• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey ice cube tray....

peimikes

Mouseketeer
Well I've been trying to loose weight. I decided today to try to drink more water and instead of having a snack when I'm hungry to have a glass of water wait 5 mins and if I'm still hungry have something. So far today this has worked I've had breakfast and lunch but no snack.

Problem is I only like drinking cold water. Our last trip to WDW I bought this cute mickey head ice cube tray. I dug it out today. What a neat way to get a disney fix. Mickey ice cubes!! :woohoo:

Well I can't get the darn things out of the tray!! Either they are completely stuck, break when I try to get them out or if I try to bang them out they end up all over the floor. Who knew making ice cubes was so complicated?:rotfl:

Any suggestions...maybe I need an instruction manual ;)

Well I've been trying to loose weight. I decided today to try to drink more water and instead of having a snack when I'm hungry to have a glass of water wait 5 mins and if I'm still hungry have something. So far today this has worked I've had breakfast and lunch but no snack.

Problem is I only like drinking cold water. Our last trip to WDW I bought this cute mickey head ice cube tray. I dug it out today. What a neat way to get a disney fix. Mickey ice cubes!! :woohoo:

Well I can't get the darn things out of the tray!! Either they are completely stuck, break when I try to get them out or if I try to bang them out they end up all over the floor. Who knew making ice cubes was so complicated?:rotfl:

I have a Mickey ice cube tray...mine is hard plastic. Is yours silicone? Either way, try putting it in warm water (the bottom) to loosen them from the tray. That might help!

Run them under warm water from the tap on the underside and the front, that's what I do, helps melt the ice that's sticking to the tray and they should pop right out

I have a Mickey ice cube tray...mine is hard plastic. Is yours silicone? Either way, try putting it in warm water (the bottom) to loosen them from the tray. That might help!

Mine is like a soft plastic. But not silicone. I've got the next ones in the freezer right now. I'll give it a try :thumbsup2

Use mine all the time!

It's the soft flexible plastic one. Thought 'this will be great, the cubes will fall right out'. Nope. Now I just let the tray sit on the counter for 5 or 10 minutes and they come out much easier.

The ones I don't use I put in a baggy and put back in the freezer. It frees up the tray to refill and start all over again.

Mickey Ice cubes? Where are the trays sold at? Are they in the parks or are they at DTD?

Look at all the exercise your getting trying to get them out!;):rotfl:

The exercise is good for you!

I got rid of my Mickey ice cube tray. (!) It was several years old, and the ears were thinner than the rest of the head, so they'd often break. :confused3 Are they different now?

I'd give myself a break and order the one available on the disneystore site right now - its the one I have. It's silicone, so you can really push the cubes out.

I have a few funky ice cube trays that I use for water and juice to keep life interesting. :) Sometimes you just need a little pick me up.

Mickey Ice cubes? Where are the trays sold at? Are they in the parks or are they at DTD?

I'm pretty sure I got mine at mousegears. I also got a thingamjig (technical term) that you're supposed to push into your bread and it leaves a mickey head in your toast. Yep used it once!!:rolleyes:

I'd give myself a break and order the one available on the disneystore site right now - its the one I have. It's silicone, so you can really push the cubes out.

I have a few funky ice cube trays that I use for water and juice to keep life interesting. :) Sometimes you just need a little pick me up.

Now that's what I need. :lmao: We're going in September I'll have to keep an eye out for it. DH will start to wonder if I've got a thing for mickey ice cube trays. I can see the anniversary and birthday presesnts from here on out :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter