Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns in 2022!!!

We will be at WDW for the first party (August 12). We were hopeful our dates would align with the party, so we are happy about this. I’m now second guessing it…. The main purpose of us going is to do as many rides with short wait times. We are doing 6 days at WDW with hoppers. In the past, we’ve always done more days, but this trip we are also headed to universal. So our initial thought was we could buy tickets for this event and do one evening/night at MK and then only visit it 1 other day.
So my question…. Because it’ll be the FIRST night, will it be insanely packed and wait times terribly lengthy? Our kids are getting older (13&11) and will be more interested in doing Rides than meeting characters.

I’d love to know your thoughts!

We will be at WDW for the first party (August 12). We were hopeful our dates would align with the party, so we are happy about this. I’m now second guessing it…. The main purpose of us going is to do as many rides with short wait times. We are doing 6 days at WDW with hoppers. In the past, we’ve always done more days, but this trip we are also headed to universal. So our initial thought was we could buy tickets for this event and do one evening/night at MK and then only visit it 1 other day.
So my question…. Because it’ll be the FIRST night, will it be insanely packed and wait times terribly lengthy? Our kids are getting older (13&11) and will be more interested in doing Rides than meeting characters.

I’d love to know your thoughts!
It’ll be packed but wait times should be minimal. It’ll be full of bloggers who aren’t riding rides. This happened on Disney’s 50th at MK as well.

View attachment 665492
Thanks to @indylaw99 for getting the screenshot!!

Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party may be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240 beginning May 18. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can begin purchasing tickets as early as May 12. Ticket prices will range from $109 – $199. The event dates are:

• August: 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
  • September: 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
  • October: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31

Walt Disney World Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members may purchase specially priced tickets for select dates.

We have a WDW resort room booked for Aug 28, one night, before our Wish cruise on Aug 29th. We disembark on Friday, September 2 and want to go that evening’s MNSSHP. Are we able to do early booking on May 12 or do we only qualify for early booking if we have a resort room booked the day of the event?

My YDD wants to know if you’ll be able to bring a WDW light saber into MK during the Halloween party. Am planning on asking WDW tomorrow.

And of course - May 12th I’ll be with a tour rafting on the Colorado River and I WANT TICKETS…I plan for 2 on 10/18 then solo on 10/20 and 10/21…hopefully I’ll have time/phone signal to call in. I’m going to Target tomorrow to get my RedCard discounted Gift Cards…

I’m so excited about this announcement! Coming from the UK and this is our first trip in late July / august time. Unfortunately we fly back on the 16th of August so that only leaves the first party as an option for us. Still super excited as I honestly thought I’d never have the opportunity to go to one of these parties!!

Semi-related, but with the Halloween party starting back, do we think there will still be extended evening hours at MK on Wednesdays in August? At least it's a different day of the week, but I wasn't sure about staffing overall.
I had a theory about this. I'm wondering if extended evening hours will be for HS, instead of MK during the Halloween and Christmas party months.

I have no inside info, so definitely don't take this as gospel... It struck me as odd that there was one lonely HS extended evening scheduled in amongst a sea of MK extended evening hours this spring. Why? I'm wondering if it was being tested/fine tuned for future extended evening hours. Why have MNSSHP or MVMCP compete against other late night opportunities at MK? Instead, switch extended evening hours to a different park, and make the holiday parties the only late night MK opportunity during those times. It would sell party tickets, and keep the Deluxe resort guests happy.

Im still deciding about 1st or 2nd party.

1st is more expensive but can get a boat to Wilderness lodge. But bloggers will annoy me !
2nd one is cheaper and we have to get a bus back to Boardwalk

2nd one also means I down have to move any of the days I have already booked and planed for.

Looks like I have a long wait for the bus haha !

Im still deciding about 1st or 2nd party.

1st is more expensive but can get a boat to Wilderness lodge. But bloggers will annoy me !
2nd one is cheaper and we have to get a bus back to Boardwalk

2nd one also means I down have to move any of the days I have already booked and planed for.

Looks like I have a long wait for the bus haha !

I’ve done the first party before. Everyone is trying to figure things out. Note the changes and where things moved. So it’s much easier to go a subsequent party instead. You can read the boards and blogs beforehand and know where everything is and what your must do’s are!

I’ve done the first party before. Everyone is trying to figure things out. Note the changes and where things moved. So it’s much easier to go a subsequent party instead. You can read the boards and blogs beforehand and know where everything is and what your must do’s are!

Thats my thinking too. Gives me a bit of research time once the first vlogs go live.

Might be a little bit more effort to get back to the resort. But should be a smoother night.

Also gives me $60 saving to spend on food !

I so want to surprise my sons with this. Where do we go on the MDE app to purchase the tickets? Where do we go on the computer to purchase tickets when they come out?

We will be in Disney August 2-15. My dgs is obsessed with Halloween so of course we have to go.
No choice but to go the first night so wish us luck!

I am there in Oct and the cheapest days are $159. I am not sure it is worth that unless they gave you a full meal with drinks included. For $159 all you get is seeing some of the rarer Villains and getting to fill a treat bag. A bit too much if you ask me.

Quick question…. We will be down there in August and want to go to the 1st party. I have a Disney reservation for 4 people(me, wife, 2 kids). My brother and his family will also be down there but not staying on Disney property. When I do the resort guest presale, can I buy more than just the # of people on the reservation? So could I technically purchase 8 tickets even though my reservation will only be 4 people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter