Michael Douglas as Liberace

Uncle Remus

Raconteur / can't name 'em Jeb
In the HBO film Behind the Candelabra, gawd, after just a few minutes it was hard to remember it was Michael Douglas and not Liberace.

130524_BROW_LiberaceComposite.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg

I wish I had HBO!! I have no idea why, but this show looks completely fascinating to me!! LOL

Both Michael Douglas and Matt Damon were excellent. I switched channels when Liberace dropped Scott for the new guy. It was too soap operaish and bored me.

I really enjoyed this film! The decay of Scott and his character kept my interest, despite my skeptical thoughts towards Matt Damon in the beginning. Michael Douglas' performance was moving, never thought he'd be playing Liberace, and it was a wonderful surprise.

Both Michael Douglas and Matt Damon were excellent. I switched channels when Liberace dropped Scott for the new guy. It was too soap operaish and bored me.

That's when I called it quits, too.

Just read earlier today that Liberace's mother was played by Debbie Reynolds, didn't catch that during the movie, now I'm gonna have to watch this movie a 3rd time. :lmao:

My favorite scene is still the one where the plastic surgeon (Rob Lowe) is telling Liberace and Scott how he can re-do Scott's face, Rob Lowe was hilarious. :happytv:

The casting was hysterical, many of the supporting cast were so transformed physically that you didn't recognize them. I didn't recognize that Aykroyd was playing Seymour until almost the end of the show!

The casting was hysterical, many of the supporting cast were so transformed physically that you didn't recognize them. I didn't recognize that Aykroyd was playing Seymour until almost the end of the show!

Me either, it wasn't until I recognized his voice when he was talking to Scott (Matt Damon) through the door. Course, I was really fixated on voices in that movie, my gosh, anytime I think Michael Douglas now, I hear Liberace. :rotfl:

Yes. Rob Lowe had me cracking up!

That look on his face! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter