Michigan people!!!

Ugh that sucks!! :headache: i'm so disappointed...:sad2:

Yeah. It was pretty pathetic. We'll see how they do Thursday against the Kings.

So, my laptop died (after 6 years, boo), and now I feel like I HAVE to drive down to Disney, so I can bring my desktop. I had wanted to drive anyway because I just feel like it'd be easier to move stuff there that way, BUT, I really don't think I can keep my car down there (can't afford it), AND, nobody wants to drive with me. So, now I am not sure what to do!

Yeah. It was pretty pathetic. We'll see how they do Thursday against the Kings.

So, my laptop died (after 6 years, boo), and now I feel like I HAVE to drive down to Disney, so I can bring my desktop. I had wanted to drive anyway because I just feel like it'd be easier to move stuff there that way, BUT, I really don't think I can keep my car down there (can't afford it), AND, nobody wants to drive with me. So, now I am not sure what to do!

Ugh that sucks!! want to buy mine? :lmao: i've been wanting to get a macbook because of software and graphics- Mine is in excellent condition- nothing is wrong with it- only got it 2 years ago and it has been treated with extreme care... :confused3

I live in South Lyon, MI but work and play in Livonia. Gotta love those Wings. I love how everyone is freaking out already because they havn't had the best start. ITS OK EVERYONE! THEY'RE THE DETROIT RED WINGS!

Anyways, Driving to and from WDW is awsome! :rotfl: The sceneary is amazing if you go through the mountians. I love driving to begin with so I do have that going for me.;) If you can't stand the 20 minute drive to work every morning youre not going to like a 16 hour drive to Florida. For those who are driving I would suggest driving at night.:thumbsup2 As DisneyPrincess89 said we will leave at night, im thinking about 8 pm and drive through the night getting us there around 12 noon the next day. I find this the best way because not only do you miss rush hour there are very few people on the roads that time of the night/ morning. Something to consider. :confused3

Anyways, Driving to and from WDW is awsome! :rotfl: The sceneary is amazing if you go through the mountians. I love driving to begin with so I do have that going for me.;) If you can't stand the 20 minute drive to work every morning youre not going to like a 16 hour drive to Florida. For those who are driving I would suggest driving at night.:thumbsup2 As DisneyPrincess89 said we will leave at night, im thinking about 8 pm and drive through the night getting us there around 12 noon the next day. I find this the best way because not only do you miss rush hour there are very few people on the roads that time of the night/ morning. Something to consider. :confused3

Are you planning on driving straight through or stopping halfway? I've done both (never alone, though) and I'm not sure if I'd make it all the way without stopping overnight around Georgia or so.

Are you planning on driving straight through or stopping halfway? I've done both (never alone, though) and I'm not sure if I'd make it all the way without stopping overnight around Georgia or so.

We are thinking about driving straight through but playing it by ear- i'm not a long distance driver so we might have to stop halfway :laughing:

I'm driving down too! I think the biggest problem is going to be the weather in January but the drive back will be nice and smooth.

That is what I am worried about as well, making the drive alone. I'm so not a long distance driver if I am by myself.. eek!

Anyone going to the Wings game on thursday?? I'll be there!! :cool1: Yay for 9 dollar tickets lol :rotfl:

AHH! I was offered (FREE) tickets to Thursdays game AND Saturdays game and I can't go to either one because I have class on Thursday and have to babysit on Saturday. I'm big time bummed! Have fun at the game!!

Though, apparently, Datsyuk and Kronwall didn't skate at practice today because of injuries. YIKES!!

And, on a computer-y note.. I want a macbook as well.. My computer that died was an ibook and my desktop is an imac. Mac all the way!

I'm a Michigander at heart ... was born in and lived the first 22 years of my life in Ann Arbor (although went to school in upstate ny).

The drive from MI to FL isn't too bad, except for that time that you have to spend in that state immediately south of Michigan. Took me about 22 hrs of driving the first time I did it (in a 24 foot rental truck), and about 19 the 2nd time (with my family)

There's a LOT of Michiganders working for WDW ... at one point, when I worked in Toontown, we had enough Michiganders to completely run the Barnstormer.

I'm a Michigander at heart ... was born in and lived the first 22 years of my life in Ann Arbor (although went to school in upstate ny).

The drive from MI to FL isn't too bad, except for that time that you have to spend in that state immediately south of Michigan. Took me about 22 hrs of driving the first time I did it (in a 24 foot rental truck), and about 19 the 2nd time (with my family)

There's a LOT of Michiganders working for WDW ... at one point, when I worked in Toontown, we had enough Michiganders to completely run the Barnstormer.

Fantastic icon :) Hockey is the best.

The drive from MI to FL isn't too bad, except for that time that you have to spend in that state immediately south of Michigan. Took me about 22 hrs of driving the first time I did it (in a 24 foot rental truck), and about 19 the 2nd time (with my family).

Ahh yes...I've heard that you have to be verrry careful watching your speed while driving through there.

Ahh yes...I've heard that you have to be verrry careful watching your speed while driving through there.

I accidently went 50 in a 35 in THAT state. And they got me :mad: Only a warning though! But still, you really gotta watch yourself. I still think I'm flying down there if I get it. But I'm nervous for check in and getting around for those first few days. I haven't been without a car since I turned 16! :confused3 Anyone need a riding partner maybe?? :rolleyes:

Today marks 7 days of waiting!! ahhhhh

Thanks Jellie!! It was AWESOME!!!! :woohoo::yay:
now we're waiting to get out of the parking garage haha we have not moved at all :sad2::rotfl:

It always takes FOREVER to get out of there! We park at Hard Rock cafe now and take the shuttle over. If you go inside Hard Rock, they will validate your parking so it is free, and the shuttle over to the Joe is free as well. We got out of the game and home MUCH quicker this way!

Am from Detroit, Michigan

I didnt know that there was this many people from Michigan doing CP

Fun fact for ya: between the Central-Western game and Kalamazoo College's homecoming weekend, college students drank the town of Kalamazoo dry.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter