• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Head Proportion?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
I know I've seen it, but what are the proportions of the ears:head and what distance are they apart? I want to do some things, but I MUST have a perfect (or near perfect) silhouette.

is this what you are looking for?

mickey-jnmom.jpg

Well, I could use that as a base. But I was really thinking, if I make my own base, I think I remember seeing proportions somewhere. like ears:head, 3:5. I tried this size and it looks right. Maybe.

I think that I remember reading ears:head is 3:5, but I don't know where I read that, so I'm not sure that is completely accurate. I also remember reading that the ears were perfect circles but somewhat flattened.

You have me really curious! Are you going to share your project when you are done?

Beth

bethbuchall said:
I think that I remember reading ears:head is 3:5, but I don't know where I read that, so I'm not sure that is completely accurate. I also remember reading that the ears were perfect circles but somewhat flattened.

You have me really curious! Are you going to share your project when you are done?

Beth
lol. :stir:
That made me picture myself in some secret lab creating some tip secret design. lol.
I probably will. I don't usually share everything. They aren't usually that great. lol.

Ok, well, I'm having trouble uploading to my photobucket account right now. But what I'm doing is really a sewing project. lol. I'm making matching outfits for the kids who are going to WDW with us in Sept. Their birthdays are both in the week before our trip and they are really into the whole matchy matchy thing. I mean, the boy will be 4 and he still wears John Johns. (It's funny to me to call them that, my ds is called John John. lol) Any way. I'm making them from red gingham with a big black Mickey/Minnie head on them. On the head, I'm going to use my embroidery machine and but their name on it. I think I'm going to make the head out of felt and just tack it on. This way it is removable so they can wear them when they aren't doing the Disney theme. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get them done before I see them in a month. (Probably not.) But if I did, I could give it to their mom so that she could use them for their birthday pics. They are having a Mickey/Minnie Party. I don't think they would use the Mickey/Minnie heads all the time, so removable would make it more wearable.
Anyway, so Kate, your Mickey was great, I just was trying to figure out the proportions for general design purposes. Like when we did the ball Mickey heads and such.

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to see a photo if Photobucket behaves. I'm not really sure what John Johns are...I'm assuming like overalls?

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter