Michigan people!!!

That's so funny :). That sounds like something that would happen here.

How are you liking Kalamazoo College?

Jimmy John's also ran out of bread.

I love K so far! :cool1: I've yet to discuss the WDWCP with my advisor, but with the emphasis on internships I'm only a lil worried...

Jimmy John's also ran out of bread.

I love K so far! :cool1: I've yet to discuss the WDWCP with my advisor, but with the emphasis on internships I'm only a lil worried...

Don't worry at all. I'm sure you'll be fine. I actually just talked with my advisor about it for the first time today, and it went way better than I was expecting. She was totally supportive and thought it sounded good and like I would be able to get credit for doing it one way or another. And she thought it would not prevent me from studying abroad at all. It was so not what I was expecting, but I'm glad it seems like it'll work out. I'm sure it'll go well for you too, with K's emphasis on experiential learning (studying abroad, internships, externships). Good luck!

I am also from Michigan, Currently I had my phone interview on 10/16. I am awaiting a response, I am really hoping for Transportation or Photography.

I wouldn't be surprised if I get put in Merchandise though

Don't worry at all. I'm sure you'll be fine. I actually just talked with my advisor about it for the first time today, and it went way better than I was expecting. She was totally supportive and thought it sounded good and like I would be able to get credit for doing it one way or another. And she thought it would not prevent me from studying abroad at all. It was so not what I was expecting, but I'm glad it seems like it'll work out. I'm sure it'll go well for you too, with K's emphasis on experiential learning (studying abroad, internships, externships). Good luck!

Yat! :goodvibes That's good because I seem to remember from another thread you were worried about being able to do both.

There are also at least 2 Kalamazoo students currently on the program, which is a good sign! :cloud9:

Yat! :goodvibes That's good because I seem to remember from another thread you were worried about being able to do both.

There are also at least 2 Kalamazoo students currently on the program, which is a good sign! :cloud9:

Yes, I was extremely worried. Pretty much I envisioned walking in and them laughing at me, so this is much better.

You should definitely be okay if there are currently students on the CP. It means someone there was willing to help make it happen!

:banana: Oh my god I just check my email and drumroll..........

I'M IN. I RECEIVED MY INVITE FOR HOUSEKEEPING. IT WASN'T MY FIRST CHOICE BUT OH WELL, IM NOT MAD. IM JUST HAPPY TO FINALLY BE WORKING AT DISNEY NEXT SPRING.

:banana: Oh my god I just check my email and drumroll..........

I'M IN. I RECEIVED MY INVITE FOR HOUSEKEEPING. IT WASN'T MY FIRST CHOICE BUT OH WELL, IM NOT MAD. IM JUST HAPPY TO FINALLY BE WORKING AT DISNEY NEXT SPRING.

Congratulations sara!! :woohoo::dance3:

Another Michigander! I live in Muskegon and go to Grand Valley. I am a CP alumni and hoping for a PI, but we'll see. I'd really like to get out of here before the snow accumulates:rolleyes:

I live in Muskegon too!! But I go to MSU.

I'm planning on driving down. My dad might be coming with me, but if he can't, hopefully my bf can come. I'd much rather have a car with me (I'm 20 and FINALLY got one in august), even if I don't use it much. I just got accepted to attractions the other day, and I'm crossing my fingers that my interviewer was able to get me into AK.

Hello, fellow Michiganders! :yay:

We are in Manchester, which is a small village southwest of Ann Arbor. We drive down to Florida because plane tickets are just too costly with this many people.

To us, it's Georgia that seems to drag on and on. God bless Tennessee for being such a narrow state! It's a morale boost to get through an entire state so quickly.

It's beautiful here right now. Lots of pretty leaves on the trees... although they are rapidly falling off from this rain.

I hope that everyone has safe travels! :drive:

Hello, fellow Michiganders! :yay:

We are in Manchester, which is a small village southwest of Ann Arbor. We drive down to Florida because plane tickets are just too costly with this many people.

To us, it's Georgia that seems to drag on and on. God bless Tennessee for being such a narrow state! It's a morale boost to get through an entire state so quickly.

It's beautiful here right now. Lots of pretty leaves on the trees... although they are rapidly falling off from this rain.

I hope that everyone has safe travels! :drive:

Thank you! :goodvibes

it seems like Ohio and Georgia are the only states that are the worst to drive through because in Ohio, people just don't know how to drive :headache: and in Georgia, you're out of the mountains so there's not much to look at :bored: - and both states take so long to get through...:sad2:

Hey Everyone,
I'm from Michigan too! I'm originally from the east side of the state (Detroit area) but I go to school at Grand Valley! It's crazy to see so many people from MI going down the for CP

I'm arriving in FL Feb 8th for Spring Adv. Concierge and I'm sooo excited!! =) :yay:

Another Michigander! I live in Muskegon and go to Grand Valley. I am a CP alumni and hoping for a PI, but we'll see. I'd really like to get out of here before the snow accumulates:rolleyes:

how does the cp work there? i went on a tour and they made the CP sound like such a hassle.

im a senior right now and im trying to choose a college

Hey Everyone,
I'm from Michigan too! I'm originally from the east side of the state (Detroit area) but I go to school at Grand Valley! It's crazy to see so many people from MI going down the for CP

I'm arriving in FL Feb 8th for Spring Adv. Concierge and I'm sooo excited!! =) :yay:

another gvsu person!
how do they do the cp there?
i know at oakland university, it's really simple!

Thank you! :goodvibes

it seems like Ohio and Georgia are the only states that are the worst to drive through because in Ohio, people just don't know how to drive :headache: and in Georgia, you're out of the mountains so there's not much to look at :bored: - and both states take so long to get through...:sad2:

I agree! Ohio sucks because of the other drivers and georiga is very boring and frustrating because you are so close but so very far away.

ps i love the bored guy with the ball!:lmao: :bored:

ps #2 I love you! :hug:

Is anyone from michigan flying? Seems like everyone is driving! haha. I wish I was, but I don't think my car would make it through the trip there and back, but who knows. I'm flying in on the 5th :goodvibes

Is anyone from michigan flying? Seems like everyone is driving! haha. I wish I was, but I don't think my car would make it through the trip there and back, but who knows. I'm flying in on the 5th :goodvibes

You never know- my bf drove his car down last time and we didn't think it was going to make it since it was really old and stalled all the time, but it didn't give us a problem at all- made it all the way there, drove it every day, and made it all the way back :)

Hey I am flying too. I will be flying on Jan 12th

Well, I decided to move down to FL early! Staying with family right now.

The drive down was great...it took me only 18 hours to get from Detroit to Orlando. I left home around 3:00am and had planned to stop around the middle of Georgia...but it was only 4:00pm by the time I got there so I just kept going. So, just a tip for anyone driving...get to bed early the day before the drive and leave in the middle of the night if you can...you'll beat the early morning metro-Detroit traffic and, if traffic is pretty light, you'll miss the downtown Atlanta traffic. I was shocked that I was able to get to Orlando around 9-10 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter