Mickey cakes

sherilynn

Mouseketeer
From what I've been able to determine, the special order cakes are not that great. Has anyone had the Mickey cake? Is it okay? I don't want to pay $55for a yucky Sara Lee type cake, but my dd is only 10 so I really want her to have a real cake and not just a piece of cake. Any thoughts? TIA!

Well our DD just had her 10th bday on board and we ordered the Celebration cake ($32). It was ok... not great. I just don't think there is really a good solution for birthday cake unfortunately. :(

We ordered one of the special Mickey Cakes and it was fabulous! We ordered chocolate, with a chocolate cream filling. There was a chocolate Mickey face put on the top. It is VERY rich when it is all chocolate. Concierge arranged for the cake. If you are not in concierge I am sure Guest Services can take care of it for you. If you PM me with your email address I will send you a picture of the cake.

My son will be turning 10 on our cruise as well and I looked at the cakes....I won't be spending that amount.

He is aware that this cruise is in lieu of a birthday party so whatever they bring to the table should be enough :)

I might try and put a little something together myself with some of the desserts they offer at the buffet since his birthday is on a sea day.

But yeah, I just can't see myself spending that money on a cake.

We've had the cake that comes with the Bon Voyage pkg. as well as the one (the same cake as the BV pkg) that comes with the Birthday Celebration pkg. We've liked them each time we've ordered them and it is a nice thing to have in your stateroom for a special private little celebration.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

I just sent Sheri a picture of the Mickey Cake. I am too technology challenged to figure out how to post the picture. Hopefully she can. The cake is absolutely amazing! I make cakes for everyone I know for all their special occasions and I found it moist, creamy and very rich. It had a chocolate ganache on the outside and a chocolate buttercream filling. The real buttercream filling. None of that icky type with the powdered sugar added. I looked at the cakes in the celebration package and they look to be the fake buttercream or perhaps the whipped topping type icing. Definitely did not order due to that.

I am checking on a small cake for our wedding anniversary coming up for our next cruise in September. I don't know if they can make one small enough.

I just sent Sheri a picture of the Mickey Cake. I am too technology challenged to figure out how to post the picture. Hopefully she can. The cake is absolutely amazing! I make cakes for everyone I know for all their special occasions and I found it moist, creamy and very rich. It had a chocolate ganache on the outside and a chocolate buttercream filling. The real buttercream filling. None of that icky type with the powdered sugar added. I looked at the cakes in the celebration package and they look to be the fake buttercream or perhaps the whipped topping type icing. Definitely did not order due to that.

It sounds amazing, Trish, and well worth the cost! I may order one for our cruise next month. I realize that $55 isn't inexpensive, but a vacation with family is no time to be a cheapskate!

It sounds amazing, Trish, and well worth the cost! I may order one for our cruise next month. I realize that $55 isn't inexpensive, but a vacation with family is no time to be a cheapskate!

I don't think anyone going on a DCL cruise for a family vacation could ever be called a cheapskate....just sayin'.

LOL........true, DCL cruises aren't for the "thrifty" minded, that's for sure!

Well, this is a splurge trip, so I'm gonna order the cake. Thanks for the pic Trish!

we had a special cake for our 40th ann. on the magic a couple of yrs ago, it was great. we gave them the topper, but the cake was beautiful and tasted great. it was 2 tiers and only about 30$. there was so much we served a lot of guests and cm around us. :goodvibes

Can Sheri post a pic of the cake in here? I've been debating getting the Mickey Mouse cake since my DD turns 8 on embarkation day.

I will see if I can figure out how to post the pic Trish sent me. If not, then yeah, the pic DCL has listed is pretty close.

We ordered the special Mickey cake (not the celebration cake with the bday pkge)It was chocolate cake with chocolate filling. It was amazingly good.

Is anyone familiar with Publix cakes?

We don't have anything like that here in Greece, here things are more creamy and less cakey... I really miss Publix cake more than anything and if the Bon Voyage cake is like a publix cake I will order one (or two) on my Med cruise next year.

TIA if anyone can help!

I just called DCL last night enquiring about possibly getting a cake delivered to my daughter and her husband for their one year anniversary. They met at Disney while each being a college intern and got married at Disney last November.

We are DVC members and were able to gift them a 4 night cruise on the Dream. We thought it would be nice to have a cake delivered to their table in the dining room.

Back in 2005 we sailed on the Magic and my husband and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and Disney brought us a beautiful cake ( enough to feed at least 8 people) at no additional charge. I was told last night that they charge now for these cakes, however if you mention something to your head server the night before, they may make up something and surprise you the following night. I hope this is the case since our daughter's situation is kinda special.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?? I would love to know your situation :)

We ordered the special Mickey cake (not the celebration cake with the bday pkge)It was chocolate cake with chocolate filling. It was amazingly good.

The link I posted is the order form and it just says celebration cakes...The mickey cake is just the photo. (the celebration cake itself isn't mickey at all) Every search I have ever done brings this photo up:

836.jpg

(Taken from the order form: MICKEY MOUSE CAKE - serves 10 to 12 people - $55 - no special decorations (check one flavor)
Vanilla Cake with White Chocolate Filling Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Filling Marble Cake with Dark Chocolate Filling
Note: Dark Chocolate Ganache Icing Only)

Here is another version I found:

Mickey-cake.jpg

This picture came out huge....couldn't edit it as it is from a Blog

I just called DCL last night enquiring about possibly getting a cake delivered to my daughter and her husband for their one year anniversary. They met at Disney while each being a college intern and got married at Disney last November.

We are DVC members and were able to gift them a 4 night cruise on the Dream. We thought it would be nice to have a cake delivered to their table in the dining room.

Back in 2005 we sailed on the Magic and my husband and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and Disney brought us a beautiful cake ( enough to feed at least 8 people) at no additional charge. I was told last night that they charge now for these cakes, however if you mention something to your head server the night before, they may make up something and surprise you the following night. I hope this is the case since our daughter's situation is kinda special.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?? I would love to know your situation :)

If you don't order a cake using the special order form the standard little chocolate mouse type dessert will be brought out for the celebration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter