Michigan DVC roll call

Howdy, we are also from Tulip Town!! Holland. We will be staying at our new home AKV for the Tulip Festival this year. My kids are bummed they don't get to march, but not too much. I gave them the choice, what do you think their answer was??:rotfl:

We will be at AKL villas from May 2nd to the 10th. Is that around when you are going? We are bummed that we didn't get to go in March this year either. May is my favorite time to go to WDW, but March is my favorite time not to be in MI. :laughing:

I think we are the only ones from Taylor south of Detroit. We have not had our first visit home yet because we used our developer points on DCL. I cannot wait until next Feb to be home.

Denise

Hello, fellow Michiganders. We should include a Michigan "fun fact" with this thread; something like, "Michigan has the most boat owners per capita of any of the 50 states", or "Iggy Pop was born in Muskegon, MI".

I am originally from Grand Rapids and my wife is from Muskegon. We currently reside in Roosevelt Park, which is a tiny suburb of Muskegon. I'll always consider G.R. my home, though.

We own points at BWV and SSR and love every minute of our DVC ownership; easily one of the best decisions we ever made.

We will be at AKL villas from May 2nd to the 10th. Is that around when you are going? We are bummed that we didn't get to go in March this year either. May is my favorite time to go to WDW, but March is my favorite time not to be in MI. :laughing:

Yes, we will be there May 2-9, just look for the crazy family with identical twin red head boys, creating chaos where ever we go!!!:rotfl: I also hate leaving MI in the spring, but boy has it been a long winter. 120 inches of snow has really left me needing some Florida sunshine. Craig James on the NBC affiliate here even mention some computer models predicate snow next week.

Yes, we will be there May 2-9, just look for the crazy family with identical twin red head boys, creating chaos where ever we go!!!:rotfl: I also hate leaving MI in the spring, but boy has it been a long winter. 120 inches of snow has really left me needing some Florida sunshine. Craig James on the NBC affiliate here even mention some computer models predicate snow next week.

:scared1: It seems like this winter just will not give up. Today is a lovely day, but my 7 year old seems to have caught the stomach flu that is going around her school so we are instead all day. :headache:

Your boys sound like they will be easy to spot. For us look for the girls with long brown hair. The little one has crazy curls, the 7 year old has stick straight hair.

Do you guys try to get out of town for the tulip like we do the dream cruise? We live right off Woodward, so it takes over. We normally go up north that weekend.

I can't wait. 2 weeks from tomorrow for us.

:scared1: It seems like this winter just will not give up. Today is a lovely day, but my 7 year old seems to have caught the stomach flu that is going around her school so we are instead all day. :headache:

Your boys sound like they will be easy to spot. For us look for the girls with long brown hair. The little one has crazy curls, the 7 year old has stick straight hair.

Do you guys try to get out of town for the tulip like we do the dream cruise? We live right off Woodward, so it takes over. We normally go up north that weekend.

I can't wait. 2 weeks from tomorrow for us.

We normally stay in town for Tulip Time, all the kid's march in Dutch Costumes in the parades with their schools. We love to go get fair food, and watch the Klompen dancers. We avoid the bid Saturday parade, we live on the North side of Holland so we aren't affected as much. This will be the 1st Tulip Time we have missed in 13 years of marriage.

We normally stay in town for Tulip Time, all the kid's march in Dutch Costumes in the parades with their schools. We love to go get fair food, and watch the Klompen dancers. We avoid the bid Saturday parade, we live on the North side of Holland so we aren't affected as much. This will be the 1st Tulip Time we have missed in 13 years of marriage.

WDW will be worth it. The 1st week of May is a great time to go. The weather is great, the crowds aren't bad and the flower and garden is great. There are even a number of fun things for kids (act projects, special play grounds, butterfly house.)

I can't wait. :cool1:

I can't believe I haven't found this thread until today! Hello to all my Michigan neighbors!

Allen Park is home for me. Been here 10 years now, and don't plan to leave any time soon. Growing up I was in Lapeer, Fenton and Davison - guess you could say I got around! :)

Anyway, I owned at BWV and I'm now at SSR and fighting off add-onitis! Our next trip will be July 4-13 for a relaxing week at SSR.

Hi neighbor! :wave2: I grew up in Allen Park and now live in Southgate. We own at SSR and will be headed down for our first trip in May. :woohoo:

Another downriver person here, Wyandotte! Our first trip home to SSR on 4/27, can't wait!

We lived in Holland for 6 years and both my girls were born there. The Tulip Festival was always a lot of fun. I loved watching the kids in their Dutch costumes and wooden shoes. The Klompen Dancers were amazing.

When we moved to Holland, I hated Tulips. By the time I left, I have to say I was converted. There are so many beautiful colors and different varieties.

I've been wanting to get back down there during Tulip Festival with my girls (who are 19 & 22 now) to show them the town they were born in.

We lived in Holland for 6 years and both my girls were born there. The Tulip Festival was always a lot of fun. I loved watching the kids in their Dutch costumes and wooden shoes. The Klompen Dancers were amazing.

When we moved to Holland, I hated Tulips. By the time I left, I have to say I was converted. There are so many beautiful colors and different varieties.

I've been wanting to get back down there during Tulip Festival with my girls (who are 19 & 22 now) to show them the town they were born in.

Its a great festival, my kids will miss it this year. But I think a week at Disney will make up for that.:thumbsup2

Ok, so we moved here last summer and we want to explore now that we are thawing out!!!!

Any suggestions for places in Michigan and Canada? We like to tent camp, cabin camp, fish, waterparks, hiking, day trips, you name it, we just like to get out and learn about where we are living.

Since this past August we've been to: CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, Sleeping Bear Dunes, a Redwings game at JLA (playoff game!!!), NAIS at COBO, Detroit Science Center, Stony Creek Metro Park and we are camping at Traverse KOA in June.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hello all. I grew up in Dexter and DH grew up in Rochester Hills. We now reside in Lansing. We love DVC!

I drive through Dexter ever day on the way to work in Ann Arbor.

We're in Howell.

:surfweb:

Ok, so we moved here last summer and we want to explore now that we are thawing out!!!!

Any suggestions for places in Michigan and Canada? We like to tent camp, cabin camp, fish, waterparks, hiking, day trips, you name it, we just like to get out and learn about where we are living.

Since this past August we've been to: CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, Sleeping Bear Dunes, a Redwings game at JLA (playoff game!!!), NAIS at COBO, Detroit Science Center, Stony Creek Metro Park and we are camping at Traverse KOA in June.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I don't know much about the places downstate. If you ever get to the Upper Peninsula I can help you out with great places. Lots of waterfalls, rivers, streams, etc. Don't forget to get to Mackinaw Island as well! Very important!

Some places downstate that I would recommend you get to. You want to get to Holland for the Tulip Festival if you can. Greenfield Village in the Detroit area is great. Frankenmuth is a wonderful place to visit as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter