Mickey’s Mix Magic and Fantasmic Question

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Is it likely that Mickey’s Mix Magic will replace Fantasmic in 2019? Or will both be shown?

We have been saving up for our trip in late February/early March and had been budgeting for Fantasmic dining packages. Is it likely that Fantasmic will be canceled due to Mickey’s Mix Magic? If so, might their be dining packages for the new show instead? We really wanted to get the premium view at River Belle Terrace, which allows you to watch Fantasmic from your table.

Mix Magic is replacing Fireworks, not F!

They will run fireworks as part of the show on weekends but this is the solution to reduce fireworks going off every night as they have been doing for a zillion years due to neighbor complaints. Now it will just be weekends as part of the Mix Magic show

They will run fireworks as part of the show on weekends but this is the solution to reduce fireworks going off every night as they have been doing for a zillion years due to neighbor complaints. Now it will just be weekends as part of the Mix Magic show
I like that they also now have a plan of what they can do if they have to cancel the pyro due to wind. I know for the Halloween fireworks for the party that got rained on they still did the protections and music just no pyro.

While Mix Magic is replacing Fireworks and not Fantasmic!, it is entirely possible that the current dining reservations will switch to reserved seating for the fireworks instead of Fantasmic! Perhaps that's why Fantasmic! dining reservations haven't been available for 2019 yet... (unless that's changed and I missed it.)

Actually, they have a schedule of when fireworks run, when local schools are in session, they are allowed to run them on Friday and Saturday nights only, with the exception of the Christmas fireworks, those can run nightly because they can run earlier in the night due to the time change and they worked out a deal to allow it. Also, during the school year Fanstamic! can only run Friday through Sumday normally as well.

When school is out, the fireworks can and will run nightly. The point of doing this is to come up with a nighttime entertainment option when Fireworks can't run.

While Mix Magic is replacing Fireworks and not Fantasmic!, it is entirely possible that the current dining reservations will switch to reserved seating for the fireworks instead of Fantasmic! Perhaps that's why Fantasmic! dining reservations haven't been available for 2019 yet... (unless that's changed and I missed it.)
Actually, it isn't uncommon at all, the furthest out they will be available is 60 days and usually closer to 30 days out. Disneyland is a lot more relaxed about ADRs than Disney World and needing to book at half a year out.

Actually, they have a schedule of when fireworks run, when local schools are in session, they are allowed to run them on Friday and Saturday nights only, with the exception of the Christmas fireworks, those can run nightly because they can run earlier in the night due to the time change and they worked out a deal to allow it. Also, during the school year Fanstamic! can only run Friday through Sumday normally as well.

When school is out, the fireworks can and will run nightly. The point of doing this is to come up with a nighttime entertainment option when Fireworks can't run.
That’s not entirely true. The Christmas fireworks are running nightly at 9:30pm on school nights right now. And they ran together forever nightly at 9:30pm from April 13 through the end of Pixar fest. So they can run them so long as they end by 10pm.

They also ran fantasmic nightly a few years ago in the winter time when woc had a longer refurb. And just this past October it ran nightly for the entire month except on party nights.

That’s not entirely true. The Christmas fireworks are running nightly at 9:30pm on school nights right now. And they ran together forever nightly at 9:30pm from April 13 through the end of Pixar fest. So they can run them so long as they end by 10pm.

They also ran fantasmic nightly a few years ago in the winter time when woc had a longer refurb. And just this past October it ran nightly for the entire month except on party nights.

They didn't run Fantasmic nightly when I was there the end of October Sunday - Tuesday. It was not on the schedule MOnday (party ) or Tuesday(Non-party). I know cause I quickly booked us hungry bear dining package so we could see the fireworks and fantastimic in the same night( both were only available on Sunday).

They didn't run Fantasmic nightly when I was there the end of October Sunday - Tuesday. It was not on the schedule MOnday (party ) or Tuesday(Non-party). I know cause I quickly booked us hungry bear dining package so we could see the fireworks and fantastimic in the same night( both were only available on Sunday).
That Tuesday was the only non party night in October that did not have fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter