Mickey ice cream bars and popcorn?

madaboutMickey

DIS Veteran
Hi all. My DH and I are going on our first Disney cruise (Fantasy) in Sept. So Dh read that you can get Mickey bars through room service. He wants to know if they are they avaiable anywhere else on the ship. Also, do they have popcorn at he movie theater. We have been on other cruise lines where they hand out bags of popcorn as you enter the theater or just passing by before a movie starts. As you can see, free Mickey bars and popcorn will make him very happy. :thumbsup2

Hi all. My DH and I are going on our first Disney cruise (Fantasy) in Sept. So Dh read that you can get Mickey bars through room service. He wants to know if they are they avaiable anywhere else on the ship. Also, do they have popcorn at he movie theater. We have been on other cruise lines where they hand out bags of popcorn as you enter the theater or just passing by before a movie starts. As you can see, free Mickey bars and popcorn will make him very happy. :thumbsup2

The only places we've gotten Mickey Bars is from room service, and in the MDRs for meals. And with lunch at CC.

Popcorn is pre-popped and bagged. There is a charge for it.

You can get mickey bars in the dining room at dinner. You can buy bags of popcorn for the movies/shows. But they have bags of chips up by the fastfood area.

Concierge gets free popcorn though, correct? My youngest son is very excited about the popcorn LOL

Concierge gets free popcorn though, correct? My youngest son is very excited about the popcorn LOL

Yes concierge will give you popcorn. I didn't even know about that perk and was confused when they insisted on handing us a bag before we left the lounge lol.

There is an extra charge for the popcorn (if you are not in concierge), as it is sold packaged.

Did I see on another thread that there are now free (included) hot soft pretzels available now too?

The Wonder doesn't have a Concierge Lounge so where do we get our popcorn? He's so funny, ever since we brought him home he has been just crazy for popcorn......I don't think he even watches the movie half the time, he just likes popcorn LOL

Did I see on another thread that there are now free (included) hot soft pretzels available now too?

They had them at the pizza window on the Wonder, but you had to be there at the right time. No announcement, there was a long line, and they ran out fast. I got ONE on the 14 day PC cruise, at about 3 pm one day.

There was also no choice of flavor. I had one with cream cheese baked in, but just before that they had cinnamon ones.

Nancy

The only places we've gotten Mickey Bars is from room service, and in the MDRs for meals. And with lunch at CC.

Popcorn is pre-popped and bagged. There is a charge for it.

Mickey Bars a Castaway Cay? Who knew!! Where do they serve them?

Mickey Bars a Castaway Cay? Who knew!! Where do they serve them?

All I can remember is at the end of our WBTA in 2010 (when they had no Mickey bars onboard!!!!) they had them at CC. A CM was walking around with an insulated bag at Cookies handing them out.

258vt52.jpg

The Mickey bars on castaway cat were a special treat on the wbta cruise since the magic went all summer in the med without the bars and finally got some when we stopped in Tortola that trip. We assumed the wonder had also left us some at castaway cay as she had done for the last wbta cruise, and they were giving them out rather than hauling so many bars back as she was heading into dry dock.

We learned that cruise that Mickey bars don't handle castaway cay well, as they were super melty when the crew were handing them out.

Were they the ones that are stuffed with cream cheese? Or just regular ones?

They were plain, unsalted soft pretzels shaped like Mickey's head. They had some salt and butter (at least I think it was, I ate mine plain) that you could put on them. I didn't see any cheese, but I wasn't really looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter