• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Michael Eisner on former colleagues

Interesting article. Especially for what it DOESN'T mention. Like, ESPN (only mentioned as being "brought in") and theme parks.

I guess these guys really measure themselves and each other by what movies they make and how much their movies earn ... and no matter how much other operations earn (or lose) they hardly rate.

I guess these guys really measure themselves and each other by what movies they make and how much their movies earn ... and no matter how much other operations earn (or lose) they hardly rate.

The Hollywood Reporter is one of the oldest trade "magazines" covering the entertainment industry. It was founded back in the early 1930s. Although they have tried to expand their reach through various methods, the core audience is people directly connected to film and television (and to a lesser extend to music and theatre). It's a place that reports a star or major director changing agencies as a news story.

In a way, you're correct. Most of the people that regularly read the Hollywood Reporter don't care at all about how much Disney or Universal make off of theme parks. But, I'm certain Michael Eisner does/did care. Who knows...perhaps he mentioned theme parks somewhere during that hour and 27 minute interview that's posted with the article. More likely: He simply didn't talk about theme parks because he knew the people reading wouldn't care.

Anyway, that's my take on things. I'm tangentially connected to the entertainment industry. I've worked on three TV shows and several pilots that have been shot here in South Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter