• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Mouse fire dept T shirts

Jillybean924

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if the firehouse Gift Station at Magic Kingdom still has The Navy Blue Mickey Mouse Fire Department T shirts? We are celebrating My husbands retirement, 37 years as a fireman this December. Our last trip 9 years ago we brought these shirts but he no longer has them and would like a couple of them. Thanks to anyone that can give us some information. ::MickeyMo

Please tell your congratulations and thank you for his many years of faithful service. I also posted this same question and haven't had any responses yet, but wanted to let you know that I found out that the Reedy Creek Fire Department 9They serve WDW) has a link to their t shirts on their website:

http://iafflocal2117.org/osb/showitem.cfm?Category=2

It says coming soon right now, but maybe you could call them? Click on the pictures in the link and you can see the designs up close. One says Walt Disney world, and one says "Protecting the magic" and has a rather flattering picture of Mickey's older brother (ha!). I know in years past i have taken my stations shirts with me and have swapped one for one with the department i would be visiting. Maybe he could do this? (I'll trade one with him if he wants for that matter!)

But yea, if someone has pictures of the fire shirts that are available in the firehouse gift shop on main street please post for us!

Stay safe,
John

I don't know where they are sold in MK, but they sell them in the New York section of HS at a sidewalk kiosk. My dad is a fire captain, and I thought about getting him one but procrastinated. I plan on getting him one next month. They are awesome!

When we were there in August they did, hopefully they will still have one when you go. My dh can't go home without one:)

Have you dropped off a department patch yet? That might be fun to do for him to so you can look for it on your next trip.

MandMMom,

Where's the patch board. In the Main Street fire department? I didnt think of that idea. Thanks for the mention.

Yes its right on the wall they are allover, we can't wait to find ours when we go in september, we dropped it off the first day of our trip in august and it wasn't up yet when we left so its on dhs list of first things to do in Magic kingdom:)

I haven't been in a while, but my parents were there last month, and they were still selling the shirts. They also had a new set of FD pins.

DH and I are both firefighters, so that's always one of our first stops. :)

My father is a retired firefighter as well. We got him a shirt this February from the shop and I do believe I saw the shirts you are talking about. The shirt I picked out was off white and had MKFD on it plus the seals and a picture of Walt & Mickey, etc. Very nice! My dad loved it.

DisneyDec-101.jpg

These are shirts that I had made for my family and each trip we make to WDW we're stopped and asked where we got them. I have two for myself and love them. On the front left chest side there is a smaller print of Disneyworld Fire Department and the larger one on the back. I think this would be the perfect retirement gift for you to give.
Here is the link to where you can order the shirts. Tell him you are after the Disneyworld fire department shirts and I think the price is around $16.00 each.
The sellers name is Steve all you need to do is go to the contact seller and you should be able to order the shirts.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/RESCUE-911-APPAREL__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Hello. Thank you for your referrral, but please be advised that we no longer have these shirts available. FYI: Kids look great in the shirts! Take care - Steve

just an fyi at the Reedy creek fire department they have the t shirt on the bottom in black as of a week ago 9see link above)

Ya know, I've always wondered if any of the RCFD guys would be willing to do a t-shirt swap or a patch swap with me (with one from my department). However, whenever I actually DO see someone from RCFD, it's the unit crew, rushing with the stretcher to tend to someone. (...NOT a good time to stop and chat....) But, on each trip, I've had a patch with me, in the hopes......

Yes, I do spend my share of time in the MKFD station off of Main St USA. If you ask my DW, she'll say I spend "too much time" looking at stuff there. For those that didn't know, the engine company there is "Eng. Co. 71". This is because, of course, of WDW's opening in 1971. I had a blank badge made for my old crew back in '04, and it has this on the bottom.

We were at MK last Sunday (5/3) and they had t-shirts but not the ones I think you are referring to but they did have golf shirts with the embroidered logo in a navy blue, I didn't look at a price, sorry.

Yes...the Reedy Creek Fire Department's web site is up and running and you can buy shirts and hats and other items on line. We also have them at either station 1 or 4 (I'll check tomorrow). On-line is probably the best way to buy with the call volume so high and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Often we are out of the station on calls.

By the way.....I too carry a patch or two for trading or to cheer someone up! However, if I'm on a call I really can't stop and talk. However, if you see us exiting the park with an empty (no patient) stretcher, please feel free to ask!

We have some new designs out which are really nice! www.reedycreek.org :happytv:

Ya know, I've always wondered if any of the RCFD guys would be willing to do a t-shirt swap or a patch swap with me (with one from my department). However, whenever I actually DO see someone from RCFD, it's the unit crew, rushing with the stretcher to tend to someone. (...NOT a good time to stop and chat....) But, on each trip, I've had a patch with me, in the hopes.....

Swing by one of our fire houses (we have 4) and just ask! We have coffee for visiting firefighters too! Best source for RCFD shirts is www.reedycreek.org !:cool2::cool2:

I remember seeing a shirt I wanted to buy at the Magic Kingdom Fire house gift shop,it was long sleeve and gray and had a MKFD logo,has anyone seen it there lately?I plan to be there in a month and hopefully they have it in stock.

Can someone update this for topic for me? Are their still shirts available in the Fire house gift shop? Someone had mentioned somewhere in HS there was a kiosk with them too. I would love to see any pictures of these anyone has, or if you could give a description of what they hav design wise, that would be awesome!! I would really like a navy shirt with the front and back logo.....;)

Yes its right on the wall they are allover, we can't wait to find ours when we go in september, we dropped it off the first day of our trip in august and it wasn't up yet when we left so its on dhs list of first things to do in Magic kingdom:)
It can be hit or miss to find it- often, they don't put it up right away. It goes into a little box with all the other ones. Last time, they gave us a song and dance about the key to the case being missing.

Not to be a debbie downer, but you may not ever find yours- they said they switch them out every couple of months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter