Mickey Head Ice Cube Trays

primax

Mouseketeer
Let me start off and say sorry to the moderators. I have no idea where this thread would fit appropriately (forum).

I have a question I am hoping someone can answer. At numerous locations to shop at Disney World you can buy Mickey Head Ice Cube tray's. How much do these trays $cost..? I was wondering since I don't remember the cost and my neighbors were kind enough to bring me 2 on their recent trip. I feel bad not repaying them and really would like to pay for the trays. At the same time I don't want to make them feel awkward by giving them to much money. I am guessing they were about $7.50 each (bought a couple last year and forget the price). I never had the chance to give them $$$ before they left.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Primax!

Firstly,I am really sorry but i cannot help you with your question.

My reply concerns your comment:
Let me start off and say sorry to the moderators. I have no idea where this thread would fit appropriately (forum).

I thought it would be really good if there was a special board for questions on merchandising (especially merchandise that doesnt fit under the "collectables" tag - such as pins, snow globes, etc)

So, recently I have been posting threads on the DIS regarding a Merchandise Forum. I wanted to hear what others thought of the idea.

So just to let you know, apparantly, a Merchandising Forum is in the pipeline and could be on the way soon.

Carene
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I paid $3 for each last time I bought them. I bought two trays then years later bought two more. The quality of the plastic is very bad now. The older ones were more flexible and the new ones break very easily.

Originally posted by carene
]
I thought it would be really good if there was a special board for questions on merchandising (especially merchandise that doesnt fit under the "collectables" tag - such as pins, snow globes, etc)

So, recently I have been posting threads on the DIS regarding a Merchandise Forum. I wanted to hear what others thought of the idea.

So just to let you know, apparantly, a Merchandising Forum is in the pipeline and could be on the way soon.

Carene,
That's a great idea!

TreeOfLife,
I have also found the trays to be poor quality. The cubes don't come out easily and the trays crack as I'm trying to get them out. :rolleyes:

well thank you for the responses. I guard my ice cube trays like they were were 1 million. We always run water over the bottom of the trays before trying to get the ice out. This helps tremedously.

Last night when I posted this message I was also thing a forum for merchandise would be nice.

Well, shoot! I love my trays. The price was one of the reasons I bought them, plus the plastic was sooo flexible it is incredibly easy to get the heads out. If they stick, I just press on the bottom of the tray and out it comes. What a shame they started making them more rigid so the will break easier.

the plastic was sooo flexible it is incredibly easy to get the heads out. If they stick, I just press on the bottom of the tray and out it comes.

Yup, those are the old ice trays. I have some of those and absolutely love them. They are like rubber.

But the new ones are Disney's idea of improving the quality of the merchandise. From what I heard, they changed the material because the previous trays were not acceptable... My oldest ones are in great shape, the new ones are already cracked...

Again, you just wonder about how Disney's people even get through the day

Could it be a marketing tool? If they break, you buy more
You know, it is the most reasonable explanation, with all that is given

Wow--thanks for the heads up, y'all

Was about to get a couple of these trays but if they're just awful forget it.

Well, pooh.:mad:

Originally posted by primax
We always run water over the bottom of the trays before trying to get the ice out. This helps tremedously.

I jinxed myself. One of our trays cracked about 8 hours after I posted the quote above.

We love our tryas no matter the how they are constructed. The mickey ice cubes are awesome. Friends think were nuts.

I am trying to decide if the plastic trays will work to reform old crayons into fun shapes. Anyone try this? And are the trays usable for other things after the wax experience?

The gift shop in CR has red mickey head ice cube trays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter