Miami Transfer

Ginger30

Earning My Ears
I have not been on forum for awhile. Can someone please help or guide me to where I would get info. on Disney transfers from airport to port in Miami? Is it best to arrive a day before cruise? Where is a good place to stay over night? Transportation? Thanks for helping!!!

We are just off the Wonder in Miami. We took a cab to and from the airport to our hotel, it was about a 15 minute ride and about $20 for the 4 of us. Airport to port is about 15-20 minutes and a standard $24 fare.

We stayed at the Miami Intercontinental, which is in downtown Miami and about a 10 minute cab ride to the port. We liked the hotel a lot and our room had a nice view of the port and the Wonder while it was docked.

We were on the wonder out of Miami a month ago. We stayed at an Embasy Suites. They had a shuttle to pick up from the airport and we chose a cruise package that included a shuttle to the port the next morning. It also came with a full cooked breakfast.
We always fly in the day before. There might not be delays for weather expected but it very well may be mechanical or personel that is delaying your flight. Not on the Ship in time and Mickey will leave without you.:hippie:

Do not use Miami Executive Shuttle! We paid 120.00 dollars for round trip transfers and they NEVER SHOWED UP! We called and called and got their Voicemail, left message after message and they never returned out call. After the cruise, I tried repeatedly to contact them but they would not return our calls. They were recommended by Triple A, so we thought we were dealing with a reputable service.

Do not use Miami Executive Shuttle! We paid 120.00 dollars for round trip transfers and they NEVER SHOWED UP! We called and called and got their Voicemail, left message after message and they never returned out call. After the cruise, I tried repeatedly to contact them but they would not return our calls. They were recommended by Triple A, so we thought we were dealing with a reputable service.

Next voicemail you leave, tell them your next call is to your attorney or to their local news investigation team. Businesses usually take care of the situation right away after that.

I second the cab from MIA. We had a group of 6 and took a cab with no problems.

One thing to remember is that the rate from the Port to the Airport is a flat rate (around $25.00 if memory serves me correctly) if you end up taking that route.

We have just returned from Wonder Cruise. When we arrived at Miami we stayed in Crowne Plaza Miami Airport and booked a poolside room. Morning of cruise we relaxed around the pool and took taxi to port. On return from cruise we again took taxi at $25 for our party. Very easy and absolutely no problems.
Shuttles were offering transfer to airport at $10 per person. Disney was $20 per person. Taxi is so much easier as we have learned by experience - you are not waiting for shuttles to fill or unload at the airport.
Very easy check in for our cruise - very well organised by Disney staff.

I would definitely say go the cab route as well since there is a set rate and it would be a lot cheaper than transfers. Just make sure you clarify the price beforehand as we have had some negative experiences.

The first cab ride from the airport to our hotel in south beach the driver told my husband the price was $85!!! My husband said "$85?" and the cab driver didn't correct him. Luckily, i overheard and said i know its a set price at $35! (i do all the research and didn't inform DH about the price before we left to airport). THe driver was totally trying to rip us off.

Then on the way from our Sheraton Fort Lauderdale to the airport the doorman flagged down a shuttle for us (even though we asked him to call us a TAXI van) and said it would be $20 to the airport flat fee for the 4 of us. We thought that sounds fine but when we got to the airport the driver said no, it is actually $25. We would have tipped $5 anyways but since he said it was $25 we didn't pay more than that.

THe amount of dishonesty can just leave a really bad impression and sour taste in your mouth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter