• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Mail and ME

LucyBC80

Donald Duck #1
Do they send Mickey Mail to those of us outside the US?

If not, how will I tag my bags to use ME? I'm flying with Delta from Brazil, I have a layover in Atlanta then going to MCO. Is the connecting flight (Atlanta-Orlando) considered a international flight and I will I have to take them myself or ME will be able to pick our bags directly?

Mickey mail and ME mail are not (always) mailed together. It is my understanding that Mickey mail is sent to Canadian addresses, but not to other international addresses.

The contents of your Mickey Mail will be waiting for you at your WDW resort when you check in.

As for ME, as long as you have signed up for it, and your flight arrives before 10:30 pm, all you have to do is go to the DME counter at the airport and give them your luggage tag receipts and descriptions of your luggage. They will pull them for you and make sure they get to your resort. Note that it could be 3-4 hours after you check in at your resort before you receive your luggage. Anything that you will need before then should be packed in your carry on bags.

Since you are arriving in Orlando on a flight from Atlanta, this should put you in the domestic arrivals category (you will be clearing customs in Atlanta, if you didn't already preclear in Brazil).

HTH.

Mickey mail and ME mail are not (always) mailed together. It is my understanding that Mickey mail is sent to Canadian addresses, but not to other international addresses.

The contents of your Mickey Mail will be waiting for you at your WDW resort when you check in.

As for ME, as long as you have signed up for it, and your flight arrives before 10:30 pm, all you have to do is go to the DME counter at the airport and give them your luggage tag receipts and descriptions of your luggage. They will pull them for you and make sure they get to your resort. Note that it could be 3-4 hours after you check in at your resort before you receive your luggage. Anything that you will need before then should be packed in your carry on bags.

Since you are arriving in Orlando on a flight from Atlanta, this should put you in the domestic arrivals category (you will be clearing customs in Atlanta, if you didn't already preclear in Brazil).

HTH.

So I don't need to pick them up when I arrive in Orlando? That's great! Our luggage is easily recognizable, so I think it'll be easy for them to get the right ones.

Our flight is supposed to land in Orlando around 10AM, should I expect the bags around 3PM? Will them put the bags inside our room if we're not there? Our plan is to go to DTD on our first day, should I cancel and wait for the bags?

Thanks for the link and for taking the time to answering my question.

It's sad I won't have the experience of waiting for the Mickey Mail it would help with the anxiety a little!

You're very welcome. I don't get Mickey Mail anymore, since we're doing room only reservations. And we're driving now instead of flying. Kinda miss that package in the mail... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter