Miami Hotel

Thanks for this thread. Reading what's here and following along. We are flying into FLL two days before but will arrive at midnight that night so we are going to just stay really close to the hotel that night, but would like to transfer to the beach or close to ship the next morning and enjoy our day in Miami so we are trying to decide where to stay and logistics of getting from FLL airport hotel to another one for the second night.

Are you guys on the Nov 29th cruise? If so, that is our cruise as well.

Yes, we are on that cruise and starting to get excited (and plan some more) as it finally draws nearer. We are Disney fanatics and DVC members, but this is our first cruise.

I have a question for those who booked the Intercontinental Downtown Miami via Hotwire. The hotel that comes up at the top of the list of Hot Rate Hotels when I search for hotels in Miami, FL says "Downtown Miami area hotel," has a 4.5 rating, and is $85/night. Is that the Intercontinental? If I click on the "Hotels" tab, I can see the names of the hotels, but the price for the Intercontinental isn't much cheaper than what I can get on their web site if I'm willing to pay in advance and lose the ability to cancel. I currently have a bay view room with two double beds booked directly through Intercontinental. While I love knowing what our bed situation and view will be, the savings offered by Hotwire is definitely tempting!

That was what I saw as well in the search results. I took the plunge and booked and it was the Intercontinental. I figured anywhere in that shaded area would really be fine. I had a nice bay view room booked at the Holiday Inn and while it would have been nice to wake up and see the Magic sitting there beckoning us, it wasn't worth an extra $50 to me. We'll be on board her soon enough. ;)

That was what I saw as well in the search results. I took the plunge and booked and it was the Intercontinental. I figured anywhere in that shaded area would really be fine. I had a nice bay view room booked at the Holiday Inn and while it would have been nice to wake up and see the Magic sitting there beckoning us, it wasn't worth an extra $50 to me. We'll be on board her soon enough. ;)

We just got the Holiday Inn Port of Miami on Hotwire for $131 a night....guess I should have checked here first lol.

There is never a guarantee with the Hotwire hot rates but if you go to the better bidding website, you can compare amenities and typically figure it out. In this case, the possible hotels for a 4.5 star downtown Miami are Intercontinental, Contad, 4 Seasons, and JW Marriot Marquis. I'm going to guess yours is the IC but honestly $85 for any of those is a steal!

Thank you! I just bit the bullet and booked, and I got the Intercontinental! I will now happily cancel my $289 reservation. :-)

We went ahead and booked as well. Got 2 rooms at the Intercontinental for $208 for one night before our cruise. Pretty excited!

We stayed at Hampton Inn at Blue Lagoon. I did a LOT of research of where to stay-they have free airport shuttle, free hot breakfast (which was good), nice pool and close to Walgreens and grocery store. Staff was wonderful and room was great. Had no problems and would stay again.

Uber is a company that hires drivers who use their private vehicles to transport you. You use their app to schedule pickup and they typically show up right away. When you sign up, you input your CC info so no money changes hands. The drivers we have had have been great! It's cheaper than a taxi and the shuttle as well...I think it will be around $25 total to Uber from FLL to Miami.

Uber is a company that hires drivers who use their private vehicles to transport you. You use their app to schedule pickup and they typically show up right away. When you sign up, you input your CC info so no money changes hands. The drivers we have had have been great! It's cheaper than a taxi and the shuttle as well...I think it will be around $25 total to Uber from FLL to Miami.

Uber has not been available in Broward county (FLL) for the past couple months, but I read that the county rules might be changing so they will come back.
I hope so!

Uber has not been available in Broward county (FLL) for the past couple months, but I read that the county rules might be changing so they will come back.
I hope so!

Well that's a bummer! I wasn't aware...thank you! We may need a new plan!

Well that's a bummer! I wasn't aware...thank you! We may need a new plan!

When do you sail? I'm hoping Broward country will relax their rules and Uber will be back by the time we sail in December.

Then there is the challenge that sometimes Uber and Lyft aren't allowed on airport property.

We are staying at Holiday Inn Port of Miami on Biscayne which is very close to the port. The rate was $150/night. What's your budget?

We just got a deal to get in for around 190 for our upcoming cruise. Really liked this hotel the last time we stayed there, only bummer was the glacial elavators. Was really convenient for getting to the port and the open air mall across the street was nice too. Was really neat to wake up and see the Magic in port out our window the last time we went, fingers crossed that we get a port view again:)

When do you sail? I'm hoping Broward country will relax their rules and Uber will be back by the time we sail in December.

Then there is the challenge that sometimes Uber and Lyft aren't allowed on airport property.

End of November

We stayed at Hampton Inn at Blue Lagoon. I did a LOT of research of where to stay-they have free airport shuttle, free hot breakfast (which was good), nice pool and close to Walgreens and grocery store. Staff was wonderful and room was great. Had no problems and would stay again.
We did a lot of research too and decided to book this hotel after much research-could I ask if you found it to be clean? Everyone in our party of 6 families are clean freaks. Thanks :)

We are doing the YVE Hotel Set Sail package in Miami. It includes breakfast and shuttle and bayview corner room. It's close to the port. Has anyone been been to this hotel? Flying into Fort Lauderdale so wondering what is the best shuttle to it from that airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter