Mickey Color fabric Book

pikaboo27

<font color=teal>I knew I could count on you!<br><
I'm looking for a thread that someone posted of a tutorial of a fabric book with mickey appliques in different colors on each page and the color embroidered below it. I meant to bookmark it and now I can't find it. It was awhile ago and I have search and searched in vain.

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to make one of these for my son.

Thanks in advance,

I wonder if you're talking about one I made for a Big Give.

Here are a couple photos . . .

colorbook121.jpg

colorbook124.jpg

colorbook129.jpg

colorbook131.jpg

colorbook145.jpg

colorbook151.jpg

If this is the one you're thinking of I wrote a tutorial for the disboutiquers thread in the Disney for Families forum.

That's it!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! Any chance you have a link to the post? That book looks so amazing and I can't wait to make one for my DS.

I found it! Thank you again! What a great tutorial!

Glad you found it.

Have fun making the book.

My younger son is in Santa Barbara -- any where near you?

:wave2: I keep checking back to see if you've posted an update.

I hope you'll post if you give the book a try.

I will! So far, I have cut out all my different colors and I just got my two missing colors of embroidery thread, my applique scissors and my stabilizer from Joanns.

This is my first real project with my embroidery machine, so I'm excited to give it a try, but getting things done for the holiday has slowed me town.

I promise to update as soon as my first page is done.

Oh, I'm planning to do the words in the Disney font i found on Etsy. *fingers crossed that it works*

Thank you again for the awesome tutorial!

I'm so glad you're giving it a try. It's a great project to try because there's only one color per applique. It will look super with the Disney font -- good thinking.

I can't wait to see how it comes out. (No pressure, no hurry :thumbsup2 )

It's done!!! It's finally done. It only took 4 attempts at the purple page, 2 attempts at the brown page and 2 attempts at the cover, but it's finally done! (please forgive the oversized photos)

IMG_0710.jpg

e8b2183e-676c-47b0-bdf0-1812c5569765.jpg

86ea2080-d8cb-4931-bf5e-125e6b89c285.jpg

c943bffb-aa7c-47be-8340-9e791fb4aa34.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0715.jpg

Things I love about it:
I love how the Disney font turned out. It was kind of a pain because I had to create each word as a separate design in Embird (which is an awesome software that I am totally going to have to buy.)
It looks pretty good for my first ever appliqué project and pretty much my first time using my embroidery machine
I love that I used all scraps and the only money I had to spend was on more interfacing.

Things I wish I had done differently:
I wish I had done yellow thread instead of white for the words on the cover.
I wish all the pages had turned out the same size (oops!)

I have discovered a love of appliqués and machine embroidery and can't wait to try more!

HUGE thanks to aboveH2O for your amazing tutorial and for essentially teaching me how to machine appliqué. I'm forever in your debt. Now I'm off to Etsy because I know my DS will love a Perry the platypus embroidered on something.

I'm glad I stumbled on your post. Your book turned out great. I love how you used the Disney font -- so much more "official." Next you'll have to try a numbers or alphabet book.

One of these days I'll get around to buying embird. Embroidering and appliqué is so addictive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter