• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Halloween & Christmas Party

kristinradico

Mouseketeer
I decided once we get back from our June trip (we've been planning 18 months) that I will start to plan our next trip! I would love to take my kids during Halloween or Christmas times. What is everyone's opinion on Mickey's Halloween and Christmas parties? Is it worth going? How are the crowds during the party? Is one party better than the other?

I like the Halloween party better than the Christmas party. But that's mostly because Halloween is my favorite holiday.

However, ignoring my love for Halloween, I think it's better because you get to see guests dressed up and the parade is awesome. Also, unlike the Christmas parade, you can only see it during the party.

I prefer the halloween party. THe christmas party really disappointed me. Seems there was much more to do for halloween and spent way too much time in lines at christmas

Here is the first vote for the Christmas Party :santa:

I just love Christmas so i am biased.

I have never had the chance to go to the Halloween party but I have been to the Christmas Party twice now and have really enjoyed it!! When we went the lines were minimal so my son got to enjoy almost every ride in the park at least once! Hopefully I will have an opportunity to go to the Halloween party as well someday!!! :santa:

I can't comment in terms of whats better, as I haven't been to the Christmas party, but after nudging from friends who had just returned from their trip, we added the Halloween Party to our trip, days prior to leaving for WDW. I can't thank them enough, the Halloween Party is sooooo much fun! Seriously, I can't suggest it enough! We went without kids and had a blast, with kids would be even more fun I assume! So many cool costumes, and now that I know what 'Disneybounding' is, I plan to dress up for the 2015 Halloween Party, since we will return then! I hope you all decide to go, so much fun!

Having been to both parties many times..We prefer HALLOWEEN over Christmas

I asked concierge at the desk of POP, and they in their 'magical' ways told me they felt like the Halloween was the better of the two, as well. The Boo to You Parade is really a sight to behold, and I'm not a parade guy!

We've done both and echo the majority here...we just LOVED the Halloween Party. We've done it a few times adults-only and one time when two of our kids were still very small. The parade is just too cool and the park decorations at night for Halloween are just fun.

This year I've already told my husband I want to go back...this time with all 3 kids...for MNSSHP. It might have to be a long weekend trip for us, that includes a 14+ hour drive on each side of it, which he is not thrilled about. Still I think it will be fun and I'm using a trip to F&W Festival in there too to try to entice him. We'll see if he bites! :lmao:

We did the Christmas Party once and it was fun too...but I still think I give the edge to Halloween!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter