Miami or FLL hotel help

luxlvr

Mouseketeer
We are cruising on the Wonder out of Miami and want a nice hotel before and after to start and continue the vacay vibes. I haven’t been to Miami in years and can’t remember where to stay. Any suggestions for us? We’d love a pool and the ability to get to the beach at some point.
TIA!

We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago. We flew in the day before and stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis. It is downtown by the bay. Our girls were ok with a hotel w/ a pool vs. beach. We liked the hotel a lot. We were a block away from a great Whole Foods store, so we grabbed a late lunch and picked up 3 bottles of wine to carry on board. The hotel had a game room and we did virtual bowling(very strange and harder than regular bowling!) Later on we walked along the bay and up to Bayside Market where we got drinks and something to eat while watching all the boats. We never made it to the pool but it looked nice. DH and I went to the fitness room which was very nice. It was a short Uber ride the next morning to get to the port.
We had considered the Stanton, which Disney uses, but it was pretty pricey. Because we got to MIA in the afternoon and it was windy, I doubt we would have gone to the beach so for us, this hotel worked out perfectly.

We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago. We flew in the day before and stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis. It is downtown by the bay. Our girls were ok with a hotel w/ a pool vs. beach. We liked the hotel a lot. We were a block away from a great Whole Foods store, so we grabbed a late lunch and picked up 3 bottles of wine to carry on board. The hotel had a game room and we did virtual bowling(very strange and harder than regular bowling!) Later on we walked along the bay and up to Bayside Market where we got drinks and something to eat while watching all the boats. We never made it to the pool but it looked nice. DH and I went to the fitness room which was very nice. It was a short Uber ride the next morning to get to the port.
We had considered the Stanton, which Disney uses, but it was pretty pricey. Because we got to MIA in the afternoon and it was windy, I doubt we would have gone to the beach so for us, this hotel worked out perfectly.

Thank you so much for this info! That helps a lot! Thank you. I think mine would be fine with a pool too!

We always enjoy the Hyatt Regency. It too, is close to the Whole Foods downtown. It is on the river so you can watch the them raise and lower the bridge for boats. You can also take the MetroMover directly from the hotel to places around town. It was fun. One of the routes take you to Bayside Marketplace and another one to the mall (Brickell Centre). It was fun just to ride.

We stay at The Marlin in Miami Beach. The beach is a block or two over, but it's incredible. The rooms are great.

We just got back last night from our cruise. We stayed at The Palms. It's a little further from downtown but it has a great relaxing atmosphere. Nice pool with Tiki bar and a beautiful little walkway through a gate by the pool opens up to the beach and the boardwalk that goes to south beach. It has a very tropical carribean feel more so than other Miami hotels. We also got a free room upgrade which was nice! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

We just got back last night from our cruise. We stayed at The Palms. It's a little further from downtown but it has a great relaxing atmosphere. Nice pool with Tiki bar and a beautiful little walkway through a gate by the pool opens up to the beach and the boardwalk that goes to south beach. It has a very tropical carribean feel more so than other Miami hotels. We also got a free room upgrade which was nice! Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Thank you!! This place looks great! Do you know if you could walk to restaurants? We want to hit up Joes Stone Crab at least once!

Thank you!! This place looks great! Do you know if you could walk to restaurants? We want to hit up Joes Stone Crab at least once!
Im not sure how close it is to Joes. When I stayed there a few years ago with friends we did walk to the main strip of south beach. Seems like it was a good 15-20 min walk but it's been a while. This time we just enjoyed the hotel pool and ate at their restaurant Essensia. I wasn't expecting a lot but have to say it was really a great dinner! My husband had huge scallops and I had a fish special that were both amazing. We were pleasantly surprised. When I had questions prior to booking the concierge was really kind and helpful so they may have some info on how close a walk or cab ride it would be to Joes and other area attractions you may be interested in. Just FYI if you book sign up for the I prefer rewards and ask about a room upgrade. Know it's not guaranteed but we booked garden view and were upgraded to superior ocean view which was beautiful! The rooms are on the smaller side and don't have a balcony but the view was spectacular and for 1 night prior to a cruise it definitely met our needs. On another note, if you need transportation I can't recommend Larry's Limo enough! We priced out shuttles, uber, renting a car, and private car services. They were comparable to all the rest and were the only place we called that didn't seem confused by needing transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to port, and port back to airport. They even sent limos for us even though we only paid for a private car. They were on time through every step and made all the transitions soooo easy. Hope you have a great trip!

Im not sure how close it is to Joes. When I stayed there a few years ago with friends we did walk to the main strip of south beach. Seems like it was a good 15-20 min walk but it's been a while. This time we just enjoyed the hotel pool and ate at their restaurant Essensia. I wasn't expecting a lot but have to say it was really a great dinner! My husband had huge scallops and I had a fish special that were both amazing. We were pleasantly surprised. When I had questions prior to booking the concierge was really kind and helpful so they may have some info on how close a walk or cab ride it would be to Joes and other area attractions you may be interested in. Just FYI if you book sign up for the I prefer rewards and ask about a room upgrade. Know it's not guaranteed but we booked garden view and were upgraded to superior ocean view which was beautiful! The rooms are on the smaller side and don't have a balcony but the view was spectacular and for 1 night prior to a cruise it definitely met our needs. On another note, if you need transportation I can't recommend Larry's Limo enough! We priced out shuttles, uber, renting a car, and private car services. They were comparable to all the rest and were the only place we called that didn't seem confused by needing transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to port, and port back to airport. They even sent limos for us even though we only paid for a private car. They were on time through every step and made all the transitions soooo easy. Hope you have a great trip!
Thank you!!! Deciding between renting a car and getting a service was the next thing on my list! I have PTSD from the last time we got a service from PC and he was an hour and a half late and said it was to be expected with entering and exiting the Port. We were on our way to WDW and my kids were bouncing off the walls standing on the sidewalk. It was a nightmare and I’m not sure I want to wait on someone else again. How is Larry’s with timeliness?

We are cruising on the Wonder out of Miami and want a nice hotel before and after to start and continue the vacay vibes. I haven’t been to Miami in years and can’t remember where to stay. Any suggestions for us? We’d love a pool and the ability to get to the beach at some point.
TIA!

My family and I are fans of Fort Lauderdale (much more than Miami). We have recently stayed at the Marriott BeachPlace Towers in Fort Lauderdale. The hotel has a nice pool and is ocean front. It's all suites so you can stay there for a few days, the kitchen is fully equipped and you can do laundry. The hotel is surrounded with nice restaurants, there's a Haagen Dazs store at the bottom of the hotel and a cvs if you need something.

Do you have any kids? I'm wondering how you go about booking here if the max amount of kids/ room is 1? I have 3. We love this hotel but it might not love us back. :)

Thank you!!! Deciding between renting a car and getting a service was the next thing on my list! I have PTSD from the last time we got a service from PC and he was an hour and a half late and said it was to be expected with entering and exiting the Port. We were on our way to WDW and my kids were bouncing off the walls standing on the sidewalk. It was a nightmare and I’m not sure I want to wait on someone else again. How is Larry’s with timeliness?
Oh my gosh how terrible! I'd have PTSD too! They were great! Arrived at our correct baggage claim within 5 min. of us walking up and helped get our luggage, picked us up right on the dot the next day to head to the port, and even accommodated us and arrived earlier than we scheduled on debarkation morning. It was our first cruise so we didn't realize how the whole process worked. Once we realized we would be off the ship earlier than the time we scheduled we called them at 7:30 am and asked if they could come an hour earlier and they did. We waited maybe 10 min outside the port before they came. They answer their phones 24/7 so it was nice to be able to change it last min.

Do you have any kids? I'm wondering how you go about booking here if the max amount of kids/ room is 1? I have 3. We love this hotel but it might not love us back. :)
Thats so weird I didn't notice that on booking! We have 2 crazy boys. We had a king room with a sleeper sofa. When I stayed years ago with friends we had a corner room that had a king bed with a sleeper sofa but was a huge oversized room that could fit a cot if they allow that. I was worried we would be too noisy for the pool but there were other kids playing there too. There were a lot of couples relaxing so we tried to have our boys do their cannonballs away from them! Ha! Theres a little gazebo thing with 2 parrots ( one says hello) that my boys loved seeing. It's near where you get towels.

Oh my gosh how terrible! I'd have PTSD too! They were great! Arrived at our correct baggage claim within 5 min. of us walking up and helped get our luggage, picked us up right on the dot the next day to head to the port, and even accommodated us and arrived earlier than we scheduled on debarkation morning. It was our first cruise so we didn't realize how the whole process worked. Once we realized we would be off the ship earlier than the time we scheduled we called them at 7:30 am and asked if they could come an hour earlier and they did. We waited maybe 10 min outside the port before they came. They answer their phones 24/7 so it was nice to be able to change it last min.
Okay, you sold me on them!! Thanks!

Thats so weird I didn't notice that on booking! We have 2 crazy boys. We had a king room with a sleeper sofa. When I stayed years ago with friends we had a corner room that had a king bed with a sleeper sofa but was a huge oversized room that could fit a cot if they allow that. I was worried we would be too noisy for the pool but there were other kids playing there too. There were a lot of couples relaxing so we tried to have our boys do their cannonballs away from them! Ha! Theres a little gazebo thing with 2 parrots ( one says hello) that my boys loved seeing. It's near where you get towels.
I'm going to call to see if they might do it differently over the phone. I really love this place and would love to add it to the stay. Thanks again!

My 2 favs: South beach for walkability and variety of activities like beach,bike riding on boardwalk, and dining options.I prefer to stay on beach near Lincoln Road Mall, but just off beach is fine too. And it's history is fascinating!!!
Boca Raton Resort is my absolute fav for families. The beach club is a boat or shuttle ride away .The grounds and history are spectacular . This resort is north of ffffFt. Lauderdale though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter