with regular detergent by itself without a pillowcase. It comes out great!

Thank you to everyone for all your suggestions. Mickey and Minnie survived a cool gentle cycle bath and are now hanging dry. Maybe a few more of these critters will be swimming soon.

I use a lingerie bag on the delicate cycle.

My older daughter had a Roo that was attached at the hip and bed for her life. He has been washed numerous times, just tossed in with a load. I am so happpy. I also wash cabbage patch babies too. In the pillowcase with them to protect the hair. They spin off and hang to dry.

I take off the clothes on them though.
Minnie came home from Disney back in 1997 and she is still going great even with a few washes,
Dianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter