• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Michael's 50% off Coupon

PigletsPal

<font color=darkgreen>Lives in HURRICANE ALLEY<br>
Wow, what a nice surprise in the mail on Fri when I saw the sale paper had a Michael's and Rag shop 50% off coupon. I went to Rag shop and bought the Sizzix machine for $42 and went to Michael's and bought a tag set for $6.50. :cool1:

So what did everyone else buy???

My Michael's had a 60% off coupon. Never saw that before.

I purchased a 50 pack of cards for my upcoming Halloween Party with my Mom's group.

I bought one of the Sizzlet alphabet sets with both upper and lower case, numbers and punctuation. It was regularly $149.00. I got it for half price.

I bought the Creative Clips and Fonts CD, but when I went to take it out of the packaging, I accidentally snapped the CD in half! I still can't believe I did that! Of course, the CD is worthless now. What a waste of a good 50% off coupon!

Minnie&Mickey said:
I bought the Creative Clips and Fonts CD, but when I went to take it out of the packaging, I accidentally snapped the CD in half! I still can't believe I did that! Of course, the CD is worthless now. What a waste of a good 50% off coupon!

I'd seriously consider taking it back! I'm not advocating trying the "cheat" the store for something you broke, but do you have any idea how hard it is to break a CD usually?!?!?

When I worked I was involved with testing new software products. The products were most often sent on CD and not all companies wanted them returned. We had to destroy them after a year. Rarely was someone able to simply snap one in half! Even putting them on the edge of a table to break it wasn't always successful!!

What I'm saying is it sounds like it was already damaged before you got it.

piratesmate said:
What I'm saying is it sounds like it was already damaged before you got it.
Ugh, I probably should have thought about that. I thought it was pretty weird that I would break the CD since I work as the tech support person for a local school. I am taking disks out of the packaging all the time at work, and have never broken one. I'll have to look around and see if I can find the receipt. Does anyone know what their return policy is as far as time? I'm leaving for WDW first thing in the morning, so I won't be able to try to return it until the weekend.

My Mikes is pretty lenient about stuff like that, but I don't know their "official" policy. I seriously doubt that a week is too long, though. It's probably at least 30 days.

I had a 60% off coupon also.... but nothing appealed to me. Trying to keep on some kind of budget, so a new Sizzlets alphabet was out of the question. I ended up buying a copy of this month's Creating Keepsakes. Oh well......P

Minnie&Mickey said:

It must have been cracked. I'd take it back. Do you know how hard it is to break a cd?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter