• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Michelle & Steve's VR, 4-13-11 (our 20th Anniversary); Updated Today is THE Day!!

Well I picked up the earrings and bracelet yesterday. I am so in love with them! My friend did such a great job - just enough red.

And DH & I finally ordered our rings! They will be the gold ones with our names of course.
pZALE1-3378137t400.jpg

Then we realized that they may not arrive in time for our vow renewal (it's a month from today - yikes!) So we ordered these:
0063921117954_180X180.jpg

0063921117680_180X180.jpg

They are inexpensive (very inexpensive)! Mine is a cubic zirconia! Steve's is stainless steel. Shhh! It'll be "our secret". :rotfl: :lmao:

We're thinking that once we get our gold rings we'll have our parish priest bless them for us.

Tomorrow we send the BEO - which is ready to go. Except I'm now thinking about rose petals being tossed after the ceremony. I have to call Tanis (our planner) and get the cost for that. We only have 4 guests so I don't need a lot of petals! :)

After the BEO is sent...all the planning will be done pretty much. All that will be left is to pack and drive down to Disney!

I can't believe it's only one month away!!!

Thanks for following along!

I love your rings (all of them!). My dh wants me to ask where you found the ones with the names on them. :goodvibes

Michelle sweetie - Loving the rings!!! We too have some inexpensive plain gold bands for our VR. We both just wanted plain bands and with all the other expense, couldn't seem to justify buying more expensive ones which would look the same and likely be softer and less hard-wearing!! So, we went for the 9 carat ones!!
You are so close now!! Are you in panic mode yet? I am further away than you and it is starting to kick in!! I still have so much to do!!

Love the rings :thumbsup2
It's almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancer:

Less than a month away - I can't believe it! Thanks!

I love your rings (all of them!). My dh wants me to ask where you found the ones with the names on them. :goodvibes
I found them online at Zales. They cost something like $297 each. http://www.zales.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3261690&f=PAD%2FGender%2FUnisex&fbc=1&fbn=Gender%7CUnisex They had some other designs but we both really liked them the best.

Michelle sweetie - Loving the rings!!! We too have some inexpensive plain gold bands for our VR. We both just wanted plain bands and with all the other expense, couldn't seem to justify buying more expensive ones which would look the same and likely be softer and less hard-wearing!! So, we went for the 9 carat ones!!
You are so close now!! Are you in panic mode yet? I am further away than you and it is starting to kick in!! I still have so much to do!!

Joanne - panic is starting to set in! Our BEO (with payment) is due today but I have a question about one thing and want to add rose petals. I emailed my planner and of course she's out of the office all day today. So now I don't know what to do!

I can't believe it's less than a month away! I'm really looking forward to going away! I think I'll be less panicky once I get the BEO sent in. (I hope anyway!)

I'm glad you all like the rings! I really love them all too! :lovestruc I'm really hoping the ones with the names will come in before we leave so we can use them, but the sparkly ones will look cool for pictures.

I found them online at Zales. They cost something like $297 each. http://www.zales.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3261690&f=PAD%2FGender%2FUnisex&fbc=1&fbn=Gender%7CUnisex They had some other designs but we both really liked them the best.

Oh, they're ArtCarved! I never would've guessed! Thanks so much for sharing the link. My dh is just raving about the rings -- he thinks we should get them, which I think is really cute 'cuz he's so excited about them. :goodvibes

Oh, they're ArtCarved! I never would've guessed! Thanks so much for sharing the link. My dh is just raving about the rings -- he thinks we should get them, which I think is really cute 'cuz he's so excited about them. :goodvibes

Yes, they are ArtCarved. I was surprised too. My DH really likes them too (though we haven't seen them in person yet). I thought they were different and I wanted something "different". Everyone can have a plain gold (or silver) band or one with diamonds on it, but the ones with the names are unique.

So a quick update...

The BEO has been sent in (w/payment of just over $5800). I ordered (through Disney) the rose petals, and "splurged" for the little chiffon bags they come in.

I also spoke to Rev. Day. He just sounds like the cutest little ol' man! His grand-daughter works for him in his office (she answered the phone when I called). Rev. Day and I had been playing telephone tag for a few days. He wanted to go over our vows/ceremony. I had sent to him the verbiage for the ceremony and he told me I did a "great job". :cool1: So we're all set there too.

And our rings (the "silver" ones arrived yesterday)! So now I am "officially re-engaged" as Steve put it, as I am now wearing my "re-engagement ring". :rotfl: I have to say that for a ring from Walmart (for $70) it isn't that bad! It does sparkle! And actually it's bigger than my original diamond engagement ring! :lmao:

Now all that is left to do is figure out how I want the candles placed on the altar table at the WP. My friends will be decorating for us, and I told her I'd give her a diagram (or a photo) of how I wanted it. Plus I found this old pumpkin carriage that I had wanted to use years ago in a floral design but never did. Well, I've decided I "need" to include it in the decorations! So it's giving me something to think about! Which is good, since everything else seems to be done! This is really way easier than our first wedding! But then again we did EVERYTHING for our first wedding (including paying for it) and had over 150 people on the guest list (and almost everyone showed up too!)

I'll post a picture once I figure out how I think I want the altar to look like!

Thanks for reading along! I can't believe it's only a few more weeks now!!!! :woohoo:

Michelle, it sounds like you're getting the last of your details all figured out! :thumbsup2

Isn't Rev. Jack the sweetest man? And he really seems on top of everything! Jeff called him the other day to let him know about our move from DFTW to the Swan for our VR, and he was in his car driving and still knew exactly when our VR was and that I haven't sent back our ceremony yet!

And yay for being "re-engaged"! I love that! :goodvibes

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the altar. How neat that you already have a carriage to include! Those are the details that can really make things feel special and more personal. :)

Michelle sweetie - congratulations on the re-engagement!!!!
It is all going so well for you. All the little details are all coming together!!
I am so excited for you!!!
Are you going to post your ceremony. Maybe it is too personal to share, and if so, I completely understamd. It's just that I am starting to think about mine and although I am leaving the majority of it to Rev Tim, I would like some ideas about little extra things we can add to the ceremony for us to say!!

Hi Joanne! I hadn't thought about posting our ceremony (didn't know if anyone would be interested) - but I will post it. It's on my thumb-drive (which at the moment is not with this computer). I kind of took bits and pieces from what Rev. Day had sent us. I will definitely upload it when I get the thumb-drive.

Oh - I'm not sure if I told you all about the music for the ceremony. There will be an organist and a violinist; but we are also bringing a CD to play.

It will be as follows:
1. Steve will walk in to "A World of Our Own" by The Seekers (on CD).
2. We don't have a bridal party but we want "Hawaiian Wedding Song" by Andy Williams played (on CD).
3. Then I will walk down the aisle to "When You Wish upon a Star" (played by the Disney musicians).
4. We also want Paul Stookey's "There is Love/The Wedding Song" played (via CD of course) after Rev. Day does the welcome.
5. For the Recessional, Steve & I will walk out to "Fantasmic" (because I wanted something upbeat but not the bridal march).
6. At the Cake Ceremony, I want the violinist to play "Unchained Melody" (since we won't be having a "first dance" but that is "our" song).

I'll be walking down the aisle by myself (since my FIL won't be attending). His loss! :rolleyes1

Well, got to go feed our furbabies! Be back soon!

I tried to post a link but couldn't. So I'm cutting & pasting...hopefully it'll work!

(Music: As guests arrive a medley of Disney songs)
(Stephen’s entrance, with Rev. Day): “A World of Our Own” by The Seeker – provided by CD)
(Music: “Hawaiian Wedding Song” by Andy Williams – provided by CD)
(As Michelle walks down the aisle: “When You Wish Upon a Star”)
Welcome & Opening
Rev. Day:

Good relationships never stop growing. Like fine wine, they get better with age. Stephen and Michelle, you have now been married 20 years and through all the years of your journey together, you have now come to this beautiful setting, so that you could renew your vow and commitment of love for each other.

No marriage is perfect. As you continue in this union, you already know that it will continue to take a lot of love and work to keep your relationship an ongoing success.

Many couples tend to think of marriage as a 50/50 proposition. Actually, the best relationships are 90/10. If you both will give 90% and take only 10%, you will have a formula likely to continue to bring both of you happiness for a lifetime.

As you continue on your journey together, I ask you to remember this advice:
Let your love be stronger than your anger.
Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend than to break.
Believe the best of your beloved rather than the worst.
Confide in your partner and ask for help when you need it.
Remember that true friendship is the basis for any lasting relationship.
Give your spouse the same courtesies and kindnesses you bestow on your friends.
Say "I love you" every day.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be present in a surrounding…where dreams come true…Where couples unite in marriage and where others become closer friends…and, where others fall in love all over again. Thank you for Stephen and Michelle as they continue their journey through life together – please walk with them each step of the way…and give them the faith, and the wisdom, to face whatever the future may hold…in your name we pray, Amen.

(Music: “The Wedding Song” by Paul Stookey – provided by CD)
As I thought about your love story I began to search for a well defined meaning of the word love. I discovered – Love is a strong or passionate affection for someone – a strong liking and admiration for each other – love can be gentle hands touching gentle hands. Loving eyes meeting loving eyes. Words of love embracing words of love. Then it occurred to me! One of the best definitions of Love will be standing before me today, in the persons of Stephen and Michelle. You are truly an example of love – and your love is amplified by these words:

In the 13th Chapter of I Corinthians, the Apostle Paul gives a beautiful description of the type of love it takes to build a happy home:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Vows:
Rev. Day:

Stephen and Michelle, I remind you that marriage is a precious gift; a lifelong dedication to love and a daily challenge to love one another more fully and more freely.

With this understanding, do you Stephen, continue to take Michelle as your beloved wife?
Will you continue to be a tender, faithful husband?
Will you continue to love and cherish her, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, for better, and for worse, and keep yourself only unto her?

Stephen: “I do”
Rev. Day:

With this understanding, do you Michelle, continue to take Stephen as your beloved husband?
Will you continue to be a tender, faithful wife?
Will you continue to love and cherish him, in sickness and in health, for richer, and for poorer, for better, and for worse, and keep yourself only unto him?

Michelle: “I do”

If there are new rings to exchange:
Rev. Day:
The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. It is (silver, gold, platinum) signifying that your love is pure. It is an unbroken circle, signifying that your faithfulness is enduring. It is a fitting symbol of your love for and faith in each other.

As the couple exchange new rings:
Rev. Day:
Stephen, please place this ring on Michelle’s finger and repeat after me: “Michelle these things I continue to promise you: /I will continue to be faithful to you/and be honest with you. /I will continue to respect, trust and care for you. /I pledge my love and devotion to you/through the best and worst/ of what is to come/so long as we live.”
Michelle, please place this ring on Stephen’s finger and repeat after me: “Stephen, these things I continue to promise you: /I will continue to be faithful to you/and be honest with you. /I will continue to respect, trust and care for you. /I pledge my love and devotion to you/through the best and worst/ of what is to come/so long as we live.”
Rev. Day:

When you first joined hands and hearts 20 years ago, you did not know where life would take you. You promised to love, honor and cherish one another through all things. Life has surely brought you both wonderful blessings and difficult tribulations and you have faced them all together.

Let these rings serve not as locks binding you together, but as keys, unlocking the secrets of your hearts for each other to know, and thus bringing you closer together forever.
Closing
Rev. Day:

May the sun bring you new energy by day.
May the moon softly restore you by night.
May the rain wash away your worries.
And may you live the days of your lives in peace, love, and happiness.
Pronouncement:
Rev. Day:

Stephen and Michelle, having witnessed your vows of affirmation with all who are assembled here, and by the authority of love itself, I do affirm that you have expressed your desire to continue as husband and wife.
Kiss:
Rev. Day:

You may seal your vows with a kiss.
Presentation:
Rev. Day:

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present to you, once again as husband and wife: Stephen and Michelle!

Recessional: “Fantasmic”

Michelle sweetie - That is truly beautiful!!! I may pinch a couple of elements if I may!!!

Michelle sweetie - That is truly beautiful!!! I may pinch a couple of elements if I may!!!

Thanks Joanne! I worked hard on them! I didn't want it to be "too religious" since DH isn't very religious but since I'm catholic I wanted some prayer in the ceremony. Plus we wanted the Paul Stookey (from Peter, Paul & Mary fame) song "There is Love/The Wedding Song" to be played. I really wanted the words (hence why it's on CD) because I think it's the perfect fit for right after Rev. Day welcomes everyone and starts the ceremony. I decided on the song rather than a long prayer.

I know Steve & I will probably be crying by the time that song is done! We're both so sentimental and sappy that way!

And yes - feel free to "pinch" as much as you want. :)

Michelle, your ceremony is just beautiful. :flower3:

Thank you Amy! (Sorry I didn't respond sooner - been busy with work, home, and my Lions Club stuff).

OMG - it just hit me! My VR is in 2 weeks!!!:eek::woohoo::dance3: I don't know if I should be scared, excited, or...what!

Basically all is done for the planning that is. Work is keeping me busy and this week I'm at a retirement seminar (seeing what I have to look forward to in 10+ years. (I work for the Federal Government - so I'm "eligible" to retire in 10 years, but I'll loose some money; if I wait until 60 (about 14 years) then my house will be paid off AND I won't loose money. Sounds pretty good to me so far!)

Not sure if I'll have a chance to update before we leave Saturday the 9th, so I figured I'd stop in and do a quick update.

Got some packing done this weekend - basically the gift bags, our wedding outfits, jewelry, rings, copy of our marriage license, DFTW stuff (contract...etc.), camera, video camera, and SD cards have all been packed. The car is basically ready too with DH's scooter, wheelchair, cane, and one walker (we have 2).

I still have to pack our "play" clothes - and that should be done on Thursday. I'm taking off that day b/c hubby has a cardiologist appt that morning. He needs to have an EKG and a stress test before going to the dentist (to have his last wisdom tooth pulled). Now he won't be going to the dentist until after we get back to Disney, but this is the only time he could see the cardiologist. He told me he won't have the stress test done b/c he doesn't want to take any chances of screwing up our VR & vacation. (The last time he had a stress test he ended up in the hospital with a quintuple bypass - that was 2008). :sad2:

I also went had my hair trimmed and highlighted AND colored! I really like it - even though it cost me over $100! Thursday I'm getting a manicure & a pedicure.

Four more days of work and then vacation! Still don't know if Congress will pass a budget by Friday. If they don't - I (and the Federal Government will be on furlough). I'd love to have a "free" vacation (not use my vacation leave) but I would like to have the money! There is talk that if we are furloughed then we won't be reimbursed our paychecks. Not my idea of fun! But I'll be in the happiest place in the world - so I most likely won't think about it until I get home!

Take care everyone!

Not sure if I'll have a chance to update before we leave Saturday the 9th, so I figured I'd stop in and do a quick update.

Got some packing done this weekend - basically the gift bags, our wedding outfits, jewelry, rings, copy of our marriage license, DFTW stuff (contract...etc.), camera, video camera, and SD cards have all been packed. The car is basically ready too with DH's scooter, wheelchair, cane, and one walker (we have 2).

I still have to pack our "play" clothes - and that should be done on Thursday. I'm taking off that day b/c hubby has a cardiologist appt that morning. He needs to have an EKG and a stress test before going to the dentist (to have his last wisdom tooth pulled). Now he won't be going to the dentist until after we get back to Disney, but this is the only time he could see the cardiologist. He told me he won't have the stress test done b/c he doesn't want to take any chances of screwing up our VR & vacation. (The last time he had a stress test he ended up in the hospital with a quintuple bypass - that was 2008). :sad2:

I also went had my hair trimmed and highlighted AND colored! I really like it - even though it cost me over $100! Thursday I'm getting a manicure & a pedicure.

Four more days of work and then vacation! Still don't know if Congress will pass a budget by Friday. If they don't - I (and the Federal Government will be on furlough). I'd love to have a "free" vacation (not use my vacation leave) but I would like to have the money! There is talk that if we are furloughed then we won't be reimbursed our paychecks. Not my idea of fun! But I'll be in the happiest place in the world - so I most likely won't think about it until I get home!

Take care everyone!

Wow -- you've been busy Michelle! Sorry to hear that Steve's got to deal with those cardiac issues...stress tests scare me no end and I dread the day I finally get sent for one. It seems so many people either get bad news or flat-out have heart issues right after having them! I hope his EKG is fine and that last extraction goes okay, too. :goodvibes

$100 for a cut and color you love is definitely worth it, especially before such a special event. Gotta look great in all those pictures! :thumbsup2

I'll be sending you good thoughts that you don't end up without a paycheck ... not something you want to have to worry about on vacation! But as you said, you'll be having a lovely trip so hopefully you won't think about it too much. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter