Mickey & Minnie Railroad and Ratatouille Ride ??

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
How aggressive are these 2 rides? We have been many times and these are the 2 new ones we have not done.
Too much for a controlled heart attack survivor? If they are like the Frozen ride I don't think he would have a problem. Avatar was tooo much for him before the heart attack.

They are fairly smooth although I would recommend watching youtube videos. Ratatouille is 3D. I don't think MMRR is but honestly am not positive. Will include spinning to a degree, moving frontwards and backwards.

I would read the warnings on the Disney website to help you with this. Look at their descriptions for attractions that your husband can/cannot ride and compare.

I agree with @Turksmom that you really need assistance from Disney your your physician rather than those on DISboards.

Watch some videos and ask your doctor. I haven't ridden Remy but I have MMRR. There is a part where the cars sort of dance so it is kind of jerky, there is a smallish drop. There are a few scenes that can be a bit frenetic as well.

They aren’t as aggressive as Flight of Passage but they do have more “movement” than Frozen. There’s some spins and “surprising” moments in Remy. MMRR is pretty tame, as poster above says, there is a part where the cars shake a bit as if they were dancing. It’s not violent but it does jostle you.

I brought my 5 month old on both of them, as well as someone with heart issues. Frozen was much more intense with the backwards part.

This really seems like something he should ask his physician, rather than random Disboards posters.
As a cardiologist (disclaimer: this is not medical advice!), I would say that most physicians are not going to know individual rides and could only provide some general guidance. Helpful to get some info from folks here, watch YouTube video and then ask the doc. Fortunately since I know the rides well, I’ve been able to give some specific recommendations to a few of my patients.

Last edited:

As a cardiologist (disclaimer: this is not medical advice!), I would say that most physicians are not going to know individual rides and could only provide some general guidance. Helpful to get some info from folks here, watch YouTube video and then ask the doc. Fortunately since I know the rides well, I’ve been able to give some specific recommendations to a few patients.

Last stress test, 6 mos. ago, he was able to complete it on a "treadmill" with flying colors. He goes to the cardiologist before our trip, next month, so hopefully he will be able to give him a good report and he can decide from there.
He still complains about getting him on Avatar and that was before his heart attack.

Agree most physicians won't know the rides.
Watch the videos. If they are able to do normal activities of daily living, probably not an issue.
Neither ride is overly intense. I would worry more about motion sickness (if you are prone to that). Both rides have some spins, starting ,stopping, but not much more intense than that. They both are really fun!

How aggressive are these 2 rides? We have been many times and these are the 2 new ones we have not done.
Too much for a controlled heart attack survivor? If they are like the Frozen ride I don't think he would have a problem. Avatar was tooo much for him before the heart attack.

I can't answer this as a whole but here's my feedback for Runaway, a YouTube video is tough to get a sense of.

- Frozen is more subtle than RunAway
- There are no actual drops
- The ride movement is smooth in itself
- Several parts create a jostle - Daisy's dance - as the vehicle moves side to side.
- There's a simulated fall/drop on a wrap around screen where the vehicle shakes, air is blown on the face. I'd put the experience on par with Frozen's actual drop. Fairly non-eventful.
- The ride gets loud at several parts.

We made the mistake of taking my sleeping infant on the ride when a CM told us we couldn't do a rider swap. We were assured it's a mild ride that shouldn't wake him and there was no way we could do a rider swap since everyone is eligible to ride. He woke up at the tornado section due to noise and was frozen in terror until the next room.

Point is, its not an intense ride by any means. But depending on what sets off the condition, you'll experience loud noise and some jostling. At a level that is enough to wake a sleeping baby but not enough for there to be a concern with taking a sleeping baby on it - which I've seen many others follow my footsteps in subsequent rides.

We have been many times and these are the 2 new ones we have not done.
If you have been on Rise of the Resistance then you would be familiar with the trackless car system. Both Remi and MMRR use trackless cars which will make fast turns, etc, but they stay on a flat surface. The physical intensity of the movement of the cars is close to the same for all three rides.

If you have been on Rise of the Resistance then you would be familiar with the trackless car system. Both Remi and MMRR use trackless cars which will make fast turns, etc, but they stay on a flat surface. The physical intensity of the movement of the cars is close to the same for all three rides.

RoR has a drop though which MMRR doesn't have. That might be an important thing to the OP. On MMRR you don't ever experience a weightless feeling where as RoR you will for a very brief moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter