• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey ears ornaments??

phlufster

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must
I am trying to find glass mickey ears ornaments. The round ones like they have at the parks that they write on for you. I want to make personalized ornaments as our gift to our guests for attending our WDW wedding in December. I have found some on EBAY for around $10-$12 a peice for the big ones and I found a set of 4 little ones at the Disney store for like $25. THe only problem with the little ones is that they have glitter snowflakes on them and no room to write our names and the date.

I am trying to find at least 8 large ones that I can write on. I want to keep the project under $100. ANy ideas on where to get the ornaments or something I could do instead if I can't find enough??
Thanks,
jocelyn

I'd call the Christmas Shop at the Marketplace and order them that way -- they have large and small (smalls are in sets I think) in several colors. Not sure of the prices, but I think a set of 6 small was around $25, while a large one was around $12. Or, if you have a wedding planner, they can probably take care of that for you and have them shipped up. Just tell them what you're looking for. I did something similar with votive holders -- we bought several sets and I put them all in personalized little bags for our wedding. Since they were very simple -- pewter with mickey heads cut out -- I constantly see them at all my guests houses when I visit! I love that!

I don't know the phone number to the Christmas Shop, but WDW information is 407-824-4321 -- press "0" and I'm sure the operator can transfer you.

Have you thought about making them? I just got my Disney book today and they have the mickey ear ones with the year. It looks like it would be simple to use one large ornament and hot glue two smaller ones for ears. It looks easy, but I guess you would have to try it. It would definately be cheaper!

I have thought about making them, but I was worried that I would screw them up or that they would look really cheap. I also thought about just doing regular round ones and just decorating them nicely.I am going to call Disney tomorrow and see what I can find out! Thanks!

If it were me, I'd definately make them. YOu can get large or small glass balls at Michaels (clear or frosted). I would get the large frosted ones and glue something for ears. Probably medium sized white pom-poms. I have some white ones with silver in them. I'd probably use those, then personalize it with your wedding colors for the wording and also tie ribbon in your wedding colors around the top. They would be beautiful and cheap! I think the large glass ornaments are $.99 each and go on sale for 50% off all the time.

Did you find anything out from Disney yet? I was just there in September and remember seeing the small ornaments with the snowflakes. I wanted just plain gold or silver and they didn't have them. However, they have the small ones in a pack like 6 or so and they were bright colors, fushia pink, purple, green. I think they have weir colors this year, they weren't very christmassy. The only red ones they had were the large ones.

If you want the mickey head ornament, I would definitely buy them instead of make them (jmo). Even though you could always get 1 large ball and two smaller ones for ears, what are you going to do with the hooks that are on the two smaller balls once you glue them to the head? Know what I mean?
To save $, maybe you could just do one ball per family and just have the last name printed on it. This is an excellent idea! If I got married in December, I would have done the same thing!

One more suggestion if you do want to consider making them, you could get plain balls and hot glue disney ribbon to it.
Good Luck!

If you're not totally in love with the idea of having Mickey "ears" how about something like these:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=455057
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=456906
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=456817

The Mickey ones have rub-ons on the outside. If you don't like the rolled paper, you could put wedding/Mickey confetti inside with glittery snowy stuff - just be careful not to put too much in or the confetti will end up being hidden. One of those links shows a kind of charm hanging on them - some of the Scrap sites have some really cute wedding charms.

Oh Piratesmate I love those ideas from 2Peas. You could personalize them so many different ways. At www.mousememories.com they have castle charms, papers, rub-ons, etc. Also just another idea, in the Christmas store in DTD I bought a glass slipper ornament--it is so beautiful and elegant. It is large enough to write on with paint pen for glass, add your wedding colors and make it your own.
Good luck.
Deb

Those are the cutest ornaments!! Thanks for the links, Piratesmate!

Okay, I've got to get finished with all my swap stuff so I can start on some of these cuties!

Yeah - I love those myself! :teeth:

I'm starting another thread - I don't want to hijack this one.

OK, I ended up making the ornaments. I just bought creamy white colored glass balls from Wal-Mart ($3.97 for 9) and used a gold paint pen to write on them. On one side I did the classic Mickey head and then made the ears into the two zeros in 2005 (did that make sense??) and then on the other side and wrote our names and below that I wrote december 8th. I bought cream colored ribbon and made the loops to hang them with out of that. They turned out really cool and ended up costing me a total of $14 to make 18 ornaments! What a deal! Thanks for all the advice everyone!!
Jocelyn

Jocelyn, the ornaments sound lovely! I like hanging ornaments on my tree that represent a special person or event.

that sounds really nice, would love to see a picture of them! maggie

I would love to see them, too! I am so glad you did make them. Ornaments that are made by someone I know become even more special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter