• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Express Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Good point! Sometimes I wish I would have kept our trip a secret from my boys, but it has been fun planning stuff with my oldest. Win-win either way you look at it! Good for you for being strong-I don't think I could have been! :goodvibes
Code:

Our kids know we are going - we just keep telling them maybe we can go again in a couple of years. We keep a family piggy bank and always say "when we have enough in the family jar".

We never told them because we were not sure if DH would be here or deployed. But thankfully he will be here :) What they also don't know is that grandma is coming too!

Code:

Our kids know we are going - we just keep telling them maybe we can go again in a couple of years. We keep a family piggy bank and always say "when we have enough in the family jar".

We never told them because we were not sure if DH would be here or deployed. But thankfully he will be here :) What they also don't know is that grandma is coming too!

Great strategy! :thumbsup2 That is exactly what I wish I would have done with my boys. It would have been so much fun to surprise my DS7 with the trip at Christmas time.

What branch does your DH serve in? I'm so glad to hear that he will get to go with you!! :goodvibes :)

Great strategy! :thumbsup2 That is exactly what I wish I would have done with my boys. It would have been so much fun to surprise my DS7 with the trip at Christmas time.

Code:
What branch does your DH serve in? I'm so glad to hear that he will get to go with you!! :goodvibes :)
Code:

DH is in the Army. Hopefully one more move and he can retire with 20yrs and on to a civilian career! :thumbsup2

DisneyTigers, urgoinagain? should be getting back from her vacation soon and let you know about your dates. I am anxious to hear about her vacation so hopefully it will be soon :cool1:

We're back!!!! Just in a few hours ago. Vacation was great, deluxe plan too much, not enough time to enjoy the pool. A bit disappointed with a few restaurants, but let me get to the stroller. I would post pictures, but I forgot BOTH of my cameras chargers, 2 cameras no batteries :scared1:....As soon as my photopass pictures are in I will post.
Okay the whole trip my husband let me push the stroller once, up the monorail hill at the magic kingdom.:rolleyes: It pushed like a breeze, no effort at all. Our other stroller was such a pain to get up that hill. It is a great stroller to push around, I ironed on a few Mickey patches to the back side to recognize it.

The rain cover was awesome, it covered the whole stroller. My girls, and my husband were dry. Btw tip "push the stroller when it is raining" your legs will stay dry from where your poncho ends. Please remember to keep the stroller moving when the rain cover is on.

I'm going to buy a sun-shade today. It needs one. I used the bug-screen, but the girls would have been more comfy with one. I'm going to try to get it to the stroller asap.

No manual came with the box. It is pretty easy to figure out. The button on top folds it in half. One problem is when you fold it the wheel gets the bottom of it dirty. I tried to scrub it off, looks like we are going to have to live with it, unless you want to take the wheel off when you fold it up.

Now for the kids. I have three girls 3, 5, and 7. The three year old is very tiny, she loved it. 5 year old is average, fit great, even slept in it comfortable. 7 year old 50", 52 pds didn't use it much but I made her sit in it to see how it was. Her legs had to reach over the side of the plastic thing but didn't touch the ground. If she "wasn't too old to sit in a stroller" she said it would be fine.

I'll post anything I can else I can think of as soon as I get things in order. We drove straight through (18 hours) and I haven't slept yet. If you can think of anything I'll answer any questions.:goodvibes

Code:

DH is in the Army. Hopefully one more move and he can retire with 20yrs and on to a civilian career! :thumbsup2

DisneyTigers, urgoinagain? should be getting back from her vacation soon and let you know about your dates. I am anxious to hear about her vacation so hopefully it will be soon :cool1:

20 yrs! Wow! Tell him "Thank You!" :hug:

Welcome Back urgoinagain?!! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great trip! That's too bad about the camera chargers and no batteries! Sounds exactly like something I would do! :guilty:

Code:
20 yrs! Wow! Tell him "Thank You!" :hug:
Code:

Welcome Back urgoinagain?!! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great trip! That's too bad about the camera chargers and no batteries! Sounds exactly like something I would do! :guilty:

I will be sure to thank him. It has been a very good life for us and we have had some great experiences!

WELCOME Back urgoinagain? :cheer2:

We were gone all day yesterday to the State Fair. It was good practice for WDW. Lots of walking, crowds and HOT! So glad to hear the stroller worked great. Can't wait. Hopefully Windy is enjoying it just as much.

Can't wait to hear more

Where is everyone lately? :rolleyes1 Kids went back to school today :cheer2: I was ready. We ran all summer long between soccer, swimming lessons, baseball, football and dodgeball!! It was so peacefull today with 2 kids gone. My last one at home didn't have anyone to argue with!

Where is everyone lately? :rolleyes1 Kids went back to school today :cheer2: I was ready. We ran all summer long between soccer, swimming lessons, baseball, football and dodgeball!! It was so peacefull today with 2 kids gone. My last one at home didn't have anyone to argue with!

Lucky you to get an extra 2 weeks of summer! We started school on Aug. 21!! It will be nice though to get out in late May.....unless of course we have a bunch of snow days like we did last year and end up going until early June! That running can drive a person crazy huh?! We are just getting into those years here-not sure if I'm excited or scared to death!!

I'd like to get into the swap for the week of Dec 27th - Jan 2nd if it's still available - I don't have 10 posts so I can't pm you - Thanks

Hi everyone! I'm sorry its been a few days, our drive home really did me in. Plus my girls started school today. I'm updating the list and sending out pm's.
I will order the sunshade and storage bag tonight. I'll send it down to disneymoon. Btw thanks Amy for all of your help!!!!!

I am happy to hear all is going well.... I was just wondering what the actual model of the stroller is - I would love to check it out in the store before our trip in December...

I am happy to hear all is going well.... I was just wondering what the actual model of the stroller is - I would love to check it out in the store before our trip in December...
The stroller is an Instep Safari and the colors are blue and khaki. If you go to the Instep website and go to dealer locater it will show what stores in your area carry Instep.

Need help!!!!! okay I found the stroller bag for 40$ with shipping. Now we need the sunshade. Need input, which would you like? The protect a bub deluxe- it has stages from just the top to full stroller coverage (good for infants) The rayshade the other swaps are using this one. Or a parasol, I have used one of these before, not the others. please let me know so I can order!!!

Code:
Need help!!!!! okay I found the stroller bag for 40$ with shipping. Now we need the sunshade. Need input, which would you like? The protect a bub deluxe- it has stages from just the top to full stroller coverage (good for infants) The rayshade the other swaps are using this one. Or a parasol, I have used one of these before, not the others. please let me know so I can order!!!
Code:

It makes no difference to me. We are using the stroller for a 4 year old so she will be able to put her visor or sunglasses on. Whatever everyone else votes is fine with me :)

Thanks for doing this urgoinagain? since your trip is already over.

Still waiting to hear more about your trip. Highlights, weather and more....

Well if I don't hear from anyone else to oppose I'll order the parasol, I liked it because you can move it to where you need it.
A little trip report, don't do a deluxe resort at the start of your trip! We stayed at the AKL the first night, I'm not a resort snob, but I will wait for the end of the trip before I do that again. And the ddp was too much, not so much the food, but it took time away from us at the pool. It seemed like we left the park to get ready for lunch, then a little break and off to dinner. And I wasn't impressed with the 2 table service restaurants. Also The Wave and Captain Jacks, stay away!!!
The weather was hot, hot , hot, over a hundred! Even the locals were complaining. So hot weather and no pool break means we didn't book the bounceback. But hey its Disney, if they offer it in April I will have forgotten all of this and book! (not ddp)
The good, my youngest had the time of her life. She high-fived every character she seen. We were right in front of Boo (here favorite) at the block party parade and she got up and danced with her! we had to change plans and go back to DS for the parade and Toy Story ride. Oh and we won a DREAM dream ears and a lanyard :banana: :banana: :banana: . Right when my husband was thinking we won't be back for a while Disney worked their magic.
One other thing, we did the tour of the DVC , another mistake at the beginning of our trip. But fyi they gave everyone in our party a choice of a 15$ gift card or a vip fastpass. So if you have time it may be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter