Miami Hotels refered by DCL and/or Best Miami hotel for cruise

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Has anybody ever booked a pre-cruise hotel in Miami through DCL?

If so, how much did you pay (did you get a special offer for it) and what are the suggested hotels? (If there is a list, I would like to know which hotels are on it).

I would like to do a little research to pick the best value.

Thanks in advance!

:woohoo:

EDIT: I could also use suggestions for a good hotel (airport shuttle/close to the Port would be awesome)...

Hi!

Has anybody ever booked a pre-cruise hotel in Miami through DCL?

If so, how much did you pay (did you get a special offer for it) and what are the suggested hotels? (If there is a list, I would like to know which hotels are on it).

I would like to do a little research to pick the best value.

Thanks in advance!

:woohoo:

EDIT: I could also use suggestions for a good hotel (airport shuttle/close to the Port would be awesome)...

I did ask our travel agent for a price quote for our family ( 5 people) and the price was crazy!! It was between $900-$1,200 for one night because we would need two rooms. :eek: I have done some research and right now we are looking at Comfort Suites Miama Airport North, Homewood Suites Airport Blue Lagoon, and the Hampton Inn Suites- Miami Airport South. The Comfort Suites has a free shuttle from the airport and to the port, plus free breakfast.

Yes, I know it's hard to find anything under 400$/night. I was hoping DCL could have some kind of special offer...

We stayed at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North in February of last year. Their shuttle picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel. Then we booked our shuttle to the port for the cruise morning when we got to the hotel. Shuttle was included in the price of the hotel. Cruise morning their was a guy from a taxi company selling taxis from the port to the airport on the day we were getting off the ship for $35. We booked this as we are a family of 5 and that was a good price for a cab ride to the airport. It was a great service. Just keep their voucher with you and meet in their spot after getting off the ship and you are good to go. Comfort suites was very affordable. We are a family of 5 and it was a good price as it included a decent breakfast too. I can't remember the exact price, but I think it was around the $200 mark. Maybe a little less. Great price when you factor in 2 shuttles and breakfast!! We would definitely stay there again if we sail out of Miami again. :)

Just checked their website and a room for five people (2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper) is around $210. Good price!!

I just looked it up. I kept the info just in case. It's not expensive at all. Thanks !

Although I would like to experience South Beach, I know it is very expensive.

We stayed at the Comfort Suites last week, got an advance price of 152. Double beds and a sofa bed. Computers downstairs were slow to load anything and we didn't have our tablets or laptops to try out the wifi. Breakfast was good as was front desk and shuttle service.
With the location of the hotel there is a good variety of places to eat or buy snacks and drinks. There is a gas station/variety store beside that we used to gas up the rental car before driving it back to the airport.
We flew into FLL and drove to Miami. The rental return is easy but the long walkway back to the terminal is not. You have to get yourself to concourse E on level 2 and if you use the courtesy phone to contact the hotel it cuts out really bad. You are further off to use your own phone to call. After that just wait for the shuttle and hope it's not full when it drives by. By the time we made it back to the hotel we had been gone nearly 2 hours. If I hadn't had my 13 year old son with me I would have just walked back to the hotel in a bout 30 minutes.
I would stay there again

I DO NOT recommend the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon....horrible customer service. We stayed there before we cruised, and it was not the smooth and easy hotel experience we were expecting!

But what are the hotels choices provided by DCL?

On the website it says we can call them (but we are more than a year in advance. I won't call now).

We stayed at the Comfort Suites last week, got an advance price of 152. Double beds and a sofa bed. Computers downstairs were slow to load anything and we didn't have our tablets or laptops to try out the wifi. Breakfast was good as was front desk and shuttle service.
With the location of the hotel there is a good variety of places to eat or buy snacks and drinks. There is a gas station/variety store beside that we used to gas up the rental car before driving it back to the airport.
We flew into FLL and drove to Miami. The rental return is easy but the long walkway back to the terminal is not. You have to get yourself to concourse E on level 2 and if you use the courtesy phone to contact the hotel it cuts out really bad. You are further off to use your own phone to call. After that just wait for the shuttle and hope it's not full when it drives by. By the time we made it back to the hotel we had been gone nearly 2 hours. If I hadn't had my 13 year old son with me I would have just walked back to the hotel in a bout 30 minutes.
I would stay there again

Hi, would you mind telling me how long the drive was from FLL to Miami? In March we have a cruise booked out of Miami, but we fly into FLL. We're trying to figure out whether we cab it to Miami, rent a car and drive to Miami and stay in a hotel that has shuttle service to the Port or stay at a hotel in FLL that has shuttle servive to the Miami Port.
We've also left out of PC, so this is new to us!

Two years ago when we sailed out of Miami, I booked hotel and transportation through DCL. They didn't give me a choice - we stayed at the JW Marriott downtown Miami. I'm sorry I don't remember the cost though.

I'm not sure if it's offered through Disney, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn right by the port. I got a AAA rate of $197 and it was great. We could see the ship from our window when we woke up that morning. I want to say I booked it pretty early 6-8 months in advance. They don't have a shuttle, the taxi was $14 for 4 to the port.

I'm not sure if it's offered through Disney, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn right by the port. I got a AAA rate of $197 and it was great. We could see the ship from our window when we woke up that morning. I want to say I booked it pretty early 6-8 months in advance. They don't have a shuttle, the taxi was $14 for 4 to the port.

We are cruising out of Miami in October and this is where we are booked.

Hi, would you mind telling me how long the drive was from FLL to Miami? In March we have a cruise booked out of Miami, but we fly into FLL. We're trying to figure out whether we cab it to Miami, rent a car and drive to Miami and stay in a hotel that has shuttle service to the Port or stay at a hotel in FLL that has shuttle servive to the Miami Port.
We've also left out of PC, so this is new to us!

As long as you're out of rush hour you can drive it in about a half hour at most. I think the gps said it was about 40 k's. In rush hour it's almost identical to being on the 401 after work. It's a very easy drive. Go north out of FLL on US1 to the u turn and turn back south. At Stirling turn right ( Walgreens and ihop ) follow it to I95. Stay in the outer lanes. The 2 inner lanes are electronic toll roads, cheaper than 407 but not worth it unless you have a sunpass...my opinion only here. Exit at 62A and turn left onto #7, drive south until #36. That's the main road past the airport on the far side and has a lot of hotels. You can stay on I95 to 112 but that's a toll road. I had a hard time finding this information but it's about the best way to get back and forth between FLL and MIA.
Plus, check prices. I got a Corolla from Budget through my air miles so it cost me 10 dollars and for return to FLL I had a Chrysler 200 from Alamo for 17 dollars from a sale they were having.
Another option is taking the train, Florida version of our GO trains. Right at FLL but takes you to downtown MIA so you need to bus it to the airport and hotel. Probably not the best option if you have kids but you can research it for yourself. A lot of people used SAS shuttle. I think they were 15 per person each way
Hope some of this helped LOL

Two years ago when we sailed out of Miami, I booked hotel and transportation through DCL. They didn't give me a choice - we stayed at the JW Marriott downtown Miami. I'm sorry I don't remember the cost though.

Oooohhhh I love the JW Marriott Brand. :cool1:

As long as you're out of rush hour you can drive it in about a half hour at most. I think the gps said it was about 40 k's. In rush hour it's almost identical to being on the 401 after work. It's a very easy drive. Go north out of FLL on US1 to the u turn and turn back south. At Stirling turn right ( Walgreens and ihop ) follow it to I95. Stay in the outer lanes. The 2 inner lanes are electronic toll roads, cheaper than 407 but not worth it unless you have a sunpass...my opinion only here. Exit at 62A and turn left onto #7, drive south until #36. That's the main road past the airport on the far side and has a lot of hotels. You can stay on I95 to 112 but that's a toll road. I had a hard time finding this information but it's about the best way to get back and forth between FLL and MIA.
Plus, check prices. I got a Corolla from Budget through my air miles so it cost me 10 dollars and for return to FLL I had a Chrysler 200 from Alamo for 17 dollars from a sale they were having.
Another option is taking the train, Florida version of our GO trains. Right at FLL but takes you to downtown MIA so you need to bus it to the airport and hotel. Probably not the best option if you have kids but you can research it for yourself. A lot of people used SAS shuttle. I think they were 15 per person each way
Hope some of this helped LOL

Thank-you so much, helps a whole bunch!!

After your 1st few sentences I realized you are from Canada as well, and not too far from me! I'm actually from Whitby (Brooklin) but I always put Toronto cause its more known.

I really appreciate all your detailed information and it will come in very handy!

Cheers! :) :)

I wasn't able to find a room online for my date at the Comfort Suites North. But I called the main number and gushed over their reputation with Disney cruisers and I got a great rate for that date!

I'm so glad I found this thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter