Mickey Mouse Tye Dye

kmb584

DIS Veteran
I wasn't too sure where to post this but thought that the "Creative Community" sounded about right! :thumbsup2

On past trips to the World I've run across numerous families wearing tye dye Mickey Mouse t-shirts and while I'm not one for matchy-matchy the thought of these shirts just keeps on growing on me. In fact, I think it'd actually be kind of fun for DD (4) and I to have a matching day on our next trip at the end of April.

Problem is: I cannot find said tees anywhere. I initially tried Etsy but came up empty handed. I googled and found nothing. Can someone here point me in the right direction?

There is a thread with directions under Arts & Crafts. I have also seen directions on blogs you could find by Googling. You have to "make" them as far as I know.

Give me a minute and I'll find you the link..there is step by step instructions and several members that are very helpful if you have questions...

We made them before we went on our cruise in 2010. I added vinyl to make these look like jack o' lanterns because it was Halloween.

DSC_4401.jpg

DSC_4398.jpg

DSC_4395.jpg

DSC_4043.jpg

DSC_4030.jpg

DSC_4019.jpg

I used the fiber reactive dyes from Dharma Trading and 100% cotton T's. My biggest recommendation is to SOAK them. I felt I had plenty of dye in there and was somewhat disappointed by the amount of white when we were all done.

HTH!

We made them before we went on our cruise in 2010. I added vinyl to make these look like jack o' lanterns because it was Halloween.

DSC_4401.jpg

DSC_4398.jpg

DSC_4395.jpg

DSC_4043.jpg

DSC_4030.jpg

DSC_4019.jpg

I used the fiber reactive dyes from Dharma Trading and 100% cotton T's. My biggest recommendation is to SOAK them. I felt I had plenty of dye in there and was somewhat disappointed by the amount of white when we were all done.

HTH!

What vinyl did you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter